Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Capital one cup draw - Carlisle away

I used to live in Carlisle and still have friends up there (one or two are Carlisle fans) but I'm not sure if I will make the round-trip on a Tuesday night. If it was a weekend then it would be a different matter. Ah... the memories... Friday and Saturday nights on Botchergate. As good as it gets  ;)

lol just reading the Carlisle fans reaction. They seem to think they will walk it straight into round 3.

Just had a look myself, one of them was cacking himself at the prospect of Charlton away, but apparently we are there for the taking lol

Just had a look myself, one of them was cacking himself at the prospect of Charlton away, but apparently we are there for the taking lol

It was the comment about turning us over and holding out for a big tie with one of the top 6 clubs in round 3 that got me.

It was the comment about turning us over and holding out for a big tie with one of the top 6 clubs in round 3 that got me.

Tbh they've got a pretty good chance, they've got a decent side and will be at home while we will not be wanting to commit too much effort to this. If Burton could do it then Carlisle can.

Tbh they've got a pretty good chance, they've got a decent side and will be at home while we will not be wanting to commit too much effort to this. If Burton could do it then Carlisle can.

Dont get me wrong, I know they have a chance. Its the way they think they will just breeze past us like we're some conference side that I find funny.

tbh after reading the thread I think you have misinterpreted that. They are in real financial difficulties and so they were looking for one of the bigger seeded teams away to get the revenue (say Liverpool). The next best option would be a 'winnable' game with home advantage and hope for the wonder draw in the next round. Considering that they have to play a seeded team then we are not a bad option - considering who they could have drawn. The worst option would be an away game against one of the lesser seeded teams, e.g. Charlton, where they wouldn't get the revenue and they don't have the home advantage. When he said 'it could be worse, away to someone like Charlton', he was talking from this perspective imo.

did this on the train in L1, left my house at 4.45 in the morning and got back to leicester at 11.30pm, not sure I'm attempting to do this on a tuesday night, not sure I'd even get back as far as brum on the last train.

And it couldn't be made worse by the fact on the saturday it's down the country to the capital, would have been an excuse for a few days of work if we had blackpool or someone either the w/e before or after.

so guess it's the radio for me.

I think the club need to consider flying fans out to carlisle, it's too long for a coach! The club should do a special deal with East Midlands Airport or a plane company to fly fans to Newcastle then get a coach to pick them up from newcastle, thoughts?

I think the club need to consider flying fans out to carlisle, it's too long for a coach! The club should do a special deal with East Midlands Airport or a plane company to fly fans to Newcastle then get a coach to pick them up from newcastle, thoughts?

What a super duper idea Leicesterpool! I think you should suggest it to Top and co immediately. You may even want to suggest they hire a fleet of private helicopters so they can land us all in the stadium car park. Would save money on coaches?

That's a ridiculous thing to say. We're one of the luckiest clubs in the country in that 3+ hour journeys are very rare. What about the Carlisle, Middlesbrough and Portsmouth fans? They'll have to make these sort of journeys on a regular basis and in many cases they'll travel further than the Midlands. 

Archived