Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Peterborough Post-Match Thread (2-1 away loss)

Listen to me you bunch of retards..... We`ve won 6 out of the last 5 games, are you not happy with that?

I swear that some of you would be pissed off with a 2 million quid lotto win because some bloke won 3 million the week before.

fkin kids....

Some of the opinions on here are just woeful. It's the Championship, there's a shock pretty much every week. We don't have a god-given right to win every week. In fact, as someone already mentioned, we're only 2nd because the likes of Hull have dropped silly points themselves.

Some of the opinions on here are just woeful. It's the Championship, there's a shock pretty much every week. We don't have a god-given right to win every week. In fact, as someone already mentioned, we're only 2nd because the likes of Hull have dropped silly points themselves.

We do have a right to an opinion.

Ad most people share the opinion that Waghorn and Vardy are useless. So quite understandable people are not happy with them even being on the pitch.

But it's not as if we're only just saying this now. We've been saying Waghorn and Vardy aren't good enough for a long time. It's just this week it contributed to us losing the game.

Ad most people share the opinion that Waghorn and Vardy are useless. So quite understandable people are not happy with them even being on the pitch.

Yeah the more opportunities they miss the more I feel they are no more than League One at best, can we rely on them to even be back up I don't think we can. Maybe get an experienced player in on loan who we can call upon to grab goals when Nugent or Wood aren't available.

Incredible, especially with the way we have been taking our chances this season. But one of those games I'm afraid and Peterborough did well

Yep Peterborough did do well, and I think they showed that spirit you need in this league, they've matched Hull and beat US and Cardiff this season. I think our away form is a concern though, is it good enough for autos? Like you say though it's just one of those games.

Disagree entirely. After we scored it coincided with our best period in the match where we could and should have killed it off.

But after that 5 min period we did turn off, and let them have space and time. We suddenly stopped the constant pressing which the midfield were doing so well.

Horrible to lose to a team at the bottom, but that's football. Yeah we were poor, but we we can't win every game. Don't understand why Vardy was taken off. He didn't score, but at least he was winning headers and trying. Futacs should have started, or at least come on, and James should have started ahead of King.

Last six games:

WWWWWL

I think most teams would kill to have that. Yes we were crap today; yes we always seem to be poor at Posh; yes Wood was out, but we are by no means a one man team. We were up there before we got Wood. I think everyone agreed that he was a great acquisition to the team at the right time. But we've still got what it takes to carry on as a team.

Put today behind us and lets look to the next game

We had that same kind of winning run earlier in the season too, and then picked up something like 12 points from the next 11 games.

We can not afford such a loss of form again if we are to have any chance of automatic promotion.

While of course we are not a one man team, we do lack the kind of quality up front that we need to replace Wood..

Waghorn or Vardy will not get us promoted, and if Wood is going to be out for 6 weeks it is crucial that we bring in another target man striker in on loan, to hopefully link up with Nuge, and help take some of the pressure off of him.

It is no surprise to me, that Nuge has looked so much better since Wood came in, and he had a proper striker to work with, who also scores a few goals.

Bringing another striker in capable of doing that will certainly not be easy, and i just hope that Steve Walsh has another gem up his sleeve.

On the subject of our upturn in form since Wood arrived, i think it is also no coincidence, that James came into the team at christmas, along side Drinkwater, and the midfield looked a lot stronger for it.

I`m really not convinced about a King and Drinkwater midfield, especially when we are in a physical game.

For me anyway, if James is fit, he should play ahead of King, so long as he keeps his form.

I suppose it could be that Futacs might be the ideal replacement for Wood of course, probably not, but it seems unlikely we will ever find out, because it looks as if Pearson doesn`t rate him enough to give him that chance.

God only knows what he sees in Vardy though, apart from someone who will not stop running, and try his best!

I`m sorry for Vardy, but his best is not championship level, in my opinion.

But it's not as if we're only just saying this now. We've been saying Waghorn and Vardy aren't good enough for a long time. It's just this week it contributed to us losing the game.

Yep, which is why quite a few were hoping we would bring in another striker during january (as well as wood), and send Vardy out on loan.

Poor first half. When we scored the goal, we should have killed the game off - Vardy had some chances. In a game against a team such as Peterborough we needed energy/pace and passion. I don't know why Matty James wasn't in the starting line up instead of King. Without him, it was left for Drinkwater to carry the load for the midfield. He was probably our man of the match. Defensively, we continue to be vulnerable down the flanks (De Laet and Konchesky). Keane's distribution was pooe. Big Wes was solid enough. We could have done with a bit of height of up front, so why didn't Futacs come on instead of Waghorn. Apart from his goal, Marshall seemed to playing a Gallagher sort of game - in other words ineffective and unable to tackle. Vardy struggles at this level and is not the striker to lead us to the premiership. Waggy seems to have lost his way.

We had that same kind of winning run earlier in the season too, and then picked up something like 12 points from the next 11 games.

We can not afford such a loss of form again if we are to have any chance of automatic promotion.

While of course we are not a one man team, we do lack the kind of quality up front that we need to replace Wood..

Waghorn or Vardy will not get us promoted, and if Wood is going to be out for 6 weeks it is crucial that we bring in another target man striker in on loan, to hopefully link up with Nuge, and help take some of the pressure off of him.

It is no surprise to me, that Nuge has looked so much better since Wood came in, and he had a proper striker to work with, who also scores a few goals.

Bringing another striker in capable of doing that will certainly not be easy, and i just hope that Steve Walsh has another gem up his sleeve.

On the subject of our upturn in form since Wood arrived, i think it is also no coincidence, that James came into the team at christmas, along side Drinkwater, and the midfield looked a lot stronger for it.

I`m really not convinced about a King and Drinkwater midfield, especially when we are in a physical game.

For me anyway, if James is fit, he should play ahead of King, so long as he keeps his form.

I suppose it could be that Futacs might be the ideal replacement for Wood of course, probably not, but it seems unlikely we will ever find out, because it looks as if Pearson doesn`t rate him enough to give him that chance.

God only knows what he sees in Vardy though, apart from someone who will not stop running, and try his best!

I`m sorry for Vardy, but his best is not championship level, in my opinion.

Pretty much agree with all of that.

Pearson obviously doesn't rate Futacs otherwise he'd get a game. For me, whomever was to start should have been thinking along the lines of "now's my chance to prove to the gaffa why he should at least be thinking of starting me over Wood or Nuge" nobody has a divine right to start a game. It's up to the players to give Pearson a headache over selection.

Plainly Futacs doesn't impress Pearson, hence him not being selected, that leaves Vardy and Waggy as Schlupp is at Man Utd. Neither of which are the perfect strike partners for Nuge (I agree that Wood is a strikers striker and Nuge has relished having a proper strike partner), having said that, that's all we had at the start of the season and we didn't do too bad then did we?

Can someone please tell me why we bought Futacs?

I'd like to know that.

Peterborough are such irritating little shits.

Damn right.

There is games where Wood and Nugent will not feature, through injury or suspension.

So of course we have to deal with our other options, those being Vardy and Waghorn.

Surely Futacs should be an option too.

We had enough chances to win.

Very disappointing that we did not close the game out before the equaliser.

While Vardy and Waghorn missed chances so did Nuge, Knocky and others.

Ultimately we lacked quality in front of goal ,as we have most of the season away.

Still 16 games to go but if we are to avoid the play offs we need to convert more chances.

Best decision I have made all season not to go to this game. Even the mecury were lapping it up, 5000 traveling to this.

I cant remember a good game there and never enjoyed it, we always lose and we have this big city syndrome that we can take over London road, but every time we come away embarrassed.

Can't stand all the gloom though, winning runs come to an end, and lets see what pearsons reply will be next game, he be annoyed as much as anyone.

Real shame Cardiff on Tuesday was cancelled as I really think this would have been the perfect game to go into.

I agree regarding Waghorn and Vardy, apart from calling them "useless cvnts". It's the feeling of rock-bottom from fans that wind me up, as well as the few that are unable to fathom a defeat at Peterborough. In fairness, this board isn't half as bad as the callers to RL.

Archived