Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Marshall Joins Blackburn

Never any good. If him and Gallagher had come the other way round nobody would even rate or like Marshall at all. Just because Gally was hated by almost everyone (ironically for being slow, shit at crossing and a bit of a pussy, Marshall anyone?) Ben came in and was seen as the saviour. Our fans were like a young chap on the rebound, anything would've done as long as it wasn't Gally.

A million is great business.

As usual... Now that a player has left the club, 'he wasn't very good anyway'.

lol.. I've seen this soooo many times. I'm sure only a few days ago most were saying that Marshall was a good player and questioning why he wasn't being played?

If people don't think he's very good, then say it WHILST they are still at the club. Apologies if you did do this.

:thumbup:

Was sensational when he first came but then faded away.

Became a shadow of his former self for whatever reason and either wasn't able or didn't want to re find his form.

The only thing that worries me about this deal is the comments Shakespeare made the other night after the Carlisle game. If it's true that the new Director of Football is selling players without keeping Pearson and staff informed then we have a serious problem in my opinion.

People will always remember the cracking goals (rare though ) but it's easy to forget him being missing in most games. At times we played with ten men such was his lack of effect on the game.

Another player that fans Won't want to see go just because they have a song for him! Same as bloody Ian Hume. Downright average but people loved him because of a stupid song!

Good luck to him but I fear he will be a mid to lower league player at best- which is why he has gone to Blackburn.

Great first 6 months and after that he never reached that standard again for whatever reason. I will admit I had him down as a key player at the start of last season but it just didn't work out. You can blame Pearson for making him work on his his defending but he's a professional and should do what's best for the team.

Anyway, hope he reaches his potential but I think perhaps there may need to be an attitude change first.

I am happy that moving Marshall on has supported our FFP efforts. He was never going to set the world alight and already at the age of 22 is becoming a bit of a journeyman footballer. He can also look forward to playing in front of 13k gates a week in a morgue of a football ground at Blackburn with passionless supporters.

lol.. I've seen this soooo many times. I'm sure only a few days ago most were saying that Marshall was a good player and questioning why he wasn't being played?

If people don't think he's very good, then say it WHILST they are still at the club. Apologies if you did do this.

I did a lot of times mate. I was one of the few who saw through his 3 or 4 decent strikes 18 months ago and the fact he has a song and questioned "what has he done since then?" Nothing.

We shouldn't forget that he came here because he wanted first team football, which he had, then had personal issues and his game went backwards. Maybe he couldn't do all he was asked to do, maybe he wasn't interested, but he has been given time and has fallen behind Danns for a place on the bench which cannot be a good thing. Where as DD was on the summer out list, which to most was quite a surprise, he has shown, as has SSL, get your act together and make me play you and Pearson will.

now the money from Beckford and now Marshall should give us a chance to sign a decent player now.. would like Mackay-Stevens or Sako

Not sure that it will work like that, but come the end if the season when most of the high earners contracts will expire we will be in quite a nice position, if promoted our hands are not tied, if not we should be well within FFP rules and therefore be able to offer a lot better contracts than most in this division.

now the money from Beckford and now Marshall should give us a chance to sign a decent player now.. would like Mackay-Stevens or Sako

You live on another planet. We're balancing our books, there's not going to be big signings.

Mackay-Steven will go for a wedge, he's the most highly rated SPL asset outside of Parkhead.

There is a lot in what ScouseFox says to be honest. Marshall has had a go at the fans and not been the strongest in the tackle, both of which Gallagher has had criticism for.

Never was convinced Marshall was a winger, like Knockaert he's probably best towards the centre, but we'll see if we got the best out of him or wasted him on how he fares at Blackburn.

I did a lot of times mate. I was one of the few who saw through his 3 or 4 decent strikes 18 months ago and the fact he has a song and questioned "what has he done since then?" Nothing.

Fair enough buddy.

I too have been questioning the role of Marshall in this team for some time.

I'm not at all sad he's gone to be honest.

And a million quid is good business.

Wish him luck, I personally wonder if he's a little bit of a  fragile character and that's why ManYoo and Stoke let him go so readily? :dunno:

I suspect this too.

He has a better chance of getting it together at Blackburn as he will re-unite with backroom staff he has got on well with in his younger days (apparently), it looks like he will feel happier back in the North West, and he obviously became disenchanted here.  For all that, it's no certainty he'll make a long-term impression there any more than he did here.

Stringers twitter:

"Interesting stuff from Ben Marshall on the mood in the #lcfc camp, 104.9fm 17:30"

Shit stirring, or could there be a genuine problem?

If it was worth anything, he wouldn't be able to wait, the guys like a child.

Stringers twitter:

"Interesting stuff from Ben Marshall on the mood in the #lcfc camp, 104.9fm 17:30"

Shit stirring, or could there be a genuine problem?

He is insufferable sometimes. His desire to be some great investigative journalist far outweighs what's required of him. Seems that it's become more frequent of late (or maybe it's just annoying me more than usual)

He is insufferable sometimes. His desire to be some great investigative journalist far outweighs what's required of him. Seems that it's become more frequent of late (or maybe it's just annoying me more than usual)

I agree.

He seems to think the best way to go about his job is to constantly look to stir up trouble, division and mischief.

From a career point of view I can see that, but as a City fan ?

Seems to have got worse lately also.

Archived