Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

Watford 'Surprise'

Guest MattP

People won't sing but they're against the idea of getting help in creating at atmosphere? :S

Depends what you class as atmosphere, I class it as what I've just seen the Dortmund fans create.

I don't really see it as someone sticking a DVD on my seat or a flag smaller than a A4 piece of paper.

Each to their own though.

Its the

The volunteers will play an important role in the surprise and help support the team in an exciting, one-off way

that makes me think it has to be more than some cheapy shitting t-shirt. I think the piece of paper thing is about on the money. Probably get the crowd to do a mexican wave or something using it. Tbf, would probably look quite cool if each section had either blue or white so obviously the colour constantly changed as it went round

It could be T-shirts, but with blue and white in each block to create the effect of turning the stand itself blue and white.

It's been done before at Highbury and even by Huddersfield for the play-off final at Old Trafford a couple of years back.

fans_last-day_highbury.jpg

2433411_feb3cfad.jpg

Guest MattP

what would you do if they hid 500 forest tickets in and around the ground for a treasure hunt.

Assume Kev Barclay had been given the sack.

It could be T-shirts, but with blue and white in each block to create the effect of turning the stand itself blue and white.

It's been done before at Highbury and even by Huddersfield for the play-off final at Old Trafford a couple of years back.

2433411_feb3cfad.jpg

Shame that it won't be a sell out then as there will be some big gaps all over the ground.

Depends what you class as atmosphere, I class it as what I've just seen the Dortmund fans create.

I don't really see it as someone sticking a DVD on my seat or a flag smaller than a A4 piece of paper.

Each to their own though.

If we managed to create the atmosphere that Dortmund do then I'd see your point.

Don't get me wrong, I'd fucking love to see a stand of flags waving away or one of these beauties rising up from the Kop:

iUZSpxMA7iqHP.gif

...but when is that ever going to happen? I've never been one to bang on about atmosphere, but we never really have a large collective of fans that are actually willing to do something about it. Not even something as simple as that Champions League trophy graphic with placards.

Guest MattP

...but when is that ever going to happen? I've never been one to bang on about atmosphere, but we never really have a large collective of fans that are actually willing to do something about it. Not even something as simple as that Champions League trophy graphic with placards.

It's the fact the club actively discourages it that pisses me off, Out of the 5-6 of us that go most weeks to football we have all been ejected or threatened with it for doing no more than standing and singing over the last ten years at some point.

Try to create it they wil silence you.

Try to bring a flag in they will take it off you.

It's the fact the club actively discourages it that pisses me off, Out of the 5-6 of us that go most weeks to football we have all been ejected or threatened with it for doing no more than standing and singing over the last ten years at some point.

Try to create it they wil silence you.

Try to bring a flag in they will take it off you.

They can't eject a whole stand. :thumbup:

They can't eject a whole stand. :thumbup:

I don't think he's making excuses, he's saying that the club's motivations are different to ours.

Just because they say they're trying to improve the atmosphere, doesn't mean they actually are. Their idea of an atmosphere is not the same as mine. They want a family friendly atmosphere and actively discourage a raucous and intimidating one.

That is why people are not kissing their arses for what will most likely be something tacky, family friendly and pretty meaningless when you consider that the ground won't be full and the singing section we used to have is a shadow of it's former self these days.

Jesus people, lets atleast wait until we know what it is before people start slamming and slating the club. They must honestly wonder why they bother sometimes. Doesnt matter what they try and do for the fans, they are always moaned at for it.

Will the ground be anywhere near full for this crucial game? No, because the powers that be have decided to up the prices to make it unattractive enough to stay away.

The total lack of flexibility on pricing, the crushing of the atmosphere, the determination to put families above all else, but it's ok, we'll have this little gesture and everything is fine.

I don't really have an issue with these gimmicks, they are harmless, but in context, it's not all that great if plenty of people aren't going to be there to see it or take part.

2433411_feb3cfad.jpg

I remember when i went to england mexico at wembley and they did something similar

it worked well they could make it into a fox or something only on a sold out stand but i would be for something like this

post-18400-0-91050100-1366841593_thumb.j

2433411_feb3cfad.jpg

Wouldn't be against that but it'll look ridiculous if we do it in a non sold out game.

Assume Kev Barclay had been given the sack.

lol

Archived