Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City get £640,000 for live TV coverage.

Surprised by two things. One that away sides get nothing and two how little the fee is. Going on an average £25 ticket, that's equivalent to 3,200 fans, which I imagine on average more than that won't show up if it's a televised week night game.

Benji....which school did you go to? It equates to an extra 25600 extra fans at £25 a ticket!

He's saying per game.

Surprised by two things. One that away sides get nothing and two how little the fee is. Going on an average £25 ticket, that's equivalent to 3,200 fans, which I imagine on average more than that won't show up if it's a televised week night game.

Benji....which school did you go to? It equates to an extra 25600 extra fans at £25 a ticket!

Per game

They point out that each club in the division receives £80,000 for every home league game that is selected.

This means that City will have been paid £640,000 by the time cameras arrive at the King Power Stadium for their Friday clash with Watford on April 26, their final home game.

We lose an average of 2000 fans per televised game and as someone has pointed out the fee covers over 3000 so were not doing too bad out if it, although like most fans I would prefer it if we were not on tv as much etc etc

We also have no stats on how many of those stay away fans are season ticket holders choosing not to go and staying at home or in the pub, for example the boro game which was a bit of a shambles the 8k is at least 6k worth of season ticket holder not getting to the game, but the club don't care as that money is already sat in the bank.

Plus what people forget is things such as the advertising boards, now we are trailing electronic must boost club income, how much extra do you think pukka pies paid to be illuminated around the world, they do it at all the england away games.

It's sad that some fans genuinely will be happy to see our games moved for this.

I bet Wolves would've brought a good 2,000+, Birmingham too actually and they'll bring no-one now.

It might cost more in the long run if they lose a couple of thousand season ticket holders next season, it's a big gamble to rely on the loyalty of fans, if we don't get promoted, and we are on sky as much as this season, for me it would be financially better for me to watch 9 home games on sky, and attend the remaining games. But I for one love watching my club, and the match day experience, so like a sucker I will renew, but I do know alot that won't as they have missed so many games due to the changes for sky, and unable to attend due to work commitments. And then we claim to be a family club but do want to take young kids on a school night and not get them home past 11 o'clock. Sadly money talks and all the points will not matter

As the PL gets massively increased deals from broadcasters the world over... the new football league deal is dreadful.

Still, if attendances only suffer by an average of 2,000 and the money works out at 3,000 it's extra money for the club not to mention sponsorship opportunities.

Just sucks it's been so many times this season.

Could someone tell me what our other TV midweek game was, I've got Wolves, Blackburn(?) and Boro at the moment.

I don't think Blackburn was on TV.

Birmingham will be the next one in a few weeks time. Then Watford.

I've been playing with numbers for the past half hour and came up with this, shows our attendance drops by over 2,000 for a TV game.

tumblr_mk0wfwdJzY1rx0g0oo1_500.png

I get the feeling I might have made a mistake in there somewhere about which games are on TV. Someone correct me if I have. Might do another one of these a the end of the season so we get a more complete view of how TV affects attendance.

I've been playing with numbers for the past half hour and came up with this, shows our attendance drops by over 2,000 for a TV game.

I get the feeling I might have made a mistake in there somewhere about which games are on TV. Someone correct me if I have. Might do another one of these a the end of the season so we get a more complete view of how TV affects attendance.

Err they worked that out in the article

This so-called 'facility fee' is to cover any expenses the club may incur when staging a live televised game, including compensation for any loss of ticket sales.

The average attendance in all seven of City's home Championshipicon1.png games played at 3pm on a Saturday is 23,476.

By contrast, the average for home games shown on Sky Sportsicon1.png – excluding the snow-hit Middlesbrough game – is 21,451.

Read more: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-18479855-detail/story.html?#ixzz2OCUHm21A

Follow us: @thisisleics on Twitter | thisisleicestershire on Facebook

Hull was moved for Rugby, and wasn't on $ky.

Archived