Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Beckford to Huddersfield extended to End of Season

What a fookin waste of money Beckford would have been!

Where have all the Beckford lovers vanished to anyway?

I'm still a fan of him .... Wouldn't say I'm a Beckford "lover" or Pearson "hater" or Sven "bummer"..... just don't instantly think someone is rubbish because they don't fit with the current manager.

Oh boy so just do what suits the lad and **** the rest if them, maybe Beckford has learnt something from his time with the club? Don't you recall what Preason has said about prima donnas, delusions of grander, disruptive elements and the such.

Not at all, I'm not saying we should bend over backwards to please him - I'm suggesting we should sell him. But if you want to get the best out of egos like Beckford, Balotelli, Tevez and the like then you're going to have to tender to their personal needs.

Collymore was another great example, he needed careful handling and a considered approach. It looked like O'Neill had a real grasp on that until the boy went a little too far but then he's got a well documented history of ill mental health.

Would you really want to play a round of golf with Bellmany ?

A happy player doesn't take a swing at his team mates. I've no interest in golf but would I want a well-motivated and focused Craig Bellamy in my football team? Absochuffinglutely. Some people are worth the hassle. Beckford probably isn't but there you go.

I'm still a fan of him .... Wouldn't say I'm a Beckford "lover" or Pearson "hater" or Sven "bummer"..... just don't instantly think someone is rubbish because they don't fit with the current manager.

Agree, Beckford is not rubbish hes good when you play to his strenths and if the team has the right man incharge just like Huddersfield Grayson knows how to get the best out of him.

Aparently they're after Chris Wood for £1m, lets just give them Beckford for £1m and get Chris Wood for £1m. What a bargain he would be

If Chris Wood is avaliable for £1million, then we should go for him. Quality at this level. I seem to recall Steve Clarke saying he wasn't wanted at the start of the season?

If Chris Wood is avaliable for £1million, then we should go for him. Quality at this level. I seem to recall Steve Clarke saying he wasn't wanted at the start of the season?

When Chris Wood scores a hat-trick against us at the weekend, then his value will rocket up.

He is the one player we need, but I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't on the top of a lot of team's wanted lists, especially Millwall if they can afford him.

I hear what you are saying but I cannt buy in to it when you use examples that are pure class and in some cases world class. Beckford is not any way near that so I don't feel that NFP should be judged on his handling of more modest players. It may well be the case that SGE caused a lot more problems than we as fans realised.

Maybe the way NFP dealt with Millls and SSL would be a better indicator of how good a man manager he is.

I don't know why people are digging the whole Beckford thing up again as it's clearly over.

He's not a bad player as spells with us and his time with Leeds and now Huddersfield are showing, he just does not fit in with our project and is not the type of player our manager is looking to have around.

So he'll move on and probably do OK elsewhere.

Yes we will lose money, but lets not forget it's our choice not to play him and stick him in the shop window,

Time to move on.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-town-fc/huddersfield-town-news/2012/12/12/86081-32408910/?

CHRIS WOOD is on Huddersfield Town’s radar for the January transfer window – but any bid for West Brom’s New Zealand international striker is likely to hinge on Jermaine Beckford.

Wood has attracted plenty of interest after firing eight goals in 16 loan outings for Millwall – two of them in the Londoners’ 4-0 win over Town at The New Den in October.

But boss Simon Grayson remains optimistic over extending Beckford’s loan from Leicester, although his old club Leeds are reported to be keen to bring him back to Elland Road.

Town hope Grayson’s relationship with the 29-year-old he also managed at Leeds, and the way he has settled at the John Smith’s Stadium, will prove crucial.

While currently under treatment for a hamstring injury, Beckford has impressed in bagging three goals in six Town appearances – and could return for Saturday’s Championship trip to Hull.

That would allow him to resume a promising partnership with on-loan Norwich forward James Vaughan, himself back after a thigh problem.

Ex-Everton man Beckford’s hefty salary package at Leicester, where he is under contract until 2015, means a loan extension is more likely than a permanent deal.

I understand progress has been made in talks with the East Midlands club, Town’s first opponents at the King Power Stadium on New Year’s Day after Beckford’s current loan period ends.

But having been close to agreeing a permanent deal late in the August transfer window, only for Leicester to pull the plug at the last minute, Town will be wary.

Archived