Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Daily Slug says Lennon & Huges in frame.

If I was Nigel personally, i think he should resign and that will test the board's loyalty to him. If they accept it straight away then it's clear they we're going to get rid of him anyway or if they question his resignation then maybe Nigel will stay. 

If I was Nigel personally, i think he should resign and that will test the board's loyalty to him. If they accept it straight away then it's clear they we're going to get rid of him anyway or if they question his resignation then maybe Nigel will stay. 

He's allegedly been assured of keeping his job, he wants to stay, so he should resign in the hope the club, who've said they want to keep him, keep him?

Love to see some of the Nigel bum lickers on here if they do the right thing and get rid of him. :D

Precisely the kind of cvntish attitude that frustrates me so much about you and the Pearson Out brigade. Trying to belittle the people who have done nothing but invest faith and belief into the team and manager, one who has already done a lot for our Club and may well be able to do a lot more. Absolutely pathetic.

Somebody told me an hour ago that Pearson had resigned, not that I believe it. 

The only people who know the truth are the owners and I'm not sure they've made their minds up yet.

This is hypothetical on my part but could we be waiting for Lennon?

Once he has finished his Cup Final with Celtic and then soon after is announced the new City manager?

Realistically isn't going to happen but we can imagine it would.

Love to see some of the Nigel bum lickers on here if they do the right thing and get rid of him. :D

Much rather put faith in a manager than be a negative fool like you and complain about everything.

victor-meldrew.jpg

This is hypothetical on my part but could we be waiting for Lennon?

Once he has finished his Cup Final with Celtic and then soon after is announced the new City manager?

Realistically isn't going to happen but we can imagine it would.

I wonder if there is a target out there that we want , who is holding out to see what prem jobs become available.... which would explain why Stringer has said that Pearson has the Job ' for now'

Well to be fair effectively he failed last season as the remit was to get us promoted, no wonder there is speculation, wether we agree with it or not

That is common folklore, but where have you actually seen where the Thais have stated this?

Pearson's remit clearly included reducing costs, which he is in the process of doing, but which needs to be continued.  When he got the job he must have impressed upon the Thais that his method of teambuilding was a gradual one;  again, he has started this, but it has some way to go. 

Taking all these into account, I can't see that the Thais would have insisted on promotion this season (desirable, yes;  but not essential).  Nor do I see that Pearson will have "failed", in their eyes.  By sticking with Pearson they can be sure that the cost reductions will continue, and they should also be able to see that the young squad assembled by Pearson should, as a result of learning from their experiences this season, improve significantly next year.

That is common folklore, but where have you actually seen where the Thais have stated this?

Pearson's remit clearly included reducing costs, which he is in the process of doing, but which needs to be continued.  When he got the job he must have impressed upon the Thais that his method of teambuilding was a gradual one;  again, he has started this, but it has some way to go. 

Taking all these into account, I can't see that the Thais would have insisted on promotion this season (desirable, yes;  but not essential).  Nor do I see that Pearson will have "failed", in their eyes.  By sticking with Pearson they can be sure that the cost reductions will continue, and they should also be able to see that the young squad assembled by Pearson should, as a result of learning from their experiences this season, improve significantly next year.

I think Pearson came out and said pre-season last year that the remit was promotion?

However a good job he is doing (allegedly) in cutting wages etc, which I agree on the face of it he seems to be doing.  My own personal view is anything less than promotion over the last 2 or 3 seasons has been a failure.  This isn't arrogance, but lets not forget Leicester is the 10th biggest City in the country and with the Thais backing and our wonderful (general) support we SHOULD be getting promotion, anything less is failure in my eyes.  Sorry just my thoughts really

They'd probably threaten to not renew their season ticket like the supposed haters are doing according to you.

Precisely the kind of cvntish attitude that frustrates me so much about you and the Pearson Out brigade. Trying to belittle the people who have done nothing but invest faith and belief into the team and manager, one who has already done a lot for our Club and may well be able to do a lot more. Absolutely pathetic.

and the bum lickers live in cloud cuckoo land if you think pearson can take us into the promised land. the bloke is inept on tactical poor man managerment etc etc. the bum lickers please stand up and be counted when we are stuck in this league for another season in 2014-15

and also forgot in my last post that fans who want him out have invested hundreds of pounds to support this club there've just had enough of him

If it 'is common folklore' about promotion, where is stated fact that 'Pearson's remit clearly included reducing costs'?

Where is the evidence that Pearson has what it takes to get promotion?  Four years at this level and not even close and he has spent millions of our money and Hull's money to achieve sustained Championship football for himself.

Brilliant.

Just for the record it is NOT Pearsons team that gained promotion at Hull either. Only four players in their first team played under pearson it is Bruce's side not Pearsons.

Pearson admitted many times last season the owners wanted promotion on that score alone he has failed.

Just for the record it is NOT Pearsons team that gained promotion at Hull either. Only four players in their first team played under pearson it is Bruce's side not Pearsons.

Pearson admitted many times last season the owners wanted promotion on that score alone he has failed.

Ssshhh, don't come on here with such well reasoned stuff.

Top Said it in a TV interview. I remember watching it. No folklore about it.

The Mail are also saying that Dickov has got the Doncaster job, ahead of Michael Appleton (with lots of other sources, saying it's Appleton).  IF they're right on Dickov (and we should know at a Donnie Press Conference, Monday morning), that will give a lot of creditability to their City story !

The Mail's Football legitimacy IS really on the line this morning.  The Yorkshire Post (the local paper) has an Exclusive, that Michael Appleton IS to be appointed over Paul Dickov - with a Press Conference announcing it, this afternoon.  If the Yorkshire Post have it right, so much for the Lennon & Hughes story - if the Mail have it correct, then PERHAPS it could be Lennon (I hope not Hughes) !?

Archived