Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Is the City of Leicester a dump?

21 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/vandals-target-leicester-street-by-smashing-car-windows-in-the-early-hours-of-the-morning/story-30081890-detail/story.html

This happened to me a few weeks ago. Was only a passenger window and cost me £75. Absolute bastards, but there's nothing stopping them.

Didn't they catch the last group of bellends that did this over new year? 

Wonder what happened to them if they did. Probably a nice slap on the wrist. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Didn't they catch the last group of bellends that did this over new year? 

Wonder what happened to them if they did. Probably a nice slap on the wrist. :rolleyes:

When I reported it, they just seem so uninterested. I appreciate that it's a very difficult crime to catch the perpetrator, but they didn't even ask if there were any cameras pointing at my car. Then when I told them that one might have caught it, they said that the time window was too large. 

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

When I reported it, they just seem so uninterested. I appreciate that it's a very difficult crime to catch the perpetrator, but they didn't even ask if there were any cameras pointing at my car. Then when I told them that one might have caught it, they said that the time window was too large. 

Too busy hunting down wolf-whistlers I suspect. 

It's the same as always now. Friend of mine was watching his house get burgled live on cctv, he was about 40 minutes away so rang police "sorry we're busy at the moment we can have someone round on wednesday". 

It happened on a Monday smh. 

24 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Cameras are not, and never have been, for crime prevention or solving. It's pure surveillance. It's high time that it was admitting.

Oh, and the OB are absolutely useless. They're not into solving or preventing crime, either. 

24 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Too busy hunting down wolf-whistlers I suspect. 

It's the same as always now. Friend of mine was watching his house get burgled live on cctv, he was about 40 minutes away so rang police "sorry we're busy at the moment we can have someone round on wednesday". 

It happened on a Monday smh. 

I heard a cracker from someone the other day, burgled, two officers come round to the scene immediately (for once).

Going through the place and one of the officers bagged up a glove they found that the owner said wasn't his, then the coppers partner comes down from upstairs and as they are leaving starts asking where his gloves are as he has misplaced them in the house.

On 1/19/2017 at 16:25, baker11 said:

Good news! 

Pre Chelsea we did - The Salmon, Cherry Tree, Hansom Cab, The Royal Standard (full of old school Chelsea Rangers lot), Blue Boar and The Swan and Rushes.

Went in the Blue Boar over Christmas, very impressed. 

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

It's better than it's ever been for food and drink in my opinion.

Those too scared to go into town (I think this is made up bollocks) need to man up, I have never had a problem in over 20 years of either living there for Uni or visiting as weekends for footy/drinks/shopping.

Banging on about shop closures as a stick to beat the place with is also wide of the mark, this is a countrywide issue that stems mostly from the the type of people who spend the money shopping online.

It's sad but the day of thriving highstreets and quality shops everywhere is gone.

For what I and my mates enjoy Leicester has never been better.

But it would still be nice, to have even an empty clean Leicester.

PLUS when I was there in November, the shops seemed busy enough. Busy coffee shops and eateries

which shows Businesses   "offline"  still have something to offer. The once great market though seems to be suffering

Innocent question...where can one buy decent old non processed classical cheese, like the once proud Red Leicester, or other county cheeses. ????

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

PLUS when I was there in November, the shops seemed busy enough. Busy coffee shops and eateries

which shows Businesses   "offline"  still have something to offer. The once great market though seems to be suffering

Innocent question...where can one buy decent old non processed classical cheese, like the once proud Red Leicester, or other county cheeses. ????

There is a deli gaff just off the lanes around the Cathedral area. I reckon they could sort you out with the cheese. The name escapes me i'm afraid.

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

My mate has a Delicatessen in the Silver Arcade, loads of cheese in there. He's a City fan as well

20 minutes ago, baker11 said:

There is a deli gaff just off the lanes around the Cathedral area. I reckon they could sort you out with the cheese. The name escapes me i'm afraid.

Delilah? That's a ****ing cracking gaff, do all sorts of beers in all - walked out with a bag full of Kriek Boon and Magic Rock tins once. Had a breakfast there that was a bit rich but they do all sorts of stuff.

There's a deli in the Silver Arcade too that's meant to be good, as I'm typing this I can see Trav has mentioned it above.

Best sarnies in Leicester are Salvador Deli though, so ****ing delicious it's no wonder I put on about a stone when I worked up London Road. Also on the breakfast note get yourselves to Bar Dos on Queens Rd, absolutely incredible form.

9 hours ago, MattP said:

I heard a cracker from someone the other day, burgled, two officers come round to the scene immediately (for once).

Going through the place and one of the officers bagged up a glove they found that the owner said wasn't his, then the coppers partner comes down from upstairs and as they are leaving starts asking where his gloves are as he has misplaced them in the house.

Well at least they bagged it up, I had my car broken into about 5 years ago near queens road and the twat who did it left his gloves in the car, i asked the police what forensics they would do on it and they said it wasn't worth it. Unreal.

On 1/24/2017 at 16:31, Lako42 said:

It's better than it's ever been for food and drink in my opinion.

Those too scared to go into town (I think this is made up bollocks) need to man up, I have never had a problem in over 20 years of either living there for Uni or visiting as weekends for footy/drinks/shopping.

Banging on about shop closures as a stick to beat the place with is also wide of the mark, this is a countrywide issue that stems mostly from the the type of people who spend the money shopping online.

It's sad but the day of thriving highstreets and quality shops everywhere is gone.

For what I and my mates enjoy Leicester has never been better.

Completely agree. Leicester has come on a lot, I find most people moaning about it are people who wouldn't step foot into town either way.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, China Black said:

Gallowtree Gate had certainly turned into a shithole over the last 10 years.

t's not that bad, what about Belgrave Gate? Now that really is a dump as is Humberstone Gate around the old Three Cranes pub area.

5 hours ago, Parafox said:

t's not that bad, what about Belgrave Gate? Now that really is a dump as is Humberstone Gate around the old Three Cranes pub area.

If I won the Euromillions, there are a block of buildings opposite the arab restaurant on Belgrave Gate that I'd buy just so I could knock them down and build something decent on. Total fecking eyesore.