Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KFS

Lingard and Keane extend their stay

Good news, both young lads, could be potential January signings and grow into the sort of quality that Drinkwater & the rest have become.

I agree, we need to lay foundations for the future not just today, it’s a good way of finding out more about them as potential future signings. Also adds numbers too the squad with FA cup starting up and a busy winter period.

Pearson seems to have a liking for Man U Academy products RDL, Drinkwater, Marshall (Via Crewe & Stoke), having a good relationship with Man U can’t be a bad thing.

I agree, we need to lay foundations for the future not just today, it’s a good way of finding out more about them as potential future signings. Also adds numbers too the squad with FA cup starting up and a busy winter period.

Pearson seems to have a liking for Man U Academy products RDL, Drinkwater, Marshall (Via Crewe & Stoke), having a good relationship with Man U can’t be a bad thing.

He only got those players because someone at Hull was connected to Manchester United.

Good news, both young lads, could be potential January signings and grow into the sort of quality that Drinkwater & the rest have become.

Think Man U have pretty developed first-team aspirations for Keane so we won't get him, Lingard possibly.

Couple of bodies in for cover .... no news really.

I can see why people have jumped to a conclusion about Lingard after not seeing much of him though ..... usually when you sign an exciting new prospect from a premier club you'd expect them to show some flashes of class in their ten minute cameos ..... Lingard has had several cameos and yet to show anything at all..... But it really is no big deal as I think he's seen as an emergency option in the short term.

Really so we got RDL, Drinkwater, Lingard and Keane because of someone at Hull, not to mention Ceverley a few season ago?

Not saying you are wrong just seems odd :unsure:

I don't think he was being 100% serious.

From what I've seen of them, Keane was crap and Lingard looks like he could be a good player, but unless we have an injury spell, can't see either making the bench.

Keane crap when United have first team hopes for him?

From what I've seen of them, Keane was crap and Lingard looks like he could be a good player, but unless we have an injury spell, can't see either making the bench.

Keane has played 57 minutes for us with a clean sheet lol

Really so we got RDL, Drinkwater, Lingard and Keane because of someone at Hull, not to mention Ceverley a few season ago?

Not saying you are wrong just seems odd :unsure:

We had Hull fans on here saying Pearson only signed Man United youth players because of Warren Joyce or someone who had connections to them.

Which, as we now know, as we did then, is complete crap.

On a serious note, why aren't we bringing through our own players from the Academy? We have a good academy now with excellent facilities. Is it serving any purpose re. Developing players who can compete for first team football? Schlupp excepted, but most people on here were more than happy to be sending him out on loan at the start of the season.

On a serious note, why aren't we bringing through our own players from the Academy? We have a good academy now with excellent facilities. Is it serving any purpose re. Developing players who can compete for first team football? Schlupp excepted, but most people on here were more than happy to be sending him out on loan at the start of the season.

It depends on what you see serving them better, on the bench and getting very little game time and possibly costing us points, or going on loan getting some league experience and/or playing in the development league.

I know hopper and Harry have had a few first team minutes, but now really isn't the time te blood youngsters.

Taft and Blyth are out on loan, I think, or at least they were.

Np has shown with Moore and Schlupp that he is prepared to put youth teamers in when they are ready, or in the case of hopper and Harry when the opportunity comes up, but he won't do so if he thinks it will jeopardise the team.

In this case I think Keane and Lingard are more ready and better able to perform if called upon in the next few weeks.

It depends on what you see serving them better, on the bench and getting very little game time and possibly costing us points, or going on loan getting some league experience and/or playing in the development league.

I know hopper and Harry have had a few first team minutes, but now really isn't the time te blood youngsters.

Taft and Blyth are out on loan, I think, or at least they were.

Np has shown with Moore and Schlupp that he is prepared to put youth teamers in when they are ready, or in the case of hopper and Harry when the opportunity comes up, but he won't do so if he thinks it will jeopardise the team.

In this case I think Keane and Lingard are more ready and better able to perform if called upon in the next few weeks.

I guess that's fair enough Shrap...

What seems to happen at City however, and this is under various managers, is that very few players seem to come through the Academy and then really cement a first team, established position. I can only think of King?

Take Moore, for example... I reckon Pearson will usually play RDL if fit and Moore probably won't see a lot of first team football again this season.

I'm not knocking this. It just seems to be a feature of the club.

I guess that's fair enough Shrap...

What seems to happen at City however, and this is under various managers, is that very few players seem to come through the Academy and then really cement a first team, established position. I can only think of King?

Take Moore, for example... I reckon Pearson will usually play RDL if fit and Moore probably won't see a lot of first team football again this season.

I'm not knocking this. It just seems to be a feature of the club.

Its a fair point you make however how many of the players not getting a chance make it at this level at another club? I can only think of a handfull and that happens at every club. A player doesnt look good in his teens, he's released and when he's 25 he finds his form.

I dont think its possible for a team at this level to blood youngsters as we just dont have the patience as a club or as supporters. People on here saying Keane is shit having seen him play for less than an hour. Patience lasts a little longer with home grown players but not that much longer. A couple of bad performances and the boo boys will be out. Christ, people on here having a go at Taft and he's not even played yet.

Loaning them out is perfect as you can see what they've got or in most cases, what they havent got.

Archived