Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Daily Slug says Lennon & Huges in frame.

Anyone who came in would want to bring in their own players - another year of turmoil - maybe playoffs and then out again.

Give NP another season and stop being moronic.

Hughes and Pearson are both rubbish, imo, so I would go for De Matteo, Lennon, or MON.

That's nice. Is there anyone you'd be happy with that would actually come?

NIGEL PEARSON TO REMAIN AT LEICESTER CITY

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/315366/Nigel-Pearson-to-remain-at-Leicester-City/

He has been handed a vote of confidence following a high-powered meeting.

“The owners have been very supportive and told Nigel it is business as usual next season,†said a source..

Tony Mowbray been linked with the job?! Now he can fvck right off!

Was discussing Lennon yesterday with mi mate.

Though we loved him as a player, don't forget he's a ticking time-bomb mentally. Akin to Roy Keane.

If he gets the job and gets 'arsy' with Stringer, it'd make Pearson look like Woody Allen in comparison.

lol

If we get rid of Nige (not bothered) then lets replace him with someone who we can all enjoy having as manager, both on and off the pitch. It's a shame IMO that Adkins took the Reading job. He'd have been my choice.

Now, I'm pretty apathetic to who starts next season as manager.

I still don't think Pearson is going anywhere though.

lol

Yep agree with you Col

We shouldn't even be in this position.

Nigel should of gone months ago when we hit relegation form.

It's kind of a double edged sword, if Nigel stays and we carry on this relegation form, we'll be in turmoil with poor morale, poor style of play & no way of a manager coming in and stamping his authority.

However if we do make a change, will it be back to square one? New players, new tactics, new building of the squad. Is this a good thing?

In my opinion if O'neill is willing to return we should make every effort to get him in. Fans + Players will be boosted by his presence.

Hughes and Pearson are both rubbish, imo, so I would go for De Matteo, Lennon, or MON.

I respect that's you're opinion, but Nige is our best manager in 10 years (since Adams). Fact. Our league finishes under him highlight that. Di Matteo has done good jobs at MK, WBA and Chelsea, but Martin's job at Sunderland wasn't great - and he spent a lot of money again (something you point at Nige)... Personally, I want Nige to stay on as Leicester manager, but that's just my opinion.

We shouldn't even be in this position.

Nigel should of gone months ago when we hit relegation form.

It's kind of a double edged sword, if Nigel stays and we carry on this relegation form, we'll be in turmoil with poor morale, poor style of play & no way of a manager coming in and stamping his authority.

However if we do make a change, will it be back to square one? New players, new tactics, new building of the squad. Is this a good thing?

In my opinion if O'neill is willing to return we should make every effort to get him in. Fans + Players will be boosted by his presence.

I agree the danger with allowing Big Nige one more season is if we start poorly. Will be another wasted season potentially, that's the danger

I agree the danger with allowing Big Nige one more season is if we start poorly. Will be another wasted season potentially, that's the danger

The thing is, after losing the play-off final in 10/11, Reading started the following season very badly. Second from bottom after six games, 16th after 15 games. But they stuck by their manager (who had never won promotion and was in his second full season) and they ended up winning the title that year. So we can all see how beneficial not being a boo-boy, and having a bit of faith, can sometimes be.

Worries me its been reported in the Daily Mail as they were bang on with their Redknapp story last year. Club haven't publicly backed NP yet. I think they're looking at all options

I agree.

It's only my opinion but I wonder if Pearson was invited to outline his plans to for 2013/14 on Friday, and the owners are now considering all options.

Worries me its been reported in the Daily Mail as they were bang on with their Redknapp story last year. Club haven't publicly backed NP yet. I think they're looking at all options

Sensible thing to do, when do you think they will make a decision? Either way, I would hope they do it before the end of May.

I just don't know. I dot buy the fact he's been backed though. These rumours won't go away and I believe that a good majority of them have some substance to them.

*dont*

Well to be fair effectively he failed last season as the remit was to get us promoted, no wonder there is speculation, wether we agree with it or not

The Mail are also saying that Dickov has got the Doncaster job, ahead of Michael Appleton (with lots of other sources, saying it's Appleton).  IF they're right on Dickov (and we should know at a Donnie Press Conference, Monday morning), that will give a lot of creditability to their City story !

The thing is, after losing the play-off final in 10/11, Reading started the following season very badly. Second from bottom after six games, 16th after 15 games. But they stuck by their manager (who had never won promotion and was in his second full season) and they ended up winning the title that year. So we can all see how beneficial not being a boo-boy, and having a bit of faith, can sometimes be.

And I'm sure we can find plenty of examples when it didn't pay off. I'm on your side incidentally, I just think this is a weak argument to use. 

My mum told me that she overheard a lady in the canteen at work, say that she had spoken too nigel pearsons missus lover, who is also a player at the club and he said nobody knows what is going on. You heard it hear first, i am in the know.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. A stopped clock is right twice a day.

Archived