Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Ipswich pre-match waffle

Amazes me how easy many think this game is gonna be.

McCarthy will set them up well and many of their fans think their tide is turning.

Fair play, a couple of weeks ago I'd have had 3-0 to City. Now, I think it's gonna be closer than many think.

The idiots think we'll smash people every game, then end up looking like idiots when we can only scrape a draw

Seems like the injury situation has eased :thumbup:

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/151112-foxes-injury-problems-easing-488995.aspx?pageView=full

City boss Nigel Pearson could have his options boosted considerably for Saturday’s visit of Ipswich Town, with several first team players coming back into the reckoning following injury.

Defender Paul Konchesky plus strike duo Jamie Vardy and David Nugent could all be in contention for the visit of the Tractor Boys, as the Foxes look to end a run of four npower Championship games without a win.

And in midfield, Pearson can call on the services of the experienced Richie Wellens, who has re-joined the squad following a fitness-building loan spell with Ipswich Town.

Nugent, City’s seven-goal leading scorer, had to be replaced after straining his neck in last week’s draw with Nottingham Forest, while Vardy and Konchesky have both been sidelined with respective calf and hamstring problems.

“We’ve got everybody training today apart from Sean St. Ledger,†Pearson said while assessing the condition of his squad on Thursday.

“We’ll see how they are, but it’s good to get the international players back without any problems, and also for the players who have had knocks and strains to be back on the training pitch. We’ll see how they are on Friday.

“Kasper (Schmeichel) is travelling today, but all in all we’ll have a relatively fit squad to choose from.â€

Seems like the injury situation has eased :thumbup:

http://www.lcfc.com/...x?pageView=full

City boss Nigel Pearson could have his options boosted considerably for Saturday’s visit of Ipswich Town, with several first team players coming back into the reckoning following injury.

Defender Paul Konchesky plus strike duo Jamie Vardy and David Nugent could all be in contention for the visit of the Tractor Boys, as the Foxes look to end a run of four npower Championship games without a win.

And in midfield, Pearson can call on the services of the experienced Richie Wellens, who has re-joined the squad following a fitness-building loan spell with Ipswich Town.

Nugent, City’s seven-goal leading scorer, had to be replaced after straining his neck in last week’s draw with Nottingham Forest, while Vardy and Konchesky have both been sidelined with respective calf and hamstring problems.

“We’ve got everybody training today apart from Sean St. Ledger,†Pearson said while assessing the condition of his squad on Thursday.

“We’ll see how they are, but it’s good to get the international players back without any problems, and also for the players who have had knocks and strains to be back on the training pitch. We’ll see how they are on Friday.

“Kasper (Schmeichel) is travelling today, but all in all we’ll have a relatively fit squad to choose from.â€

Brilliant news, I think we've missed vardys energy and having him and nuge back is vital.

Swap Konch for Schlupp imo (if he's fit enough).

Worth chucking in Wellens too? He knows the team quite well after all...

Yes, but does he know OUR team well? Sounds silly but there is good chemistry forming with the partnership of Drinkeh and Kingeh with the wingers, forwards and defenders. Wellens was in the heart of our midfield last season that lacked creativity. But having said that, I'd also like to see him star as he played some decent football for Ipswich. Coming on as a sub maybe, but I can't see anything more happening.

I really would like us to absolutely bang someone at some point soon. For all the statements that seem to come out of our staff every couple of months that 'someone is in line for a real beating' etc etc, it never happens. When was the last time we hammered someone?

6-0 Leicester.

I really would like us to absolutely bang someone at some point soon. For all the statements that seem come out of our staff every couple of months that 'someone is in line for a real beating' etc etc, it never happens. When was the last time we hammered someone?

6-0 Leicester.

Scoreline-wise it was Doncaster last April, but the 4-0 score flattered us.

I agree though, we need to smack someone hard soon, show what we're about.

Archived