Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Beckford to Huddersfield extended to End of Season

In all honesty Beckford will get to be what he wanted to be at Leicester...

the Center of attention, with people falling overthemselves to love him based by what the daily star interview claims their chairman said.

He probably will have a great time up until january banging in the goals under that environment.

He's a big fish in a small pond in that team and he was one of many here. I dont think its an Ego thing as such just a confidence thing...

• 2 months later...

Jermaine Beckford could be staying at Huddersfield Town if manager Simon Grayson gets his own way.

On-loan Beckford has scored three goals for Huddersfield in his six games for the clublb_icon1.png, including the winner in his side's 1-0 victory over Barnsley.

• ​4388886.jpg
    Jermaine Beckford could be staying at Huddersfield Town

He has, however, missed the club's last five gamesicon1.png because of a recurrence of a hamstring injury.

City's out-of-favour striker joined the Terriers on a 93-day loan deal at the end of September after their move to sign him on August 31 fell through just minutes before the transfer deadline, with Beckford in Huddersfield ready to complete the switch.

His loan runs out on December 29, and former City defender Grayson has declared he is pulling out all the stops to keep the striker at the John Smith's Stadium.

Grayson, who managed Beckford when he was in charge of Leeds United, said the striker was also keen to stay.

"We're working hard to structure a deal with his club," he said.

"There are two willing parties in ourselves and Jermaine and, hopefully, the third are interested too."

His comments come amid reports that Huddersfield's Championshiplb_icon1.png rivals, and Beckford's former club, Leeds are interested in re-signing the 29-year-old.

Beckford scored 85 goalsicon1.png in 152 appearances during his time there after arriving at Elland Road from non-league Wealdstone in 2006.

I think the problem with Beckford is quite simply he suits playing counter attack football possibly as a lone striker. We are an attacking team who want to hold possession going foward and control the game it doesn't suit his style of play as much. Cash in get his wages off the book

I don't remember the 'Sell Beckford' campaign having this much support on FoxesTalk in the summer, and since I doubt many have seen him play an awful lot of football since he left I'm surprised but I think those saying it are right. Here's hoping the deal goes through nice and early in January though so that if Pearson thinks we do need to strenghten anywhere he can do so without getting dragged into the deadline day bidding.

I don't remember the 'Sell Beckford' campaign having this much support on FoxesTalk in the summer, and since I doubt many have seen him play an awful lot of football since he left I'm surprised

I don't think it's really about his performances on the pitch and whether or not he's been seen by anyone posting.

It's about the fact he evidently doesn't seem to be someone that Pearson is interested in working with which is something that wasn't really known in the summer (in fact, the season started looking the opposite.)

I think he's got a lot of ability and, if properly managed, could easily find his level here. He didn't look out of place for Everton and there were times here (his hattrick against Forest, for example) where he clearly showed the quality that saw him signed in the first place. But for whatever reason he hasn't delivered and if he isn't in Pearson's plans we should be getting rid ASAP because he's an immensely expensive asset to just have sitting around doing diddly squat.

I'd love it if he was turning in performances here and scoring goals but he isn't and clearly won't be whilst Pearson is the manager and if I had to choose between NP and JB then, I'm sorry Jermaine, but there's the door.

I don't think it's really about his performances on the pitch and whether or not he's been seen by anyone posting.

It's about the fact he evidently doesn't seem to be someone that Pearson is interested in working with which is something that wasn't really known in the summer (in fact, the season started looking the opposite.)

I think he's got a lot of ability and, if properly managed, could easily find his level here. He didn't look out of place for Everton and there were times here (his hattrick against Forest, for example) where he clearly showed the quality that saw him signed in the first place. But for whatever reason he hasn't delivered and if he isn't in Pearson's plans we should be getting rid ASAP because he's an immensely expensive asset to just have sitting around doing diddly squat.

I'd love it if he was turning in performances here and scoring goals but he isn't and clearly won't be whilst Pearson is the manager and if I had to choose between NP and JB then, I'm sorry Jermaine, but there's the door.

How are you defining 'properly managed'?

How are you defining 'properly managed'?

Handling an individual in a way that sees them producing their best, naturally this will be different for a Balotelli than a Tony Hibbert but that's people management in any walk of life.

You can wind your neck in and relax, it's not a criticism of Pearson. Every human on the planet is different, some can work together, some can't. Grayson obviously has a natural rapport with Beckford and the two are happy to work together, Pearson is just a different person.

You could cite Torres' relationship with Benitez as an example or the contrast in Craig Bellamy's behavior under Souness to Mark Hughes.

Handling an individual in a way that sees them producing their best,

Oh boy so just do what suits the lad and **** the rest if them, maybe Beckford has learnt something from his time with the club? Don't you recall what Preason has said about prima donnas, delusions of grander, disruptive elements and the such.

Would you really want to play a round of golf with Bellmany ?

You can wind your neck in and relax, it's not a criticism of Pearson.

Thank god, I nearly had to go into my panic room. :xmasdry:

Just wanted to know what you meant, as I've seen that used plenty of times on here referring to numerous different criteria. Formation, Tactics, Egotism etc.

Contrary to popular belief I don't always come on here looking for an argument. It's often just a happy coincidence.

Archived