Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Beckford to Huddersfield extended to End of Season

Bye Bye Beckford and good riddance - although you will be a 'hero' to me I suppose to some extent for getting a hat-trick against Forest. Hello Chris Wood.... hopefully !!

With all due respect, my cat could have scored a hat-trick past that Forest defence.

I've found the whole 'Beckford Saga' fascinating.

Never before has the forum been so vociferous and in quasi open-warfare about one particular player.

Personally, I just now think we look a much better team without him and he has been a very expensive flop.

I wanted to give him a chance and I think Pearson did, at the start of the season, but found out he just wasn't going to be good enough (for whatever reasons) and will be happy to see the back of him.

If Beckford finally leaves I won't be at all upset.

Permanent Beckford deal unlikely

http://www.football-league.co.uk/championship/news/20121220/permanent-beckford-deal-unlikely_2293322_3015386

Could be brinksmanship, to try to get us to reduce our pricetag/pay off more of his contract or for him to reduce his wage demands or whatever... Or it really could be falling apart

I know he scored a couple in the first few games, but I've not kept up with him since or how he's doing, whether he's linking up with others well or anything about his all round game

Huddersfield are unlikely to conclude a permanent deal for striker Jermaine Beckford during the January transfer window, according to manager Simon Grayson.

Beckford joined the Terriers from Leicester at the end of September until the end of the year and Grayson has made no secret of his desire to extend his stay until the end of the current season.

The Huddersfield boss also revealed other deals are in the pipeline and did not rule out the club making a permanent signing when the transfer window opens.

He said: "There's a lot of work going on behind the scenes. One or two will stay and one or two will go back. We're concentrating on the football, but I think there are some positive talks with a couple of clubs who we are doing deals with at the moment.

"There's a possibility that we'll be bringing in players on loan and permanent signings. You've got to be realistic in your thoughts and transfer targets.

"Using Jermaine as an example. Will we be able to sign Jermaine on a permant basis? No. I don't think anybody in the Championship will be able to afford Jermaine's wages and transfer fee that Leicester will be looking for.

"So that one would be a loan deal until the end of the season and then we'll assess the situation then.

"Simon Church, if you're looking to do something with him, would be more realistic because he's got six months left on his (Reading) contract and Adam Hammill has been made available at Wolves, so that would be an easier option to do.

"I'm just going through the loan options, it doesn't mean to say we're going to carry through with these options, but I'm signalling how easy or hard a deal is to conclude."

Back to Leeds then maybe?

his agent on Twitter said Huddesfield 'were close' the other day, then when asked about Leeds, he replied 'not close'.

Although it means nothing because said that Becks was "going nowhere" with us, he was "our no1 striker" right up until the point he left though

I'd be inclined to think brinkmanship, but who knows until it happens.

I'd imagine that Wolves and Reading aren't that pleased about SG talking about their players so publicly. Not sure what game he's playing there. Fans might be divided on NP but at least he has the good sense to keep his cards close to his chest when it comes to transfers.

9o

If they can't pay his wages, then stick him on our bench. Why should we pay for him to play there? I detest Simon Grayson these days. Such a nobhead.

We're not paying his wages, we've been quite adamant about not doing that.

They just don't want his wages on a contract. It's doubtful they'll go up so they'd be stuck with unaffordable wages for 3 years in a division where you can't afford to pay them.

Shows how naive & misguided we were during NP's absence.

9o

They just don't want his wages on a contract. It's doubtful they'll go up so they'd be stuck with unaffordable wages for 3 years in a division where you can't afford to pay them.

Shows how naive & misguided ambitious we were during NP's absence.

9o

Shows how naive & misguided we were during NP's absence.

Do you seriously believe that Huddersfield can afford his 40k a week salary?

Firstly I am pretty sure he is not on 40k, but like you I don't know for a fact, but I'm not going to pull numbers out of my ass.

Secondly, it has been widely reported he took a pay cut to go there.

Thirdly they have a lot of money left over from the Jordan Rhodes deal, so they are not cash strapped at the moment.

he agreed to a lower salary to make the move happen as I recall he said at the time the loan was agreed- didnt say how much though. He is desperate to play for huddersfield having supported them as a child and is now living the dream

(OK I made the last bit up)

Firstly I am pretty sure he is not on 40k, but like you I don't know for a fact, but I'm not going to pull numbers out of my ass.

Secondly, it has been widely reported he took a pay cut to go there.

Thirdly they have a lot of money left over from the Jordan Rhodes deal, so they are not cash strapped at the moment.

I pulled that one out of my arse as so many others have done on this board and claimed to be itk.

Archived