Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Beckford told: Prove to me you're worthy

Beckford is shite.

you're shite! your contributiom to this forum is non existent and i find your posts lazy. you don't even try to create unique and insightful posts and it wouldn't surprise me if you've had a falling out with the mods and they headbutted you. i can't wait to see the back of you because you're shite and i hate your face.

They are both shite then. Probably why neither of them start.

0.2 is about 1 in 5 (if my maths is correct) which isn't actually that bad you normally hope for 1 in 3 from the strikers, for the record Nugent is 0.39 for us

Waghorn since we bought him has played 37 games scoring 5 goals (0.14 goals per game ratio), Beckford has played 43 games scoring 9 goals (0.21 goals per game ratio)

Your stats are misleading:

Waghorn has started 12 games and had 25 subs appearances scored 5, so 5 in 12 starts = 0.41 in the league, 5 in 14 including the cups = 0.357

Beckford has started 35 games and had 9 subs appearances scored 9, 9 in 35 = 0.25 in the league, 15 in 40 including the cups = 0.375

Why can't people actually look at stats in an objective manner, instead of twisting them, and basically lying, to try and prove a point.

Why do Beckford's cup games not count? and Why does Waghorn's loan not count? Why do people count subs appearances, sometimes just minutes in the case of both Waghorn and Beckford, as the same as a start. You can argue that they have both been subbed off at times in games, but that is normally their own fault for playing poorly, so I only look at starts when calculating goals ratio.

Incidentally Waghorn's total for Leicester is 17 in 42 starts = 0.40 (regardless of being subbed or playing on the wing, or playing in Sousa's appalling side that is a decent return, and it shouldn't be forgotten)

Beckford's stats including cup goals are also not bad, but it is everything else that has come with it that makes everyone so exasperated, whether it is arguing with NP on the pitch, staring out the Leicester fans, saluting the Leeds fans, or just seriously underperforming on too many occasions I am just getting fed up with it.

hang on have you checked that Waggy never scored when coming on as Sub? I don't understand the cup goals argument either but Babylon has a tantrum if you count them so its easier not to, Waghorn's loan was 3 years ago in a completely different side that's why I don't count it

Rubbish arguments, mostly of the 'if my auntie had balls.......' variety.

What is interesting is that in the last couple of games we have played with a creative type in the hole, along with a midfield that is becoming adept at threading passes through to breaking strikers or playing neat balls into feet in and around the area....... :thumbup:

Now, as that is the style of play that is said to be to Beckford's strengths, I would have thought that he would have been busting a gut to get a game........ :dunno:

Yet he was not even on the bench sunday!

hang on have you checked that Waggy never scored when coming on as Sub? I don't understand the cup goals argument either but Babylon has a tantrum if you count them so its easier not to, Waghorn's loan was 3 years ago in a completely different side that's why I don't count it

Do I really? Care to find where that ever happened. No, thought not.

I'm not interested in his cup goals, for numerous reasons I have covered dozens of times. If you want to you can knock yourself out, but deep down you will know he's only scored in 7 league games and 9 times. Which considering his other contributions to the team isn't good enough.

Waghorn scored the winner against Bristol City coming on as sub.

4 of Waghorn's goals came as a sub. His Championship record is still better than Beckford's.

Can't believe we have another "the merits (or lack of) Jermain Beckford" thread again.

Arrrrrrrrrrgh. Either sod off or come into the team work your bollocks off and score 20 goals.

What about his premiership record?

Both have played a decent number of Championship games so I felt it was the only fair way of judging them. But if you must know, as a 18/19 year old he made four Premier League appearances and a couple of years later he made two appearances he scored no goals. Yes you're right, those 6 matches are far more significant than the performances of both in the division we're trying to get out of.

Beckford either needs to work hard, wait it out and take his chance when he gets it, or take the easy option and get his agent stirring up sh!te to get other clubs interested.

My guess he will take the easy option.

On another note, what I like about Nugent, is he looks like he actually wants to play football. Not necessarily for the club but more for the love of the game.That breads success.

What is interesting is that in the last couple of games we have played with a creative type in

the hole, along with a midfield that is becoming adept at threading passes through to breaking

strikers or playing neat balls into feet in and around the area....... :thumbup:

Now, as that is the style of play that is said to be to Beckford's strengths, I would have thought that he would have been busting a gut to get a game........ :dunno:

If only we were all as smart as you Dave, then we could spend all day agreeing with each other.

What is interesting is that in the last couple of games we have played with a creative type in the hole, along with a midfield that is becoming adept at threading passes through to breaking strikers or playing neat balls into feet in and around the area....... :thumbup:

Far too much intelligence in this post mate tone it down a bit this is Foxestalk

It would be better for Beckford if he moved on and as soon as possible. His time here has been a failure and has tarnished his reputation and the way to rebuild that is to go elsewhere and play regular football. Obviously his wages may be a stumbling block for any permanent move but a successful loan deal and a willingness from him to take a financial hit may get him a move and give him a chance to resurrect his career. If he sits here not playing for the duration of his contract it could effectively end his career in the upper reaches of English football.

Exactly what I said straight after Sundays game.

Playing this way COULD bring out the best of Beckford.

However, you can debate all you like, I simply don't think Nige wants to keep him. Why? Value for money... It's important now people. Beckford has never shown he warrants being paid anything like 30+ k a week. Nowhere near.

Archived