Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
absolutelegend

Breaking Bad

I got it - it provided a bit of closure that Jessie didn't just lurch to another seedy situation.

They could have explained so much more, given some more depth to the story so I feel like that was a missed opportunity. It could've also examined the lives of Skyler and Marie a bit more, too. I'd kill to see some of that fallout.

34 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I got it - it provided a bit of closure that Jessie didn't just lurch to another seedy situation.

They could have explained so much more, given some more depth to the story so I feel like that was a missed opportunity. It could've also examined the lives of Skyler and Marie a bit more, too. I'd kill to see some of that fallout.

Good to know, thanks

:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Is there something wrong in what I've said? 

Nah, it’s my fault. I’m watching it later and didn’t want to know any hint about what happens. Shouldn’t have opened the thread really...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Nah, it’s my fault. I’m watching it later and didn’t want to know any hint about what happens. Shouldn’t have opened the thread really...

I've not revealed much. I'm sure you expected as much as I've said. The ending of BB was an allusion to a happier ending. 

Guest seanfox778
3 hours ago, stix said:

That was depressingly disappointing. I was obviously expecting way too much. Gutted. 

I felt the same. I don’t know what I was expecting but I didn’t quite feel satisfied with it, very slow paced.

5 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

I felt the same. I don’t know what I was expecting but I didn’t quite feel satisfied with it, very slow paced.

It’s was very similar pacing to BB and BCS, so I’m surprised to see that criticism levelled at it. 

I really enjoyed it, however i still feel a void now that it’s over. I can see why they did it the way they did but it felt a bit like a tease. Here is breaking bad again, and now it’s gone :(

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MattP said:

Really enjoyed it. 

When Walt opened the door in the hotel, wow. It had to be Alaska didn't it?? 

Don’t you think it left you wanting more though? I felt like nothing really happened. It felt like it should have been episode one of a new chapter. 

Enjoyed it and was so happy that Jessie finally gets some peace. Would have been nice to see what happens with Skyler etc but this leaves open another movie to see how that dynamic plays out.

Glad I was a late developer into BB- I watched it all when I've been on the sick and it's gotta be one of the best series ever( on par with line of duty!!!)

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If I can be arsed I'll have to watch this Breaking Bad thingy one day judging by the fuss that gets made over it.

Do it.

I was very sceptical at first but when you get into it,it's brilliant!

I thought El Camino was a bit shit.

It seemed like an overlong episode & a not very good one at that.  The storyline felt weak, given the number of years the writers have had to think about it.  Like they had one or two ideas & somehow managed to drag it out over 2 hours - with too much padding.  Nothing more than a money spinner for the producers.  I don't think it added anything to the Breaking Bad story.  Some things are just better left alone.

I wasn't quite sure about the western references either.  The Sergio Leone opening/closing credits?  The fast draw scene was ridiculous.

• Like 1

I enjoyed El Camino. I’d probably give it a good 7/10

I can only watch angry Americans for so long! 

**spoiler

I thought I’d totally missed something in the series about the Welding guy when him and Jesse parted at their cars/truck and he said “wondered how long it’d take you to recognise me”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

They could have told Todd to lose a bit of weight before filming. 

I thought I'd cut the guy some slack, as you never know, he might be ill, and that could be why he's gained weight, but I read now that he gained the weight for a film role. Well that's fine, plenty of actors do, and I get hes not a big star that's been the lead in numerous huge films, but this is meant to follow on from the last episode, and the guys gained about 4 stone. If one project can demand he gain it, surely another can demand he lose it.