Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Was it in? Yesterdays Game

From high up in SK4, I would say it was just in. The whole kop jumped up in celebration. Thousands of people cant be wrong...

Oh yes they can and often are, it's amazing what those blue tinted specs do to people's judgement.

Guest MattP

From high up in SK4, I would say it was just in. The whole kop jumped up in celebration. Thousands of people cant be wrong...

It's a decision that had an inch in it and those thousands are a long way behind it, they wouldn't be able to tell.

Had Huddersfield done exactly the same thing those thousands would be sat down, wouldn't say they were right not to give it.

It doesn't matter in the great scheme of things but how and why do officials give anything they don't actually see between them?

Are they not tutored in this?

If they don't see something they shouldn't give it. Simple.

And in cases of the whole of the ball crossing the line that's a suprisingly long way and the chance of making a mistake considerable. If a referee or linesman doesn't see it has crossed the line completely then the benefit of the doubt should go to the defence.

And this sounds so marginal that neither official could have been absolutely certain and certainly not the linesman. My life they find it hard enough to decide when the ball's gone right over the line for a throw-in.

It's really yet another example of the need for the goalline technology the authorities seem so reluctant to employ.

It's not an example of the need for goal line technology at all. I sit dead level with it and it was never in.

It was a simple decision for the officials and they made it.

I'm pro technology but let's not drag that debate in to every irrelevant incident.

Archived