Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Worst 'full' debut ever?

Before I get lumped in the moron bag, this is not a scape goating exercise (we were rank bad from front to back), this is not an attack on HRH Nigel Pearson, this is not a we're never getting promotion thread but a genuine question.

Has there been a worse full debut than Futacs in all the years you've been going down?

There may well have been worse players (Welsch, Low, Lewis etc) but a worse full debut?

Before I get lumped in the moron bag, this is not a scape goating exercise (we were rank bad from front to back), this is not an attack on HRH Nigel Pearson, this is not a we're never getting promotion thread but a genuine question.

Has there been a worse full debut than Futacs in all the years you've been going down?

There may well have been worse players (Welsch, Low, Lewis etc) but a worse full debut?

For the record Junior Lewis was excellent on his debut. Sadly it all went rapidly downhill from there. :(:ph34r:

For the record Junior Lewis was excellent on his debut. Sadly it all went rapidly downhill from there. :(:ph34r:

For some reason I thought junior lewis was on loan initially (maybe a short term contract) then when he got a deal he was garbage, or is my memory of this period a wash with to much beer?

Jimmy Willis - seem to remember he had a nightmare and was subbed at halftime, he was subsequently loaned out before coming back and helping us to promotion and in particular a huge performance in the playoff final.

Brian Carey had some shockers too, not sure it was his début but in a 4-1 defeat away at Notts County he was awful & booed by lcfc fans throughout... and the cheers from the huge away following when he got red carded were extremely loud.

When was Akinbiyi's full debut cos I'm willing to bet he was worse than Futacs in it.

Akinbiyi's debut was against Villa I think, he was bad (the ball bounced off him too) but he wasn't as bad as Futacs. I can remember sitting watching MOTD as they tried to kindly break it to Lineker (who already knew) that Akinbiyi would take 'time' to adjust.

Lewis was on loan. As an exile at Uni during that season I can recall reading in the press (via the Fox) that they thought, and I am not making this up, that Lewis 'could' be a real gem and might be in line for an England call up. Think that was in the Mirror.

Akinbiyi's debut was against Villa I think, he was bad (the ball bounced off him too) but he wasn't as bad as Futacs. I can remember sitting watching MOTD as they tried to kindly break it to Lineker (who already knew) that Akinbiyi would take 'time' to adjust.

Lewis was on loan. As an exile at Uni during that season I can recall reading in the press (via the Fox) that they thought, and I am not making this up, that Lewis 'could' be a real gem and might be in line for an England call up. Think that was in the Mirror.

Correct this was presumably because of Tater Peeler's England connections at the time when he had been part of the coaching set up.

I remember the anxiety before the Wycombe FA cup game as Lewis had been injured and might not be fit to play :P

Jimmy Willis - seem to remember he had a nightmare and was subbed at halftime, he was subsequently loaned out before coming back and helping us to promotion and in particular a huge performance in the playoff final.

Brian Carey had some shockers too, not sure it was his début but in a 4-1 defeat away at Notts County he was awful & booed by lcfc fans throughout... and the cheers from the huge away following when he got red carded were extremely loud.

hard to believe that someone in the Manchester United scouting system ran the rule over him and dfecided he could make it as a pro footballer - no wonder he came to city

No me!

I put a header over from a yard on mine.it was nearly impossible to miss but I did it!

Yes I know you meant pros!

I bagged a brace in a mini pre season tournament then scored from 20 yards for my other team 5 mins after coming on. I had such a bright future in the game :ph34r:

Actually, Lineker's was the worst I've seen. Big Jock was blooding the kids and he was a scrawny 16 year old (?) Who looked like he'd got frost-bite. Never touched the ball as a right winger and disappeared at half-time. Presumably to be defrosted.

Archived