Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
absolutelegend

Breaking Bad

1 hour ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

**spoiler

I thought I’d totally missed something in the series about the Welding guy when him and Jesse parted at their cars/truck and he said “wondered how long it’d take you to recognise me”

I wondered that as well.

33 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I thought I'd cut the guy some slack, as you never know, he might be ill, and that could be why he's gained weight, but I read now that he gained the weight for a film role. Well that's fine, plenty of actors do, and I get hes not a big star that's been the lead in numerous huge films, but this is meant to follow on from the last episode, and the guys gained about 4 stone. If one project can demand he gain it, surely another can demand he lose it.

I didn't think Todd was the only one who looked decidedly different.

Badger and skinny Pete both looked a lot older I thought and Jesse also looked like he'd piled on a few pounds (bit of a 'moon face' compared to the final series)

But I guess it was 6 years ago and all things considered they did a pretty good job I thought.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Badger and skinny Pete both looked a lot older I thought and Jesse also looked like he'd piled on a few pounds (bit of a 'moon face' compared to the final series)

But I guess it was 6 years ago and all things considered they did a pretty good job I thought.

Can't really help the aging thing though. Jesse might have gained a bit, but Todd was noticeable, I mean he had a pretty large gut. And it's not like he played a small role.

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Can't really help the aging thing though. Jesse might have gained a bit, but Todd was noticeable, I mean he had a pretty large gut. And it's not like he played a small role.

True. Fat bastard 

I thought it was ok, but nothing special.

I know it was always going to be about Jesse but the show really is all about Walter White for me, and Bryan Cranston. 

As others have said I also would have liked to have seen more of the fallout with Skyler and Marie, and I was disappointed that Saul wasn't in it either. 

I really miss Breaking Bad tho. I think it is probably the best TV show ever made

6 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

I thought it was ok, but nothing special.

I know it was always going to be about Jesse but the show really is all about Walter White for me, and Bryan Cranston. 

As others have said I also would have liked to have seen more of the fallout with Skyler and Marie, and I was disappointed that Saul wasn't in it either. 

I really miss Breaking Bad tho. I think it is probably the best TV show ever made

You wanted to see Skyler? you alright mate

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Izzy said:

Jesse being fat was ridiculous given he was supposed to have been living in a cage previously.

It was a fun little ride but felt a bit too much of a dick tease. As others have said it would have been interesting if they explored the other characters more. I kinda wish they just did another season and we follow Jesse as the main character. Sure they could make it interesting. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It was an unexpected bonus, I liked it. Only bit that I thought they could have made more of is what exactly happened to Todd and his uncle. Unless I missed something majorly obvious, I have been unwell this weekend so perhaps I nodded off.

The last episode deals with what happened to Todd and his uncle? 

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It was an unexpected bonus, I liked it. Only bit that I thought they could have made more of is what exactly happened to Todd and his uncle. Unless I missed something majorly obvious, I have been unwell this weekend so perhaps I nodded off.

Sounds like you missed the last episode of Breaking Bad lol

33 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The last episode deals with what happened to Todd and his uncle? 

28 minutes ago, MattP said:

Sounds like you missed the last episode of Breaking Bad lol

Hahahahahaa you know what, I think I am. I've just read an in depth synopsis and I don't remember any of it hahahahahaa. What another unexpected bonus, I get another BB fix to now watch

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

El Camino is sort of alright, if a bit flat at times. Still manages to tie up a couple of loose ends nicely.

It just shows returning to the same location up to 10 years later, some of these younger actors haven't aged well.

Pinkman, Todd - all a bit puffy. But that was evident towards the end of the original series already.

R.I.P. Robert Forster.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just finished re-watching the entire series. First time I have re-watched it since it aired as wanted to give it sufficient time. Must admit, lack of certain tension aside, I enjoyed it just as much the second time, what a series. I think the only marked difference was that I liked Walt a little less the second time. I know in some ways you still root for him, even right at the end, but I almost forgot just what a bad guy he is. He’s an insecure, pride fuelled little man. I mean I still love his character and the show but he’s a proper villain. Liked Jesse a lot he first time I watched it and even more then second, glad he got a happy(ish) ending. I felt more invested in the characters on second viewing right from the start.

On a side note, I remembered Saul’s role to be bigger. Maybe it’s because I’ve watched Better Call Saul but his character in Breaking Bad definitely a little light and caricaturist and not as likeable as I had remembered. Also, Mike still a legend and his death still hurt. What are people’s thoughts on Hank? I remember when it aired I started off hating him and by the end saw him as almost the hero of the show. Felt the same second time, seems a flawed but “decent” guy. 

Anyway, I feel lost now. Might rewatch The Wire for a 4th time? It’s been  while...... X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Just finished re-watching the entire series. First time I have re-watched it since it aired as wanted to give it sufficient time. Must admit, lack of certain tension aside, I enjoyed it just as much the second time, what a series. I think the only marked difference was that I liked Walt a little less the second time. I know on some ways you still root for him, even right at the end, but I almost forgot just what a bad guy he is. He’s an insecure, pride fuelled little man. I mean I still love his character and the show but he’s a proper villain. Liked Jesse a lot he first time I watched it and even more then second, glad he got a happy(ish) ending. I felt more invested in the characters on second viewing right from the start.

On a side note, I remembered Saul’s role to be bigger. Maybe it’s because I’ve watched Better Call Saul but his character in Breaking Bad definitely a little light and caricaturist and by as likeable as I had remembered. Also, Mike still a legend and his death still hurt. What are people’s thoughts on Hank? I remember when it aired I started off hating him and by the end saw him as almost the hero of the show. Felt the same second time, seems a flawed but “decent” guy. 

Anyway, I feel lost now. Might rewatch The Wire for a 4th time? It’s been  while...... X 

Sadly enough, I'm half way through watching the entire series again for the third time :D

It's just the best TV show ever IMO. This time around it's even more interesting having seen BCS since the last time I watched BB. 

I've just seen the episode in S3 where Hank got shot and I was thinking he's an absolute star of the show. I love his character to bits. 

Saul is so much different to how he is in his own series and Mike doesn't seem as moody/cold/fed up as he is in BCS.

Finally, I know Skyler is a pain in the ass - but what a great rack :wub:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Just finished re-watching the entire series. First time I have re-watched it since it aired as wanted to give it sufficient time. Must admit, lack of certain tension aside, I enjoyed it just as much the second time, what a series. I think the only marked difference was that I liked Walt a little less the second time. I know in some ways you still root for him, even right at the end, but I almost forgot just what a bad guy he is. He’s an insecure, pride fuelled little man. I mean I still love his character and the show but he’s a proper villain. Liked Jesse a lot he first time I watched it and even more then second, glad he got a happy(ish) ending. I felt more invested in the characters on second viewing right from the start.

On a side note, I remembered Saul’s role to be bigger. Maybe it’s because I’ve watched Better Call Saul but his character in Breaking Bad definitely a little light and caricaturist and not as likeable as I had remembered. Also, Mike still a legend and his death still hurt. What are people’s thoughts on Hank? I remember when it aired I started off hating him and by the end saw him as almost the hero of the show. Felt the same second time, seems a flawed but “decent” guy. 

I thought Todd was one of the most intriguing characters in BB

Couldn’t quite get over how much he’d let himself go by the time El Camino was filmed though 

And the production on BB and BCS is outstanding

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I thought Todd was one of the most intriguing characters in BB

Couldn’t quite get over how much he’d let himself go by the time El Camino was filmed though 

And the production on BB and BCS is outstanding

Yeah the production is amazing, I would say even better on BCS.  They are both just such perfect shows.  Different but equally amazing.  Breaking Bad probably just shades it as it came first and is a litte more "exciting" but I am fully obsessed with BCS too.  BCS also has mush better female characters.  Kim is one of the best things in the show, amazing character and it's a wee shame that, for whatever reason, the female characters in BB are, at best, not the strongest and, at worst, a bit annoying.  I feel sad that it's over, genuinely think I will start The Wire again as it's the only thing that is as good.

Yeah Todd is great, on the one hand is he pure evil but then on the other he's just devoid of feelings, almost childike.  I think in his head he is usually doing the right thing.  He seems to be driven by "what do I need to do to complete this task/reach this outome" and just does it.  Chilling.  There is a bit in the last couple of episdoes where the Nazis are watching Jesse's confession tape that Hank made and he calls Todd something like "that Opie, dead eyed freak" and Todd just ever so slightly smirks.  Amazing.

In hindsight, if I were forced to be critical I would say the only "problem" is that the final series was maybe rushed ever so slightly?  I feel that Todd, the nazis, Walt and Jesse's relationship, etc were maybe not given the space and breathing room of say Gus in the previous series.  I think maybe having two full seasons instead of one split into two parts it could have been fleshed out slightly but I am being super picky.  Just an almost perfect show.  And Mike, fvck me, what a legend.  X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah the production is amazing, I would say even better on BCS.  They are both just such perfect shows.  Different but equally amazing.  Breaking Bad probably just shades it as it came first and is a litte more "exciting" but I am fully obsessed with BCS too.  BCS also has mush better female characters.  Kim is one of the best things in the show, amazing character and it's a wee shame that, for whatever reason, the female characters in BB are, at best, not the strongest and, at worst, a bit annoying.  I feel sad that it's over, genuinely think I will start The Wire again as it's the only thing that is as good.

Yeah Todd is great, on the one hand is he pure evil but then on the other he's just devoid of feelings, almost childike.  I think in his head he is usually doing the right thing.  He seems to be driven by "what do I need to do to complete this task/reach this outome" and just does it.  Chilling.  There is a bit in the last couple of episdoes where the Nazis are watching Jesse's confession tape that Hank made and he calls Todd something like "that Opie, dead eyed freak" and Todd just ever so slightly smirks.  Amazing.

In hindsight, if I were forced to be critical I would say the only "problem" is that the final series was maybe rushed ever so slightly?  I feel that Todd, the nazis, Walt and Jesse's relationship, etc were maybe not given the space and breathing room of say Gus in the previous series.  I think maybe having two full seasons instead of one split into two parts it could have been fleshed out slightly but I am being super picky.  Just an almost perfect show.  And Mike, fvck me, what a legend.  X

Thanks Rumble. That’s very kind of you to say. 

Oh, Ehrmentraut, not Oxlong  :(

• Haha 1