Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Neil Warnock...

In the Independent - strange journalism if you ask me. No quote or signs, and really out the blue! They've also tried their hardest to disprove the rumour...

The position of Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson remains uncertain with the possibility that the club’s Thai owners could make a move for Neil Warnock, before the end of the month.

Pearson was back in training with his players yesterday after major changes at the club over the summer. The former Premier League chairman Sir Dave Richards has come in as a consultant and while he was chairman of Sheffield Wednesday when Pearson played there, it is not certain the club will continue with the manager next season.

Warnock is available but may need some convincing given his decision to retire after leaving Leeds last season.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/neil-warnock-in-frame-for-leicester-city-job-8683402.html

In the Independent - strange journalism if you ask me. No quote or signs, and really out the blue! They've also tried their hardest to disprove the rumour...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/neil-warnock-in-frame-for-leicester-city-job-8683402.html

I'd say it's certain. They wouldn't wait this long to get rid of him.

-Leicester would have sacked Pearson by now if they wanted someone else

-Players are back in pre-season training, with Pearson and co. still here

-Transfers are starting to get sorted

-Our new 'consultant' has worked with Pearson before

-Neil Warnock has decided to retire

Where the hell is the story in this?

Yeah, I can see this happening - the Thais thought they'd wait for the whole summer to finish, let Pearson start his pre-season training programme and then sack him to bring in a manager who will then have very little time to get the players playing how he wants before the start of the season. Promotion nailed on for next season.

I bet there's a bloke at The Independent getting paid to make this shit up. Absolutely scandalous.

-Leicester would have sacked Pearson by now if they wanted someone else

-Players are back in pre-season training, with Pearson and co. still here

-Transfers are starting to get sorted

-Our new 'consultant' has worked with Pearson before

-Neil Warnock has decided to retire

Where the hell is the story in this?

This

Yeah, I can see this happening - the Thais thought they'd wait for the whole summer to finish, let Pearson start his pre-season training programme and then sack him to bring in a manager who will then have very little time to get the players playing how he wants before the start of the season. Promotion nailed on for next season.

I bet there's a bloke at The Independent getting paid to make this shit up. Absolutely scandalous.

The journalism industry is absolutely fvcked. The amount of decent young journalists who struggle to get jobs whilst others are being paid more than most on here to write this kind of shite lol & that we want Demba Ba.

Shameful stuff.

The independent is one of the most credible newspapers so obviously take the information like any other with a pinch of salt, but I would hope for our sake that if we were considering getting rid of NP then MON is the man!

Their top football story though - certainly on their mobile site anyway.

Find it a bit odd, particularly as no indication I source and giving it such priority on their site.

Rightly or wrongly, can help feeling there Might be something in it.

The only thing that gives this story credibility is that we seem to have made no plans (publicly at least) for the new season ....

There's seems to have been a total silence from the club and obviously they are sorting some big stuff that takes a while in the background - if that's new Directors then it stands to reason that you'd keep your manager until the new Directors are in place and making the decisions they are paid to do.

The Thais need to learn some media management skills if they are to run a media focussed organisation like a football club and not let uncontrolled rumour rock their ship.

The only thing that gives this story credibility is that we seem to have made no plans (publicly at least) for the new season ....

There's seems to have been a total silence from the club and obviously they are sorting some big stuff that takes a while in the background - if that's new Directors then it stands to reason that you'd keep your manager until the new Directors are in place and making the decisions they are paid to do.

The Thais need to learn some media management skills if they are to run a media focussed organisation like a football club and not let uncontrolled rumour rock their ship.

See the 'Such 'silence' from the KP ?!' thread !

I'd be fuming if we got Warnock, he's past his best as a manager and don't think he would do any better than Pearson, probably worse. Pearson would of been sacked by now if they were gonna do it before the start of the season. Get behind Nigel!

I'd be fuming if we got Warnock, he's past his best as a manager and don't think he would do any better than Pearson, probably worse. Pearson would of been sacked by now if they were gonna do it before the start of the season. Get behind Nigel!

This. He did an absolutely shit job with Leeds last season, blaming everyone else but himself along the way. Yet there are many on here who'd gladly see our current manager out of the door and replaced with a useless tosser like this chap.

It's rather quite at LCFC, I know says another, very strange don't you think comes the reply. Any idea what is happening then ? No but something must be going on, must be, yer must be, any idea what ? Could be anything, who do you think would go there if Pearson got sacked ? Don't know Warnock maybe ? Could be, didn't Harry want the job, yer but it was to far for him north of Watford. Oh so they want Warnock now do they ? Instead he retired. Yes but only while he repaires a few tractors. So it's Warnock for Leicester then. Looks like it. Ok let's print it then.

It would be suicide to sack Pearson and bring in Warnock.

It's such a bizarre article that I fear there could be something in it. A bit like the Redknapp stories that surfaced at the start of last season.

The independent is one of the most credible newspapers so obviously take the information like any other with a pinch of salt, but I would hope for our sake that if we were considering getting rid of NP then MON is the man!

The Indy IS usually reliable.  Some posters on here were 'poo-pooing' the story, because of the Journalists' close relationship with Colin Wa**er (ie he was 'pushing' his mate).  I would have thought that Sam Wallace's close links with Colin, would have ADDED credibility to the story though !?

It would be suicide to sack Pearson and bring in Warnock.

It's such a bizarre article that I fear there could be something in it. A bit like the Redknapp stories that surfaced at the start of last season.

With the difference being that I'd have loved 'arry ... but not warnock.

Forget about it. Although it is the Independent, it's the byline you need to look at - and Sam Wallace is useless.

Since March he's been writing a number of stories linking Phil Neville to become the next manager at which ever club sacked their manager. When all the clubs appointed somebody else, he then wrote a piece about how Phil Neville will become Moyes' assistant at Man U.

The fella makes it up as he goes.

IF this happened I'd boycott, I wouldn't want that cvnt anywhere near our club after his actions when we went into administration.

Yeah just like the mass protests there were going to be at Southampton, then they won a couple of games and it appears to be Nigel Who? If he came in and did ok, no one would give two shits what he said in the past. Plus, bearing in mind the legislation that has been brought in after our administration, he kind of had a point! That said I don't think it would happen and am quite happy with Nige.

IF this happened I'd boycott, I wouldn't want that cvnt anywhere near our club after his actions when we went into administration.

But he's said nice things since then, particularly about the fans.

Archived