Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Wellens Targets Promotion

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8790735/

Leicester midfielder Richie Wellens is focused on the new season and has set his sights on winning promotion to the Premier League.

Wellens is preparing himself for pre-season training at the Walkers Stadium after Leicester lost out to Watford in the Championship play-off semi-finals last term.

The classy playmaker found himself out of favour at Leicester last term and spent a spell out on loan at Ipswich.

Wellens, who is entering the final year of his contract, is keen to impress Foxes boss Nigel Pearson this summer and win his place back in the side.

"I am looking forward to the new season with Leicester City," Wellens told Sky Sports.

"I believe I am one of the best midfielders in the Championship and I am looking to establish myself back in the Leicester starting XI next season.

"I think I will benefit from a full pre-season under my belt this summer so I can hit the ground running.

"I have one year left on my contract at Leicester City and I am hoping to conclude that with promotion to the Premier League as that is the aim of the club next season."

Leicester midfielder Richie Wellens is focused on the new season and has set his sights on winning promotion to the Premier League.

Wellens is preparing himself for pre-season training at the Walkers Stadium after Leicester lost out to Watford in the Championship play-off semi-finals last term.

The classy playmaker found himself out of favour at Leicester last term and spent a spell out on loan at Ipswich.

Wellens, who is entering the final year of his contract, is keen to impress Foxes boss Nigel Pearson this summer and win his place back in the side.

"I am looking forward to the new season with Leicester City," Wellens told Sky Sports.

"I believe I am one of the best midfielders in the Championship and I am looking to establish myself back in the Leicester starting XI next season.

"I think I will benefit from a full pre-season under my belt this summer so I can hit the ground running.

"I have one year left on my contract at Leicester City and I am hoping to conclude that with promotion to the Premier League as that is the aim of the club next season."

Lad

Joker!  lol

Seems at odds with the interview he gave after the Huddersfield cup game in which he seemed to concede that he had found it tough and that he maybe wasn't good enough for us anymore.

We need rid of him. Those aren't the words of a man who will be happy with a bit part role and he's allegedly (as he has been at other clubs) one of the ones who can be a disruptive influence within the squad.

I suppose it's hard to complain that a man who only came here for the money (he talked about giving his family security) is now not willing to return to where he came from because of not wanting to take a cut from being on that money!

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. He's had the summer off and probably been remeniscing about that good game he had vs Man City a few years back and he's unrealistically optimistic going in to the new season. Once he's chundered in the first half hour of being back in pre-season he'll have come to his senses.

I love how Gallagher gets abuse and people aren't 'fans', yet when a player in our squad (so what if he won't get a game he still plays for Leicester City) targets promotion he gets abused.

Legs have gone now (he had no pace anyway), but he has been a solid signing for us, backed up by the fact that for two or three years running he made the highest assists. In some ways, I hope he goes to Doncaster because he'll get treated far better.

Translation: "I know I won't be playing but I want to sit on the wage I'm getting so I'll pretend I've got a chance of being involved here instead of going to a Club lower down the pecking order and playing more often. That way I can still make top dollar but I'll still look like I'm doing it for the football, know what I mean lad?"

Target promotion with MK Dons or something. We need to offload players ffs.

Wellens is preparing himself for pre-season training at the Walkers Stadium after Leicester lost out to Watford in the Championship play-off

My sides...

If I am not mistaken a player who asks to leave looses his loyalty bonus whilst those who don't and are, co-incidently, very public about being committed to the cause ( even if their agent's actions suggest otherwise ) have to have theirs paid by the club before being sold.

lol  lol  lol

Wellens you cant pass, shoot, run, walk, shoot, pass, pass, shoot, run or shoot.

lol He can't pass? Have a day off.

He can't shoot and he can't run, he'll be the first to admit that. He can find a pass though, always has been able to.

He can't pass very well. He can fool people into thinking he's some sort of Championship Xabi Alonso by nailing one 40 yard pass per season (out of one thousand attempts) but he can't pass really. He probably admits that to himself deep down but carries on trying, because when he thinks about it, he can't really play football at all but he's got rich off it. Fair play. If I could get rich doing something I'm not very good at but enjoy I'd do it too. 

lol He can't pass? Have a day off.

He can't shoot and he can't run, he'll be the first to admit that. He can find a pass though, always has been able to.

Yeah I agree, just a bit overexcited after finding out Wellens is the one of the best midfielders in the Championship  :thumbup:

I love how Gallagher gets abuse and people aren't 'fans', yet when a player in our squad (so what if he won't get a game he still plays for Leicester City) targets promotion he gets abused.

Legs have gone now (he had no pace anyway), but he has been a solid signing for us, backed up by the fact that for two or three years running he made the highest assists. In some ways, I hope he goes to Doncaster because he'll get treated far better.

He's shit, he's on too much money, he's been told to find another club and he's digging his heels in.

Like Gallagher, if he actually had any fondness for the club he'd **** off or put his money where his mouth is and take a wage cut.

Archived