Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Marshall Joins Blackburn

A younger and slightly better Gallagher that has made no real improvement in the year and a half hes been here.  If he really had as much talent and potential as some believe then Stoke wouldn't have let him go so cheaply in the first place.  Far to many people on this site unshakably believe in the 'hes young so he will definitely improve' mantra. . 

Shame as he definitely has ability. As some have alluded to I think he is a bit of a luxury/confidence player. No doubt he will go on to do decent things in his career and I bet he makes an impact at Blackburn for sure. Decent money for him and hopefully we can get a couple of loan signings in from this. One centre mid and another winger...

Probs some twitter rumour but saw someone had posted on there that we may be after James Henry from Millwall now Marshall has gone? I reckon that would be a good signing. Always thought he was a dangerous winger.

Given NP plays quite negative but effective football my bet would be on a defensive midfield player (the other Arsenal youngster?) coming in

Marshall was talented but I'd prefer NP to develop Knocky and he is unlikely to play both.

£1m is decent

NEXT!

I do feel abit sad that we couldn't get him to replicate his early promise that he showed. I wish him luck in his future career.

I agree. I suppose that's the danger with younger players, many don't realise their potential. Don't think he ever did enough to force his way back in the team after Knocky started playing regularly. 

Just hope we can get someone in as we're still light in the wide areas. 

£1 million is a good fee. I've got a feeling his Blackburn career might go exactly the same way as his time at City - he'll introduce himself with a bang and then I reckon he'll fade away.

I just get the feeling he'll be one of those players who never fills his potential - hope I'm wrong though.

£1 million is a good fee. I've got a feeling his Blackburn career might go exactly the same way as his time at City - he'll introduce himself with a bang and then I reckon he'll fade away.

I just get the feeling he'll be one of those players who never fills ho's potential - hope I'm wrong though.

I think you're probably right buddy..

I'm amazed that Blackburn would offer him a 4-year contract.

I would have thought in the era of FPP, Blackburn giving a 4 year contract to someone who could for all they know never fulfil their potential and not break into their first team is a bit risky.

With the players we've shipped out on big wages and for fees, namely Beckford, Wellens and now Marshall, we can surely afford a reasonably priced permanent signing? 

With the players we've shipped out on big wages and for fees, namely Beckford, Wellens and now Marshall, we can surely afford a reasonably priced permanent signing? 

I doubt we were originally within FFP so this may not be the case?

Archived