Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Peterborough Post-Match Thread (2-1 away loss)

"Tell you one thing, reading this thread, you'd never guess who's team is relegation fodder and which team had a 5 win streak. Vardy has not been playing well yes that is true, however he did do well for us early on. Waghorn was doing fine before he got ill and then Wood came in. I refuse to believe that these two players are suddenly sh*t when they evidently have had good moments for us. As for this game, yes we haven't played well today, but those two players are not the sole reason as to why we lost today, the midfield needed to have a better presence and the defence should be solid (which it has been usually). This is not just one players doing, the team collectively needs to sort it out. As for it being same old Leicester, this really hasn't been the case this season has it? Peterborough are obviously better at home and raise their game against the top teams. There's still plenty more games to go and points to win and I'm confident that Nigel will sort things out." Just thought i'd copy it into this thread too as some comments are really annoying me on here too.

That's the real shitter. We've won 5 in a row and we'll probably end up being 3rd tonight. Fvcking annoying.

The last time a good unbeaten run ended we had relegation form for the next month. We really can't afford that now, next game is a must win.

Very annoying, and you're spot on. At this time of the season, it's crucial to play as a team, grind the results out.

It's not the fault of one player today it's the fault of the team. End of.

Perspective:

we are only in this position because in recent weeks Watford have lost to Bristol City, Boro lost to Ipswich, Palace have lost to Huddersfield, Hull drew with Posh and lost to Wednesday.

It is our first loss of the year.

Yes it is frustrating, and nobody is happy with the result, but these things happen, the test now is to start another winning run.

Take your perspective somewhere it's appreciated!! ;)

Perspective:

we are only in this position because in recent weeks Watford have lost to Bristol City, Boro lost to Ipswich, Palace have lost to Huddersfield, Hull drew with Posh and lost to Wednesday.

Yes it is frustrating, and nobody is happy with the result, but these things happen, the test now is to start another winning run.

Stop talking sense and over react will you! ;)

Season is not over, we just played shit. Our previous 5 results have shown what we can do. We massively missed Wood today but we all knew that could happen if he got injured. Need to take our chances earlier on rather than spurning them and then defend for our lives. Lost concentration and it cost us. Time to pick ourselves up and move on.

Perspective:

Yeah, these things do happen, and to be fair I don't think anyone expects us to go the year without losing a game. It's just Hull being right on our tail that makes it so tense. I don't have faith in us winning the play-offs, so I feel automatics are a must.

Come on Brighton!

Peterborough are such irritating little shits.

Suspected we'd play crap and get beaten as soon as I saw that Vardy and King were playing. If there's ever been two players whose recent performances don't warrant a place in the starting line up, it is those two.

If we're going to get automatic promotion we need to pick ourselves up and improve our game post ****ing haste. Can't see it happening though. We're destined for the play offs.

Waghorn and vardy are league one strikers....not good enough. Need another striker in on loan to back nugent and wood up for days like today

I would like to see a Championship team that can accommodate four Championship level strikers and to keep them happy all at same time. Only team that can claim to have four strikers of similar ability is Forest and they play three of them at same time.

I would like to see a Championship team that can accommodate four Championship level strikers and to keep them happy all at same time. Only team that can claim to have four strikers of similar ability is Forest and they play three of them at same time.

Three would be nice though! We only have Nugent and Wood....

We also can't rely on Chris Wood all the time.

We missed Wood

When is Wood coming back

Wood would be taking these chances

I wish people who say that would shut up, twitter is filled up with comments like that.

At the end of the day, we can't rely on one man, people saying we are not a one man team, yet the way people bang on about Wood you would think otherwise.

We have 11 players, not 1, so get that into your paranoid heads.

I'm sure there is somebody we can bring in on loan if Wood is out for a while. Waghorn or Vardy coming off the bench is one thing, starting them is another.

We also can't rely on Chris Wood all the time.

We missed Wood

When is Wood coming back

Wood would be taking these chances

I wish people who say that would shut up, twitter is filled up with comments like that.

At the end of the day, we can't rely on one man, people saying we are not a one man team, yet the way people bang on about Wood you would think otherwise.

We have 11 players, not 1, so get that into your paranoid heads.

Correct, we CANT rely on one player. But we also cannot rely on Vardy and Waghorn either to score goals when Nuge or Wood are injured! Its been proven again and again that they just aren't up to it, aside from maybe one good game in ten. Outside of Wood and Nugent we've got a massive drop in quality to the next strikers.

Archived