Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

All 50 Gs

The goal against Derby was fantastic, the football we played during Sven's first season was the best I've seen over the past 20 years.

At times, it was great.

Problem was, it was far too rare.

Anyway, I think we played better than that under Pearson in the first half of last season.

lots of goals against forest and derby there, good lad!

He's scored in so many big games we play. 

Scunthorpe L1 (top of the table clash, bagged the winner)

Plymouth 09/10 (125th anniversary game, full house, 94th min winner)

Forest 09/10 (Full house, bagged to seal victory against that lot)

Cov 09/10 (on BBC on a Sunday against local rivals, scores twice)

Peterboro 09/10 (scores a winner to get us right in the play off mix after a tricky game)

Preston 09/10 (scores only goal to seal PO place)

Cardiff 09/10 (puts us ahead in the tie and sparked wildddd scenes in the POs)

Cov 10/11 (naughty little chip against that lot of ******)

Hull 10/11 (Sven's first game, scores after about 5 mins)

Derby 10/11 (opens scoring against local rivals)

Forest 10/11 (on Sky, scores only goal of the game)

Leeds 10/11 (big game, big crowd, scores equaliser, a screamer)

Man City, cup 10/11 (scored to make it 2-2 and take a replay)

Derby 10/11 (scored that sexy 1 touch move goal to kill Derby off)

Brighton 12/13 (only goal of the game to send us top of the league)

Peterboro 12/13 (screamer to seal opening day win)

Forest 12/13 (gets us back in the game which gets us in the play offs)

It absolutely baffles me that some people don't like King and that others wouldn't care if he was sold. 

Let's be realistic here - We are a small ish club. We've not been in the premier league for over 10 years. And until recently we've had no money to spend on players. 

In Andy King, we've got an academy product, who's played over 200 games and scored over 50 goals from midfield and is only just coming up to 25 years of age. 

Seriously, as a small championship club can we really ask for anymore? 

What's also great about Kingy is his ability to pop up with vital/game-changing goals. And his ability is underlined by the sheer variety of his finishes. 

- Glancing headers

- Powerful headers

- Long range finishes 

- Tidy footwork in the box

- Tight finishing

- Late runs into the box

- Cheeky lobs

He's a great player, and a lot of his ability is obviously so natural too. Best finisher at the club and best naturally talented player. 

This is why I love Kingy. Well on the way to gaining Izzet-esque affinity from me. Such a similar type of player to the Turk, too.

I hope he stays with us til the end of his career, as rare as it is to have a 1-club man these days. Only 25 and already 50 goals in 200 appearances. Can any other midfielder of similar age boast that stats in the league?

Some of the goals were spectacular, too. Very quick footwork and is surely one of the best finishers in the squad? The way he just caresses and guides the ball past the keeper and through defenders. Perfection.

This is why I love Kingy. Well on the way to gaining Izzet-esque affinity from me. Such a similar type of player to the Turk, too.

If only.

He's a decent player at this level, at times, he hasn't showm nuch of it since NFP came back.

Izzet performed week in, wek out and in The Premier.

If only.

He's a decent player at this level, at times, he hasn't showm nuch of it since NFP came back.

Izzet performed week in, wek out and in The Premier.

I have to agree.

I watched a video the other week where Izzet won the ball, beat about three players then won us a penalty. 

None of our midfielders do that now. Izzet was the definition of 'box to box' and without doubt the greatest Leicester City player I've seen.

Archived