Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Wellens Targets Promotion

He's shit, he's on too much money, he's been told to find another club and he's digging his heels in.

Like Gallagher, if he actually had any fondness for the club he'd **** off or put his money where his mouth is and take a wage cut.

Yeah, not disagreeing with any of that. But too suggest he has never been decent at passing and/or made a living by being shit isn't true.

It annoys me how he gets villified, for 2-3 seasons he was one our best players

That's the only thing that annoys me as well.

It annoys me how he gets villified, for 2-3 seasons he was one our best players

Pele used to be one of the world's best players, I wouldn't sign him up now (though he'd probably be stronger in the tackle than Gally.)

My objection to him currently, and these comments in particular, isn't his ability but his attitude. It stinks. It's arrogant, delusional and unhelpful.

Like I said, if Richie Wellens cares about Leicseter City and it's promotion chances he'd either say "gaffer, I want to say, I appreciate you can't strengthen the squad while I'm on these wages - I'll play for less" or he needs to do one. We could bring in two young players on what he's on.

As for how amazing his passing and assists actually are, here are his league stats (with a bit of perspective, too):

2009/10 Assists - 5 (5!!)

2010/11 Assists - 8 (One more than Gallagher in 12 more starts)

2011/12 Assists - 5 (5!! again lol)

Well shit the bed, we've got David Beckham the second on our hands here. A passing, chance creating, midfield running sensation. 

Like I said many people can easily be fooled because they can probably remember a pass or two that actually got from his foot to one of our players over the 4 years he's been here, but they've been that exactly, fooled. Finnegan makes a good point, some players (Danns, Gally, Beckford etc) seem to have thought "Oh dya know what, be arsed with this anymore. Yes the money is sweet but come on, everyone hates us, our own manager hates most of us let's just go and play football somewhere else" whereas Wellens seems like he wants to carry on hanging around like a bellend. 

Pele used to be one of the world's best players, I wouldn't sign him up now (though he'd probably be stronger in the tackle than Gally.)

My objection to him currently, and these comments in particular, isn't his ability but his attitude. It stinks. It's arrogant, delusional and unhelpful.

Like I said, if Richie Wellens cares about Leicseter City and it's promotion chances he'd either say "gaffer, I want to say, I appreciate you can't strengthen the squad while I'm on these wages - I'll play for less" or he needs to do one. We could bring in two young players on what he's on.

Please say that was a deliberate erectile disfunction pun  lol  lol

Is he taking the piss.

He was one of our best players about two/three season's ago, and probably actually one of the best midfielders in the Championship.

Not anymore, it's time for him to go, we have King & James now a healthy looking central midfield partnership.

As for how amazing his passing and assists actually are, here are his league stats (with a bit of perspective, too):

2009/10 Assists - 5 (5!!)

2010/11 Assists - 8 (One more than Gallagher in 12 more starts)

2011/12 Assists - 5 (5!! again lol)

Well shit the bed, we've got David Beckham the second on our hands here. A passing, chance creating, midfield running sensation. 

Like I said many people can easily be fooled because they can probably remember a pass or two that actually got from his foot to one of our players over the 4 years he's been here, but they've been that exactly, fooled. Finnegan makes a good point, some players (Danns, Gally, Beckford etc) seem to have thought "Oh dya know what, be arsed with this anymore. Yes the money is sweet but come on, everyone hates us, our own manager hates most of us let's just go and play football somewhere else" whereas Wellens seems like he wants to carry on hanging around like a bellend. 

How many assists did Dyer make this year? He was top. 8 or 9? Wow.

If you're looking for a good midfielder to compare him too then I wouldn't pick Beckham.

I just love you're love in for Gallagher. When has he indicated he wants to move? lol He's also happy to take the money, wake up this football, most players do it.

I agree about his attitude, wasn't he told to fvck off last at the Watford game last season?

But I reaaly don't understand why people talk about him as if he perfomed the like  Mcgivern and Bednar, he wasn't the best player in the world but he definitely wasn't as shit as people make out!

How many assists did Dyer make this year? He was top. 8 or 9? Wow.

If you're looking for a good midfielder to compare him too then I wouldn't pick Beckham.

I just love you're love in for Gallagher. When has he indicated he wants to move? lol He's also happy to take the money, wake up this football, most players do it.

Yeah exactly, Dyer was top this year with 8 or 9. More than Wellens ever got in a season. And Dyer can't kick a ball in a straight line! And played less times, too. That just backs up my point...

Yeah exactly, Dyer was top this year with 8 or 9. More than Wellens ever got in a season. And Dyer can't kick a ball in a straight line! And played less times, too. That just backs up my point...

Where did you get the stats from? I've looked in a programme from 2010 but can't find anything, nothing on OS either. Just saying like because I'm pretty sure he made more than 5.

Where did you get the stats from? I've looked in a programme from 2010 but can't find anything, nothing on OS either. Just saying like because I'm pretty sure he made more than 5.

I use http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAssists/0,,10794~20117,00.html to get all the stats I mention on 'ere. Could be wrong with some things like but that's the most official one out there I'd assume. 

Am I the only one who thinks fully fit he could do a job for us for 60-70 minutes?

No?

Anyone?

No. I agree.

Look at when he played last season - he played well against the likes of Cardiff away.

Again, he doesn't deserve half the abuse he gets on here. But if you abuse Gallagher apparently you aren't a fan.

If he was that good now then he would have made the bench more than 10 times last season, what is he smoking?

Shame we put things like injuries in the way.

Also, I'd say he's trying to put himself in the shop window... He's not exactly going to come out and say 'well yeah I'm sh*t so don't even put a bid in for me'.

Been a good player for us. In Pearson's first spell here I thought Wellens was our most important player. He was diabolical last season though. Wouldn't expect him to admit he's after a move though; doesn't mean he's happy to stay here and not play. I'm sure he'd rather be playing regularly somewhere else if it's not here.

Archived