Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harry - LCFC

Watford 'Surprise'

My mate and his wife are going down and then coming pub afterwards so I will find out in time to decide if I walk in at my usual time of 30 seconds prior to kick off or arrive early for our special treat.

Putting up a small stage for Kasabian to play Fire as the teams walk on the pitch, then take it down in time for the game to start.

Thought something like this, in Tom Meighan's post match build up on Player there was too much interest in L.S.F

Putting up a small stage for Kasabian to play Fire as the teams walk on the pitch, then take it down in time for the game to start.

I hate songs played after scoring, but at least some (chelsea dagger, palace + blackpool song) offer a chance of fan involvement.

Playing Kasabian - Fire, does nothing but kill the atmosphere

While whatever it is may well be forced and tacky, what have our fans done recently to improve the atmosphere by themselves? Can't fault the club for trying...

Yes you can, if you consider (as I do) that their 'effort' is actually counter-productive.

The general opinion on here seems to be these these attempts to 'create' atmosphere are perhaps ineffective but basically harmless. But have you considered the possibility that their tactics (however well-intentioned) are actually inimical to the stated objective?

As far as I can see, this persistent obsession with families (coupled with the price structure) are contributing factors to the decline in atmosphere.

Unless the club can find/employ someone who seems to have a reasonable idea of how atmosphere is actually generated at football matches, then yes...I would rather they made no effort at all.

Guest MattP

Do they even need to put cones down anymore? By the end of last years effort they may as well have been jogging around the centre circle.

They did say slightly physical and light lifting involved. That has holding a bucket of money written all over it :whistle: Only a matter of time before someone lets the cat out the bag and leaks this "surprise".

Archived