Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Daily Slug says Lennon & Huges in frame.

Yeah, I'm sure they're holding off sacking Pearson and wasting half the summer on the off-chance that someone decent is available later.

If you assume that Pearson is going then ouldn't that be the sensible thing to do rather than choosing a manger from those presently available?

All pearsonites won't even accept lennon was at the watford game. According to them the photo taken of him was photoshopped.

He had a picture taken with a fan and even that did not convince some.

You have to ask yourselves this though, "why was he there?"

All pearsonites won't even accept lennon was at the watford game. According to them the photo taken of him was photoshopped.

To check some of the Watford players I would assume lol

Interesting to read that the Stoke chairman wanted to 'take Stoke in a different direction' - With Hughes in charge we know exactly which direction !

Interesting to read that the Stoke chairman wanted to 'take Stoke in a different direction' - With Hughes in charge we know exactly which direction !

So if the Daily Mail (and the 'ITK' earlier in the week) is correct AND Stoke DO go for Hughes, we should expect a Lennon announcement at City next week ?!

Well that's bollocks for a start because I'm staunchly pro-Pearson and I know for a fact he was there. I also know that he was there to scout Watford's Glasgow-born Ikechi Anya with a view to signing him over the summer.

So if the Daily Mail (and the 'ITK' earlier in the week) is correct AND Stoke DO go for Hughes, we should expect a Lennon announcement at City next week ?!

No,

So true, if this was so obvious do you think Pearson would stand for it? No, he'd walk. Nothing in it.

It's unlikely, isn't it? The Lennon story would be very slightly more viable with the Cup Final tomorrow / the absence of signings compared to this time last year / the possible breakdown of the Beckford deal / absence of a public confirmation of NP's continuation (if that's really necessary). O'Neill, as far as I'm aware, hasn't ever been 'lined up' to replace a manager already in a job; perhaps as a matter of principle on his part. And if the club are looking to cut costs, a new high profile manager would be an unusual solution.

That said, I don't think Pearson would resign and forego the million he'd have been paid during the season. Few managers do these days, preferring the sack and resultant pay-off. I'm unconvinced by the story, but equally imagine Pearson would be pushed before he jumped were his job to be under threat.

It's unlikely, isn't it? The Lennon story would be very slightly more viable with the Cup Final tomorrow / the absence of signings compared to this time last year / the possible breakdown of the Beckford deal / absence of a public confirmation of NP's continuation (if that's really necessary). O'Neill, as far as I'm aware, hasn't ever been 'lined up' to replace a manager already in a job; perhaps as a matter of principle on his part. And if the club are looking to cut costs, a new high profile manager would be an unusual solution.

That said, I don't think Pearson would resign and forego the million he'd have been paid during the season. Few managers do these days, preferring the sack and resultant pay-off. I'm unconvinced by the story, but equally imagine Pearson would be pushed before he jumped were his job to be under threat.

A lot if bookies have suspended betting on o'neill at stoke, so that might put that one to bed

Archived