Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Beckford told: Prove to me you're worthy

Jermaine Beckford has to prove he is worthy of a place in the Leicester City team,

says manager Nigel Pearson.

Beckford is one of City's top earners, but Pearson said that was not a consideration when he is picking his squad.

"Any players who are left out the side, the onus is on them to work hard to get back in there and other players have done more to warrant their places," said Pearson, who refused to be drawn on Beckford going out4.gif on loan.

"So, I'm not bothered whether they are perceived to be high-profile or youngsters, players have to earn their right to be in there.

"If players aren't selected, the onus is on them to respond. I don't care if they are senior players or young professionals.

"My job is to pick a side that is best for the club and the team, in terms of being able to produce results. Those who are not involved, it is up to them to work hard to get back in.

"I am not bothered if they are high earners or low earners, it doesn't interest me."

Pearson praised striker David Nugent, who started the season on the substitutes' bench as Beckford was initially preferred.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Leicester-City-striker-Jermaine-Beckford-told/story-16975259-detail/story.html

Fair play Mr Pearson good on you...

Guest nathan.

Egotistical willy puller

I take it you mean Pearson where in that interview does he come across egotistical or are you just having a bad day?

Like I have always said i'm more than happy to be proved wrong, I've slagged Beckford off i'm not going to deny that, i've slagged many players off and when they have proved me wrong I have gave them credit where credit is due (That hasn't happened too often but it has happen and i've gone back on my word)

I don't want any player in a Leicester shirt to fail, of course I want them to do well, if they are doing well in theory Leicester are doing well.

Beckford is one of our best players on his day - Unfortunately there aren't many of "his day's" and only he can change this by working hard, proving people wrong and taking his chances when he gets them.

Like I have always said i'm more than happy to be proved wrong, I've slagged Beckford off i'm not going to deny that, i've slagged many players off and when they have proved me wrong I have gave them credit where credit is due (That hasn't happened too often but it has happen and i've gone back on my word)

I don't want any player in a Leicester shirt to fail, of course I want them to do well, if they are doing well in theory Leicester are doing well.

Beckford is one of our best players on his day - Unfortunately there aren't many of "his day's" and only he can change this by working hard, proving people wrong and taking his chances when he gets them.

One moment in the Blackpool game summed up Beckford's time with us- he took the ball from the sky beautifully, then blazed it wildly wide of the goal.

Promised so much, showed some quality, but littered with basic errors.

He has the capability of being a fine striker, but it hasn't be shown too often, sadly.

This

I love that NP has the courage of his convictions. It may be difficult with 'star' players such as beckford, brought in on big money from big clubs, and aren't providing the goods and pressure builds on the manager. But he seems to be single minded in his intentions, and for some that must make him difficult to work with/for but at least you know where you stand. I think he's shown with SSL that if you mess up then hard work seems to be what's required to get you back in favour. Hard work and a good attitude, old fashioned values that sadly some don't value as highly. I'd love it if JB was to turn it round and be a success at city, but it'll be on NP's terms if he does. I'd put money on it that he doesn't, and he'll go on to another club, and maybe another and quite possibly never fulfil the promise some saw in him.

What an enigma Beckford is and has become at our football club.

So much opinion appears to be based upon what he did at Leeds in League 1.

If I had a pound for every comment I've read about his 'potential', 'settling in', '20 goals a season' etc etc I'd be worth approximately 176 pounds..

Even the old cynic I am, feels that there must be more to come from 'Our Jermaine'.. I find it hard to accept just how generally crap he has been.

Very few players have had me as confused as Beckford has. Still, I'm afraid, my heart keeps telling me he's shit-hot, whilst my head keeps telling me to shut it, cos he's had enough chances.

When I'm old enough to have grand kids I'll tell them of this player we once signed at City that everybody thought was gonna be absolutely brill, then the manager went and subbed him off at half time more than any other player I can remember. It's almost bringing a little tear to my eye..

What an enigma Beckford is and has become at our football club.

So much opinion appears to be based upon what he did at Leeds in League 1.

If I had a pound for every comment I've read about his 'potential', 'settling in', '20 goals a season' etc etc I'd be worth approximately 176 pounds..

Even the old cynic I am, feels that there must be more to come from 'Our Jermaine'.. I find it hard to accept just how generally crap he has been.

Very few players have had me as confused as Beckford has. Still, I'm afraid, my heart keeps telling me he's shit-hot, whilst my head keeps telling me to shut it, cos he's had enough chances.

When I'm old enough to have grand kids I'll tell them of this player we once signed at City that everybody thought was gonna be absolutely brill, then the manager went and subbed him off at half time more than any other player I can remember. It's almost bringing a little tear to my eye..

I'm going to have this framed. :ph34r:

I love that NP has the courage of his convictions. It may be difficult with 'star' players such as beckford, brought in on big money from big clubs, and aren't providing the goods and pressure builds on the manager. But he seems to be single minded in his intentions, and for some that must make him difficult to work with/for but at least you know where you stand. I think he's shown with SSL that if you mess up then hard work seems to be what's required to get you back in favour. Hard work and a good attitude, old fashioned values that sadly some don't value as highly. I'd love it if JB was to turn it round and be a success at city, but it'll be on NP's terms if he does. I'd put money on it that he doesn't, and he'll go on to another club, and maybe another and quite possibly never fulfil the promise some saw in him.

I can't imagine finding any "difficulty" with Beckford.

I'd be forgetting all about him and looking for an option. I'm utterly sick of hearing the word Beckford. Never have I heard or read so many words about a footballer who hardly ever plays for us and is so often little more than an embarrassment when he does.

He's drawn his wages but contributed very little to our cause that I can recall and quite frankly i'd rather his pay was going to provide irrigation for the poor in Africa.

Archived