Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Worst 'full' debut ever?

I've just been reminded on another board. Kalac.

I'd almost wiped that from my memory.

Was gonna mention Spider, but there is another keeper who springs to mind....Mark Grew. He had a shocker, 0-4 at home to Notts County, first match of the season. Dont think he lasted long after that.

Yuki Abe v Cardiff was abysmal. He was only on for the last 10 minutes but was terrible. Luckily he picked up after that.

Aren't you thinking of his west brom game in the cup? He summed up his performance that night with a ridiculous foul throw lol

That Moreno was pretty poor in his first game. Particularly as we'd beaten Fulham to his signature... :rolleyes:

To be fair to him, I don't think we ever saw him in his preferred position, he was supposed to be a holding midfielder.

Dion Dublins got to be up there, did nothing all game vs West Ham apart from nut Rufus Brevett and get sent off, most overrated signing we ever made.

Was just about to say him. Can't believe people were applauding him off the pitch. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I will tell his brothers about what you have said ;)

Ooh, say hello to Eddie for me! :blush:

Dion Dublins got to be up there, did nothing all game vs West Ham apart from nut Rufus Brevett and get sent off, most overrated signing we ever made.

That was about 10 mins in as well wasn't it? He was crap here yeah - came for the £, nothing else.

I actually watched the 95/96 season tape last night. Kalac's first 2 games for us were horrible. I think only one of the goals he let in couldn't really be his fault. The other 5 (I think) were absolute howlers on his behalf. Then Poole went and got man of the match in the next game!

All of the players i'd name have been named so i'll go for a couple that couldn't have been much worse from the point of view of the player. Martin Hodge - was having a brilliant debut until he ripped a muscle in his abdomen. He was never the same keeper after that. Marc North - was playing well and scored with a nice header. Very good debut until he landed from the header and broke his leg

Ricardo's debut was at Derby, where he hardly touched the ball.

He played as sweeper for the first half (and was awesome) - as we looked the best side to ever play a game of football anywhere in the world, ever.

Flapped like mutha in the second half though when Derby realised they could tackle & get stuck in.

Archived