Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Peterborough Post-Match Thread (2-1 away loss)

Waghorn and Vardy still getting into the side and we've loaned out Schlupp to Man Utd cos he couldnt get in our side. Strange.

And Schlupp is playing left back for them as he's been no better than them as a striker... So what's your point?

We need Wood and James back ASAP.

We've beaten teams without them all year. With or without them we have been and should have been good enough to beat them.

Yes with our best players in the team it may have been an easier task, but this scapegoating of one or two players is pathetic.

The team is to blame today.

I know many on her work when 'under the weather'

That's very different to playing League football.

Players who are not match fit should not start but could be on the bench.

Every club now have sophisticated fitness and sports science testing.

Pearson and his staff see these players daily.

Unless Wood,James or any other player can perform at their best for 90 mins.why should they start?

Positives

• We're still second.
  • Morgan is consistently quality.
  • Support was excellent in patches.

Negatives

• Outmuscled in midfield.
  • A host of missed opportunities up front.
  • Knockaert had a rare day of anonymity.
  • Smoke bomb fvcking stunk.

How many more times is Waghorn gonna sky a shot from 6 yards out? Pathetic.

We all laughed in the warm up when 3 of his shots injured someone at the back of the stand and a 4th one smashed a cars windscreen in the car park but then wonder why he misses from inside the 6 yard box

Simply answer - he is not a goalscorer and never will be

So what do you suggest?

Pearsons the manager not me, but I would like to think Pearson knows we need a loan signing or two. We have to great strikers and the others are below avarage and no beef in the midfield will cost us automatic I think James can do the job but he never got his chance today.

Rubbish, only word for it. Barely threatened in the first half, could hardly get a move going, improved after the break for 15 minutes, didn't kill it off and were hit again.

What an opportunity wasted given the results around us, but we were second best and didn't deserve to win. Morgan was strong, the full-backs mixed, midfield didn't control their area and Vardy was hardly involved. Nugent needed Wood next to him. Marshall showed some nice touches. But it wasn't good enough and it's three points dropped from a game you'd expect to win.

Support was ok, loud in places, but quite uncomfortable given how many turned up after the kick-off to crowd in one area rather than spread out.

All-in-all, another crap trip to Peterborough.

Pearsons the manager not me, but I would like to think Pearson knows we need a loan signing or two. We have to great strikers and the others are below avarage and no beef in the midfield will cost us automatic I think James can do the job but he never got his chance today.

And if there is no money?

Expected to see knee jerk reactions when reading this. Obviously very annoyed to have lost to bottom of the table. Angers me how they always up their game massively for us. To blame one player for today is, however, ludicrous. Yes, Waggy should have scored. I was as bemused as most when he blasted it over from 6 ******* yards!!! But, Vardy is too much of a scapegoat. Wish he'd got a toe on that cross. The midfield lost it today. De Laet had a shocker. Nuge was hardly his best. My point is it's a team game: the TEAM weren't good enough. Rant over, and onto the next one. Let's all cheer up please. We are second!

Peterborough raised their game and we dropped ours a level.

If we'd capitalised on our goal we'd have got home fairly comfortably, but we didn't and let them get back in charge.

Oh yes, the referee can have some criticism. Useless and inconsistent.

Peterborough raised their game and we dropped ours a level.

If we'd capitalised on our goal we'd have got home fairly comfortably, but we didn't and let them get back in charge.

Oh yes, the referee can have some criticism. Useless and inconsistent.

Agree with everything there.

They dragged us down to their level early doors and then raised their game, we came out like scalded cats for the first few minutes of the second half and then turned to shit after the goal.

The referee was abysmal today but you can't just blame the officials after that. We had several chances to add to our tally and failed to take them, if we had the refereeing would have been a sidenote.

When I heard Wood was out my confidence just went.

Vardy and Waghorn again show themselves to be not good enough.

This.

I posted last night that my optimism had disappeared when I heard Wood was out.

To be fair most of the team were garbage today, however we still should have had a

point had Waggy managed to score from 4 yards, unfortunately he leaned back like

a pub player.

I'm not one for slagging off our own players, but here goes. If we carry on with only

2 quality strikers (1 now injured) we will not finish in the top 2

Archived