Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Peterborough Post-Match Thread (2-1 away loss)

Last six games:

WWWWWL

I think most teams would kill to have that. Yes we were crap today; yes we always seem to be poor at Posh; yes Wood was out, but we are by no means a one man team. We were up there before we got Wood. I think everyone agreed that he was a great acquisition to the team at the right time. But we've still got what it takes to carry on as a team.

Put today behind us and lets look to the next game

Wake up call for the players, just proves nothing is plain sailing, despite facing the team bottom of the league.

It may look embarrassing, but they have beaten Hull, Cardiff and now us this season. They have always been capable of beating the big teams, and they have done it again.

No excuses today, it just goes to show that our team still isn't perfect, our back-up especially up front is not good enough.

how many chances did Vardy and Waghorn waste today? not to mention the hold up play he brings to the team.

That's 2 out of 11 players. Have you already forgot the 14 Nuge has bagged?

Shouldn't have to rely on other teams when we have that opportunity. So frustrating.

It is frustrating but we were going to slip up sometime, just like Watford and Palace have recently Hull will also lose a game believe it or not. Just need to bounce back from this and get back to winning ways against Charlton.

Last six games:

WWWWWL

I think most teams would kill to have that. Yes we were crap today; yes we always seem to be poor at Posh; yes Wood was out, but we are by no means a one man team. We were up there before we got Wood. I think everyone agreed that he was a great acquisition to the team at the right time. But we've still got what it takes to carry on as a team.

Put today behind us and lets look to the next game

That's the real shitter. We've won 5 in a row and we'll probably end up being 3rd tonight. Fvcking annoying.

The last time a good unbeaten run ended we had relegation form for the next month. We really can't afford that now, next game is a must win.

Bottom of the league Peterborough would've certainly been up for this. They've got good attacking potential and wanted to fight for their lives today. They tend to take it up a notch when it's against the giants of the league, too. I saw this coming. First time we've lost in a winning position as well this season.

That's the real shitter. We've won 5 in a row and we'll probably end up being 3rd tonight. Fvcking annoying.

The last time a good unbeaten run ended we had relegation form for the next month. We really can't afford that now, next game is a must win.

All remaining 16 games are potentially must-win fixtures.

Win some you lose some, it was a disappointment but Peterborough deserved today, they pressed in all of the right places to get the victory.

And I hope the Pearson slammers stay off the phones we've been unbeaten so far in 2013, this is just a minor blip!

Onwards and upwards!

Perspective:

we are only in this position because in recent weeks Watford have lost to Bristol City, Boro lost to Ipswich, Palace have lost to Huddersfield, Hull drew with Posh and lost to Wednesday.

It is our first loss of the year.

Yes it is frustrating, and nobody is happy with the result, but these things happen, the test now is to start another winning run.

Archived