Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

End Of Season Awards: Cast Your Vote!

Player of the year: Wes

Young player: I should've gone for Keane but I picked Knocky

Goal of the year: Knocky away at Huddlesfield, I'm not sure which one I'm voting for but both were amazing

It doesn't specify which Knockaert away at Huddersfield goal it is - his 1st or 2nd?!

Player of the Season - Wes Morgan - been absolutely pivotal in helping us get the 2nd highest amount of clean sheets (honourable mention to Kasper, too) and best defence in the league. He's a rock, puts his body on the line virtually all and every game and is a big, solid, mountainous presence at the back which is what all successful defences should require. Not only that, he also has been a wonderful mentor for Michael Keane - anyone see Whitbread or SSL do the same job as Morgan in this respect? A great captain for the club and has put tons of impressive performances in too considering he came from a rival club (not to say he would have played shit to spite us!)

Goal of the Season - David Nugent vs Nottm Forest - I suspect a lot of people will go for Knockaert's goal(s) vs Huddersfield. I'm not choosing this just to be different, but I actually appreciate the exquisite amount of perfection in the touch and finish needed by Nugent. To lob the keeper in the area, with the goalie also inside his 6-yard area, is nothing short of special. Weighted perfectly, and 100% meant it. No fluke about it.

Young Player of the Season - Michael Keane - tough between Keane and Knockaert, but opted for the former because of how much he's improved and helped out in our defence, too. Suppose a lot of thanks also pass on to Morgan, too, as he's aided Keane's improvement a hell of a lot. If there's 1 signing I hope Pearson makes (if he stays) is to sign Keane up at all costs.

Went for: Schmeichel-Made some brilliant saves this year and has been inspirational to a lot of the players.

Knocky vs Udders (a) not sure which one but both were quality

James-Think he's been a real unsung hero whilst playing this season, notice how our bad run of form coincided with his injury.

The Knockaert goal is his second

Watching that left me thinking where did it all go wrong, so many great goals, cracking performances, brilliant wins, and absolute drubbings.

*Sigh*

Oh well, I'm guessing they have released the nominations for goal of the season early as they don't expect us to score any more between now and the end of the season... :ph34r:

Archived