Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jimmeh

When were you the happier supporter?

138 members have voted

1. 1. What season were you happier as a leicester fan

• Start of svens first full season
    • Now

They say money brings happiness. But right now I would say I am a happier content supporter than when we were spending fortunes!

Anyone agree? This just seems a lot better now. We are doing things in the correct manner.

Interested to know which people prefer.... Man city or Arsenal!

I was happier at the start of Sven's season, but only out of ignorance. I much prefer the club today.

This.

At the start of Sven's season I was happy but blissfully ignorant that Matt Mills was terrible, Michael Johnson was finished as a pro and that we'd spunk millions on a waste of space striker and loanees. The level of spending brought optimism which breeds positivity.

Now, I'm a massive fan of Pearson and think he's done brilliantly in giving us a young squad with the potential to do well but it feels like it will be a harder slog this time around.

Odd to compare the two really as there are some major similarities in peformances. 

I'm not really into transfer hype and I really don't see any credit in mass changes over the Summer. Four or five players fair enough but to the extent, Sven did that Summer was doomed to failure in the short-term.

We played Cov in a game very similar to the one at Boro. In fact the overall performance at Cov was probably poorer. How ironic that certain players that day struggled with Jukebox as well as this year.

We then turned in a couple of performances at home which were bit like the Leeds game. Thankfully now we have a far better defence than we ever had under Sven which gained us a point.

The eventual next wins under Sven in the league came at home against Southampton and Brighton. The Brighton in particular had echoes of our current set-up. We won 1-0 setting up very defensively allowing them to attack us and we counter-attacked. The Southampton game was absolutely nutcase game which was enjoyable but very concerning looking at the back four (Pantsil was a car crash).

We drew at Forest and Barnsley where we seemingly played well in phrases much like the moment.

And then he followed up with a couple of really boring 0-0 draws at Cardiff and Middlesbrough.

To say football was great under Sven was correct for the first bit of his time here. That was very much supported by some real quality loanees and the lack of pressure given that we were unlikely to make the playoffs after a terrible start. When we did well and had a chance of the playoffs, we crumbled under pressure. The full season was rather dull retrospectively.

It's pretty close. It was more interesting at the start of Sven's campaign because anything could have happened really, we spent an awful lot of money and it felt like we could storm the league, fall flat on our face or anything in between. With Pearson it's different, we're probably not going to get automatic promotion, but in every other full season he's had we've been in and around the play-offs and I imagine this year will be the same. I'm more confident this season, I've always been a big fan of Pearson and his first two years at the club were two of the happiest I've had watching football. I'm happier now because I have a lot of confidence in Pearson, but the season under Sven was completely unpredictable and as a result the build up to it was pretty exciting.

I was happier at the start of Sven's full season, but with hindsight we're in a much better position now.

All the players arriving, the novelty of having Sven in charge was like nothing I've ever seen at Leicester. Much rather be where we are now than we were back then though.

I was more excited at start of first full season under Sven but I like the fact we havnt got the egos now, that we had back then. There's a much better team spirit and a very good togetherness about the squad. No one seems to be disrupting the camp and without loads of new signings, the squad knows each other very well and I think that can only help us.

Sven's era was very exciting and fun, as we remember, but that was due to naivety. I was happier as a Leicester fan at the time, because I was one of the thousands who bought into the hype  :blush:

Wouldn't want it to happen again though, not even if we got promoted. Spending £30million on a new squad in your first Premier League season for years!? I'd rather have one that will avoid relegation, then do the spending the next year.

This season, absolutely. 

I was happier in Pearson's first season in the championship. A real  honest bunch of players on reasonable wages (for a footballer) none of this attitude bollocks, that was a great season, there was no real expectation. I suppose that season is a bit like this one, obviously the expectation levels are a lot higher but the bad apples seem to have gone. 

Under Sven it just didn't feel the same at all, I was excited at the start of the season, it was hard not to be but that soon fizzled out within 3 or 4 games. 

Now by far.

Never bought into the we are a rich club shite.

Only so many owners throw cash away most lend and some how I knew thats all that was happening.

Only happy now cos we not spending like fools n still don't trust the owners.

I was more excited by the whole sven affair.

The whole bbc gossip colum was full of us and part of me enjoyed that. We were in the lime light again things were fun.

Now it all seems a bit dull. The whole concept of no players coming in and if they do it's the bargin bucket.

Sven could charm the pants off a virgin. Pearson couldn't charm a snake.

Pearson is dull, the club seems dull, all we have too do is discuss crap atmosphere and who earns how much.

I was gonna say i was happier as i thought our owners had got a clue.

But actually. The limelight made me happier.

At a big cost i know but **** it. It was fun.

I was more excited by the whole sven affair.

The whole bbc gossip colum was full of us and part of me enjoyed that. We were in the lime light again things were fun.

Now it all seems a bit dull. The whole concept of no players coming in and if they do it's the bargin bucket.

Sven could charm the pants off a virgin. Pearson couldn't charm a snake.

Pearson is dull, the club seems dull, all we have too do is discuss crap atmosphere and who earns how much.

I was gonna say i was happier as i thought our owners had got a clue.

But actually. The limelight made me happier.

At a big cost i know but **** it. It was fun.

To be honest I never saw it as fun. It was like a big, silly circus... Almost unreal and became a huge embarrassment.

The 3-0 home loss to Millwall remains in my memory. We were fielding God knows how many millions of pounds worth of 'talent', whilst they were playing a side cobbled together for pennies, relatively speaking. And we were torn apart.

That wasn't fun.

Didn't decide to vote because I was happier at the beginning of the 07/08 season. I really did think we had the best chance of going up after the money that was spent and the players that were signed. But we had so many poor games and managerial changes and worst of all, we got relegated.

Archived