Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Arctic Monkeys - AM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Sixth album due next year. Loved AM but hoping for a more 'English' sounding album this time round. Heard they were recording at least some of it in Sheffield?

http://www.nme.com/news/music/arctic-monkeys-recording-new-album-release-date-2144828?utm_content=manual&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nme

On 09/09/2013 at 10:19, Fox92 said:

Brought AM this morning. Yeah, it's alright, I do like 'Fireside'. I wasn't a massive fan of 'Suck it and see' anyway so was always looking forward to today... As always though, I'll warm to it with the more I play it.

What happened here.... Suck It and See is now my favourite album of theirs.

Excited about Monkeys' new album. AM was very good but I've faith in them to do something as good/better, Turner is a good songwriter. Just hope they think of a better album name than, AM was pretty boring.

This new AM album could go two ways I feel. Turner seems to be in a head space where he could put out one of the most left field albums of all time. Could be colossal, could be completely mental.

I have loved everything they've done though and love how they keep reinventing themselves. TLSP record was outstanding. 

Been a fan of each album on its own merit - there's been a definite progression in their work and AM was a solid record; made perfect sense as the follow up to Suck It and See, which itself was a logical next step from Humbug.

Suck It and See / Humbug have aged well, IMO. AM less so, but that's mostly because it's been an obvious influence on the work of many other artists since it was released.

Nervous, but hopeful that they can keep moving forward sonically.

Edited by UPinCarolina

• 7 months later...
35 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

This is fantastic, all the mardy bum bucket hat wankers will be ****ing fuming.

VERY TLSP and I love it. 

Yeah there's no 'anthems' per say but as a body of work and concept it's quite superb 

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I think I could listen to the chord changes in the title track all day. As MTWG says, not one for the Strongbow Dark Fruits element of their fanbase - Jamie Cook is now a piano.

nuttin wrong with a darky fruits imho 

Had a listen through the whole thing earlier on, pretty underwhelming. They all sound so similar that I could hardly tell when it skipped to the next song.

I like Four out of five but nothing else really stands out. I'll give it another listen tomorrow.