Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Boxing Day fixture V Dull

I think that Nigel is a very stubborn man who will no doubt refuse to strengthen your forward line in January and leave you with a team that does everything perfectly apart from the most important thing of all: scoring. Just like he did with us.

Yeah thank God that's not a problem for you anymore, we can't score to save our lives. I mean it's not like we've scored 2 more goals than you have this season or anything... :blink:

Aluko -best player in Champ but we have won all games since his injury.

Palace were crip against us so they may collapse quicker than yourselves.

Wolves are a long way back but I think it will be an interesting situation by the time you play them.

Infact their are a mass of clubs in your middle group so important not to lose your 2 away games.

I genuinely hope you stick with Nigel.

That first line made me laugh. So good that you win without him.

Also, I/we know it important that we don't lose our next two, very tough, games. But the same can be applied to you as well. A couple of defeats, along with wins for other teams, and league positions change again. The league is that tight.

92.I do not think so.2defeats for you will poss see you well on way to a very tangled net of mid ranking clubs.Wolves have had a catastrophic start but before long you could be neck and neck with them for getting into top half.

If we lose 2 we will still be handily placed.

I must say I am glad you all want to keep Nige when the writing has been on the wall for 5 games now.

Nige understands maths and the look on his face after Bellamy scored demonstrated he knew what many of you have not worked out yet.It really was a must win game for him.

If you lose your next 2 I think the mob will be baying for his head-just cos he is on 1mill a year and has had a budget that Watford and Millwall could only dream of

92.I do not think so.2defeats for you will poss see you well on way to a very tangled net of mid ranking clubs.Wolves have had a catastrophic start but before long you could be neck and neck with them for getting into top half.

If we lose 2 we will still be handily placed.

I must say I am glad you all want to keep Nige when the writing has been on the wall for 5 games now.

Nige understands maths and the look on his face after Bellamy scored demonstrated he knew what many of you have not worked out yet.It really was a must win game for him.

If you lose your next 2 I think the mob will be baying for his head-just cos he is on 1mill a year and has had a budget that Watford and Millwall could only dream of

Yawn. Why don't you worry about your club rather than coming on here spouting a load of shite?

From the Hull local rag.

Link to view the locals comments - http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/Peter-Swan-Hull-City-v-Leicester-Christmas/story-17670194-detail/story.html

THE two best sides in the Championship will go head to head at the KC Stadium on Boxinglb_icon1.png Day in a Christmas cracker I can't wait for.

I know Leicester are in fifth place heading into the contest, and were beaten at home by leaders Cardiff on Saturday, but I still think they are the best side I have seen other than the Tigers.

• ​4424529.jpg
    Dangerous tactics: Nigel Pearson

If anybody watched the Foxes' game against Cardiff, they will have seen how many chances they created. They were the better side and were unfortunate not to have won the game.

Leicester inflicted upon City one of their worst defeats of the season at the King Power Stadiumlb_icon1.pngearlier in the campaign, as Steve Bruce's men were outplayed.

They surprised us on that day, as we were all expecting Nigel Pearson to try and come up with tactics to nullify City's attacking threat.

However, he sent his side out to attack City and go all out for the three points, and they were hard to handle.

Like the Tigers, Leicester have many dangermen in their side and they come at their opponents from all angles.

Many people accuse Pearson of being a boring manager with boring sides, especially Tigers fans, given his approach when manager at the KC Stadium.

If they look at what he has done at Leicester though, they will see he has had a different approach.

Yes, he builds sides around a solid defence, but with the Foxes he has recognised he has attackingtalentlb_icon1.png in abundance and has set his team out to go for victory and attack.

When at the Tigers, Pearson was limited in his options, and lacking the same sort of flair and creativity in his side, he looked to grind out results, which City often did.

As I say, for me, this is a clash between the Championship'slb_icon1.png top two sides, and although I expect both teams to be positive, I can see it being a tight affair.

It's one of those games that is almost too difficult to predict, but for me the Tigers are on a roll at the moment, and just have the edge going into this key contest.

My money is on City to end the year in styleicon1.png and sign off from 2012 with another victory at the KC Stadium, a 1-0 win with the goal coming from a set piece.

Then bring on 2013 and hopefully promotion to the Premier League.

Interesting game.

Think we're going to pour forward as usual, but with 3 wins in 11 away matches (sure I read that and cba to look) it's not the best tactic away from home and I think Hull are going to be firm favourites in this one.

Drinky & Nuge looked tired in the final half hour vs Cardiff.

For me we need Schlupp in the starting line up, an ability to break with speed and get Dyer back to the devastating form which demolished teams a few games ago.

Would love to see Knocky playing central in one of two formations

RDL - Morgan - CB - Schlupp

Marshall - King - Drinkwater - Dyer

Knockaert

Nugent

King - Drinkwater

Marshall - Knockaert - Dyer

Nugent

Could be a cracker, is Koren still there? If so, he's bound to score

Interesting game.

Think we're going to pour forward as usual, but with 3 wins in 11 away matches (sure I read that and cba to look) it's not the best tactic away from home and I think Hull are going to be firm favourites in this one.

Drinky & Nuge looked tired in the final half hour vs Cardiff.

For me we need Schlupp in the starting line up, an ability to break with speed and get Dyer back to the devastating form which demolished teams a few games ago.

Would love to see Knocky playing central in one of two formations

Marshall - King - Drinkwater - Dyer

Knockaert

Nugent

King - Drinkwater

Marshall - Knockaert - Dyer

Nugent

Could be a cracker, is Koren still there? If so, he's bound to score

Yep , hes in great form too.

We were talking like we were guaranteed automatic promotion a few weeks ago, we're not anymore. I genuinley hope that you **** it up completely, you'd deserve it, we've already seen with both Nigel Pearson and Steve Bruce that you're fans are far too quick to condemn any new manager (though we're no saints in that department) and I believe it's part of the reason Nigel was so eager to leave your shitty little club, I imagine Steve Bruce would do the same given the oppertunity. You're clearly also too quick to judge players (Alex Bruce), you're frankly just not a very supportive fan base. You also seem unable to appreciate that Pearson constructed the squad you have now and was doing a very good job of getting you towards were you are now. Oh and none of you seem to care about club legend Nicky Barmby being shafted anymore. But apart from that you're not a bad set of fans and I genuinley hope Hobbs and Fryatt find a good home in the Premier League, with someone else.

1. None of us condemned the appointment of Nigel Pearson;

2. None of us were judging Bruce as second-tier manager. Those who had concerns about him were worried about how we'd cope if we got to the Premier League, given his indifferent record at that level, how he'd manage on a small budget (which we believed he would be operating on after the Allams' supposed reluctance to give serious funds to Nick Barmby) and whether or not he'd jump ship at the first sniff of another job, as he has done in the past. I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with that.

3. Nigel was probably eager to leave our club because he realized we fans were beginning to question his tactics of 'one pass sideways, two passes backwards - repeat ad infinitum'. As I said before, he did a decent job of 'steadying the ship', yet his ineptitude in terms of orchestrating any half-decent forward play cost him (and us) dearly. Nick Barmby had eff-all coaching experience and managed to keep us in exactly the same position as were when Negative Nigel left.

4. We're too quick to judge players, are we? All the evidence concerning Alex Bruce suggested he was shite. He was unable to get into a team with one of the worst back-fours in the league, and was without a club when we signed him. Those of us who thought he was shite have since been proved correct, as he is a truly dreadful player. I'm not sure how you, a Leicester City fan, would know any better than those of us who see him week-in, week-out.

5. Apparently we're not very supportive of our team. You're 5th in the league and battered Cardiff on Saturday, only to find them in resolute form defensively. You booed your side off. I do hope you're not suggesting we take a leaf out of the LCFC fans' book of how to back your club.

6. Nigel didn't construct our squad at all. He had a very good scout who signed us some decent players, but he also signed us some of the worst I've ever seen in a Hull City shirt. Dele Adebola, David Amoo, Hope Akpan, Martyn Waghorn, Rowan Vine, Jon Bostock, Aaron McLean (who cost us £1.2m), Jay Simpson (who we are now being forced to play), Nolberto Solano and Peter Gulacsi were all abysmal. Also, by far our best players this season have been signings made by Bruce, and the few who appeared decent whilst Smiler was here have been shown up as average or inconsistent. I'll repeat: don't try and comment on HCAFC when you know nothing about our side.

Yeah thank God that's not a problem for you anymore, we can't score to save our lives. I mean it's not like we've scored 2 more goals than you have this season or anything... :blink:

I didn't say we were banging them in did I, thicko. You really ought to learn to engage your brain before responding to people.

2. None of us were judging Bruce as second-tier manager. Those who had concerns about him were worried about how we'd cope if we got to the Premier League, given his indifferent record at that level, how he'd manage on a small budget (which we believed he would be operating on after the Allams' supposed reluctance to give serious funds to Nick Barmby) and whether or not he'd jump ship at the first sniff of another job, as he has done in the past. I wouldn't say there was anything wrong with that.

3. Nigel was probably eager to leave our club because he realized we fans were beginning to question his tactics of 'one pass sideways, two passes backwards - repeat ad infinitum'. As I said before, he did a decent job of 'steadying the ship', yet his ineptitude in terms of orchestrating any half-decent forward play cost him (and us) dearly. Nick Barmby had eff-all coaching experience and managed to keep us in exactly the same position as were when Negative Nigel left.

4. We're too quick to judge players, are we? All the evidence concerning Alex Bruce suggested he was shite. He was unable to get into a team with one of the worst back-fours in the league, and was without a club when we signed him. Those of us who thought he was shite have since been proved correct, as he is a truly dreadful player. I'm not sure how you, a Leicester City fan, would know any better than those of us who see him week-in, week-out.

5. Apparently we're not very supportive of our team. You're 5th in the league and battered Cardiff on Saturday, only to find them in resolute form defensively. You booed your side off. I do hope you're not suggesting we take a leaf out of the LCFC fans' book of how to back your club.

6. Nigel didn't construct our squad at all. He had a very good scout who signed us some decent players, but he also signed us some of the worst I've ever seen in a Hull City shirt. Dele Adebola, David Amoo, Hope Akpan, Martyn Waghorn, Rowan Vine, Jon Bostock, Aaron McLean (who cost us £1.2m), Jay Simpson (who we are now being forced to play), Nolberto Solano and Peter Gulacsi were all abysmal. Also, by far our best players this season have been signings made by Bruce, and the few who appeared decent whilst Smiler was here have been shown up as average or inconsistent. I'll repeat: don't try and comment on HCAFC when you know nothing about our side.

I didn't say we were banging them in did I, thicko. You really ought to learn to engage your brain before responding to people.

Got to hand it to you, that's a great reply!!!!

I also forgot that Solano came to you .... I was mystified by that one as i thought he looked like NP's biggest mistake and he'd be glad to leave him here!!

1. No, but you were booing him not long before you played us for Sven's first game.

2. I never said you judged him to be a second-tier manager, but there were still alot of 'Steve Bruce is crap' type posts on your forums, as I say I read a lot of it when you all decided Alex was crap before you'd seen him play.

3. Very harsh, you were lucky you got Nigel when you did, he turned you from being a club that was on its way down, into a club competing for a play-off place.

4. 'All the evidence concerning Alex Bruce suggested he was shite.' - Before he'd played a game? Yeah you judged him far too quickly.

5. Maybe a few hundred did, but I can assure you I dislike a lot of our fans as well.

6. Waghorn played 6 or 7 games for you, I don't know how you can have decided he's crap. I can assure you he's not. Plus he did construct your side, he completely rebuilt your side, brought in many of your key players, the likes of Chester, Hobbs, Fryatt wouldn't be there without Pearson, whether you credit Walsh for that or not, you wouldn't have had those players without him.

1. No, but you were booing him not long before you played us for Sven's first game.

2. I never said you judged him to be a second-tier manager, but there were still alot of 'Steve Bruce is crap' type posts on your forums, as I say I read a lot of it when you all decided Alex was crap before you'd seen him play.

3. Very harsh, you were lucky you got Nigel when you did, he turned you from being a club that was on its way down, into a club competing for a play-off place.

4. 'All the evidence concerning Alex Bruce suggested he was shite.' - Before he'd played a game? Yeah you judged him far too quickly.

5. Maybe a few hundred did, but I can assure you I dislike a lot of our fans as well.

6. Waghorn played 6 or 7 games for you, I don't know how you can have decided he's crap. I can assure you he's not. Plus he did construct your side, he completely rebuilt your side, brought in many of your key players, the likes of Chester, Hobbs, Fryatt wouldn't be there without Pearson, whether you credit Walsh for that or not, you wouldn't have had those players without him.

Maybe he was crap in those 6 or 7 games??? Just like he's crap for us but you can't see it.

I don't remember us ever booing Pearson. In fact, I don't recall City fans booing a manger since we had Phil Parkinson in charge, and we're on our fifth manager since him.

You're absolutely right that some of us felt aggrieved at Steve Bruce signing Bruce Jnr. The guy couldn't even make the bench for a Leeds side renowned for their defensive ineptitude. Both Simon Grayson and Neil Warnock opted to play kids from the youth team over him. Whilst I understand that fans exaggerate the abilities of players who leave their cub, I've never known a group of supporters be so pleased to finally get rid of somebody. When he signed they (Leeds' fans) said he was a fantastic header of the ball, but that he couldn't man-mark, pass, tackle or run. All of that has since been proven to be true, apart from the part about him being fantastic at heading (it's average, as centre-backs go).

Add to all of the above the fact that we have been pretty sound at the back for the past couple of years and that the two Bruces had previously said they wouldn't work together after receiving criticism during their time together at Birmingham, and you'll see why were a bit pissed off. It all seemed like daddy was taking advantage of his position in a new job to help his wee boy earn a few thousand pounds extra each week.

Pearson never had us competing for a play-off place. We occasionally entered into the top-six, but we exited just as swiftly and drifted back towards mid-table. We finished 11th in his only full season and were 8th when he left.

Waghorn was, and still is, crap. He's your version of Jay Simpson - he never stops running and he's a real trier, but ultimately he's a forward who scores once in a blue moon. Now I've said that he'll probably get a hat-trick for you as you fulfill my prediction of a 3-1 Leicester win :blush:

I don't remember us ever booing Pearson. In fact, I don't recall City fans booing a manger since we had Phil Parkinson in charge, and we're on our fifth manager since him.

Pearson never had us competing for a play-off place. We occasionally entered into the top-six, but we exited just as swiftly and drifted back towards mid-table. We finished 11th in his only full season and were 8th when he left.

I'm sure Pearson made reference to your fans booing you a few weeks before our game with you that season, but I could be wrong. I'm fairly sure you were competing for a Play-Off spot before he left though, hence the bitter Hull fans who cluttered this board for a few weeks aftewards.

Waghorn was, and still is, crap. He's your version of Jay Simpson - he never stops running and he's a real trier, but ultimately he's a forward who scores once in a blue moon. Now I've said that he'll probably get a hat-trick for you as you fulfill my prediction of a 3-1 Leicester win :blush:

I'm not sure how you, a Leicester Hull City fan, would know any better than those of us who see him week-in, week-out.

Archived