Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Boxing Day fixture V Dull

Reading on their forum, the Dull fans are still so bitter. They are actually obssesed with NP. Now they are planning the "you're getting sacked in the morning chant" for him. Seem more interested in our results than their own. Saps.

Hull play a 3-5-2 formation, we can counteract this with a 4-2-3-1

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Whitbread Schlupp

James King

Marshall Knockaert Dyer

Waghorn

Subs: Logan, Moore, Drinkwater, Futacs, Nugent, Vardy, Danns (if we can recall him).

Dyer and Marshall must be disciplined and literally stick to the line, no cutting in. Waghorn chosen over Nugent as I reckon he is better suited to play the lone striker role. Schlupp back in over Konch giving us more pace in the backline and greater ability to counter. Just by trying to choose the team it was evident that we are light on our feet and need a couple of midfielders. Preferrably I'd have King in the hole behind Waghorn with Knockaert on the bench because I don't feel that Knockaert is disciplined enough to stay wide enough. Drinkwater rested.

My team would be;

Schmeichel

De Laet -- Morgan -- Moore -- Schlupp

King -- James/Drinkwater

Knockaert -- Marshall -- Vardy/Waghorn

Nugent

We haven't won a December away game in the Championship since 2006!

This is off the top of my head, but was that on Boxing Day against Hull? I recall us winning at the KC one year, Gareth Williams scored a screamer.

Reading on their forum, the Dull fans are still so bitter. They are actually obssesed with NP. Now they are planning the "you're getting sacked in the morning chant" for him. Seem more interested in our results than their own. Saps.

Wow, that's original.

Hull play a 3-5-2 formation, we can counteract this with a 4-2-3-1

Schmeichel

De Laet Morgan Whitbread Schlupp

James King

Marshall Knockaert Dyer

Waghorn

Subs: Logan, Moore, Drinkwater, Futacs, Nugent, Vardy, Danns (if we can recall him).

Dyer and Marshall must be disciplined and literally stick to the line, no cutting in. Waghorn chosen over Nugent as I reckon he is better suited to play the lone striker role. Schlupp back in over Konch giving us more pace in the backline and greater ability to counter. Just by trying to choose the team it was evident that we are light on our feet and need a couple of midfielders. Preferrably I'd have King in the hole behind Waghorn with Knockaert on the bench because I don't feel that Knockaert is disciplined enough to stay wide enough. Drinkwater rested.

I agree with a lot of what you say here, but King in the hole doesn't work. I'd really like to see Knockaert given a 4 or 5 game run there.

Also, as much as I now think its time for us to look at 4-2-3-1, it's a long old day for a lone striker up against 3 centre backs. The key to playing against 3 at the back is to disorganise them and pull them out of position so you can exploit the channels.

When you also consider that preparation time is limited, trying a new formation away at a side 2nd in the league would be risky to say the least. So as much as I think that we should be looking to move to 4-2-3-1 very shortly, for Wednesday I think we should stick to 4-4-2:

Schmeichel

De Laet

Morgan

Moore

Schlupp

Knockaert

James

King

Marshall

Nugent

Waghorn

Subs: Logan, Whitbread, Drinkwater, Futacs, Vardy, Dyer, Wellens

This has got 'Leicester victory' written all over it. It's a bit weird that so many fans are predicting big Hull wins when we can't score for toffee and you've just battered Cardiff for 90 minutes.

A month or so ago we were 8 points behind you, and now we're 7 in front. There's no reason that your inevitable win against us won't be the start of another 15-point swing.

I think that Nigel is a very stubborn man who will no doubt refuse to strengthen your forward line in January and leave you with a team that does everything perfectly apart from the most important thing of all: scoring. Just like he did with us.

To the fan who said we're obsessed with him, I don't think that's true at all. His behaviour in-and-around the time he went back to you was very evasive and somewhat disrespectful to HCAFC and their fans. However, as I said last time I was on here in September, he did a decent job of steadying the ship after we were relegated from the top-flight, and for that reason I (a little begrudgingly) respect him.

Here's to a good game, lads.

This has got 'Leicester victory' written all over it. It's a bit weird that so many fans are predicting big Hull wins when we can't score for toffee and you've just battered Cardiff for 90 minutes.

A month or so ago we were 8 points behind you, and now we're 7 in front. There's no reason that your inevitable win against us won't be the start of another 15-point swing.

I think that Nigel is a very stubborn man who will no doubt refuse to strengthen your forward line in January and leave you with a team that does everything perfectly apart from the most important thing of all: scoring. Just like he did with us.

To the fan who said we're obsessed with him, I don't think that's true at all. His behaviour in-and-around the time he went back to you was very evasive and somewhat disrespectful to HCAFC and their fans. However, as I said last time I was on here in September, he did a decent job of steadying the ship after we were relegated from the top-flight, and for that reason I (a little begrudgingly) respect him.

Here's to a good game, lads.

Do you still have that really fat kid who sits next to the away fans in your singing block. Made me laugh last year

Aluko -best player in Champ but we have won all games since his injury.

Palace were crip against us so they may collapse quicker than yourselves.

Wolves are a long way back but I think it will be an interesting situation by the time you play them.

Infact their are a mass of clubs in your middle group so important not to lose your 2 away games.

I genuinely hope you stick with Nigel.

Wolves are a long way back but I think it will be an interesting situation by the time you play them.

Infact their are a mass of clubs in your middle group so important not to lose your 2 away games.

:yawn:

Obsessed

We were talking like we were guaranteed automatic promotion a few weeks ago, we're not anymore. I genuinley hope that you **** it up completely, you'd deserve it, we've already seen with both Nigel Pearson and Steve Bruce that you're fans are far too quick to condemn any new manager (though we're no saints in that department) and I believe it's part of the reason Nigel was so eager to leave your shitty little club, I imagine Steve Bruce would do the same given the oppertunity. You're clearly also too quick to judge players (Alex Bruce), you're frankly just not a very supportive fan base. You also seem unable to appreciate that Pearson constructed the squad you have now and was doing a very good job of getting you towards were you are now. Oh and none of you seem to care about club legend Nicky Barmby being shafted anymore. But apart from that you're not a bad set of fans and I genuinley hope Hobbs and Fryatt find a good home in the Premier League, with someone else.

Archived