Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

That's just some of the cross gen games that only exhibit smaller upgrades. Killzone, Ryse, Forza and NFS Rivals look so so good.

I was playing NFS last night on X1 and I honestly couldn't believe how good it looks. These are just launch games as well, imagine a couple of years down the line. Not that graphics are the be all, but it's nice when a great game also blows you away visually. I'm saying this as a PC gamer too.

Games like cod are a smaller graphical leap, but it's still significant in my eyes going from 360 to X1. Remember any YouTube videos you see will be compressed to hell so don't often give a great representation.

I would honestly highly recommend a ps4 or x1 to people, I'm loving it.

Well I can appreciate that that's why I've asked, playing devils advocate do you not think it's easy to say exclusives look so much better when there is no pre generation to compare them to?

Well not really, I've played some really nice looking games like metro last light and outlast maxed on my pc (I don't really like PC gaming I mostly just use it for indie stuff). Killzone, Ryse and NFS certainly match up to it. These are launch games too, games will look incredible over the next few years. Naughty Dog games look phenomenal even on ps3's tricky and vey dated hardware, so just imagine what they'll do with the ps4!

Not to mention the Quantum Break and Black Tusk X1 tech demo's which again look awesome.

I come in peace...

I'm still waiting until March.

I may even get an Xbox One! My cousin has one and he may tempt me over to the dark side once again. We shall see.

What's the deal with charging controllers? Does the One still use AA batteries?

I hope this is a joke, you've been rimming the PS4 for the last 4months.

Ive spent a few hours now on the Xbox one that a friend owns and I cant say its tempted me to buy one.  Granted, I've only so far seen FIFA, COD and Forza 5 but nothing there stands out as great.  What bugs me though on the xbox one is horrific loading times and also the time it takes to actually play a game that you first buy!!  Forza 5 needed a 6gb patch when first putting the disc in, and a mammoth install to the hard drive.  And kinect, dont get me started on that, its just like the old kinect.  Unresponsive, slow.  Not impressed at all with the xbox one.  Even more so at £450 odd quid.  

I hope the PS4 fares better.  I have seen one in motion in a game in Nottingham last weekend and that to be fair did look very decent and I loved the new Dualshock controller but will have to see how that pans out.

I come in peace...

I'm still waiting until March.

I may even get an Xbox One! My cousin has one and he may tempt me over to the dark side once again. We shall see.

What's the deal with charging controllers? Does the One still use AA batteries?

You can either use AA's or a rechargeable pack. I prefer it because internal ion batteries lose their charge after a while. The new controller battery life is crazy long either way. What is really annoying is that there is no way to check controller charge atm, stupid oversight from MS.

Every other advert on the TV is for the Xbox One at the moment.  I find the one where the bloke says "Xbox on" quite amusing, since the console is already on when he says it.

I hope this is a joke, you've been rimming the PS4 for the last 4months.

Well, opinion can change.  Microsoft have 4 months to convince me otherwise. 

There will be plenty knocking around on day one I haven't pre-ordered but I will manage to get one Friday.

Doubt you will to be honest unless you're queuing up at silly-clock Thursday night.

Seen earlier people are ALREADY queuing up at Covent Garden to get their hands on the consoles that Sony are selling at midnight on Friday to people who haven't pre-ordered. Sony are even providing people who que up with Dominoes Pizza and Red Bull. lol

Doubt you will to be honest unless you're queuing up at silly-clock Thursday night.

Seen earlier people are ALREADY queuing up at Covent Garden to get their hands on the consoles that Sony are selling at midnight on Friday to people who haven't pre-ordered. Sony are even providing people who que up with Dominoes Pizza and Red Bull. lol

I remember back in 2007 when it was the PS3 launch, people who queued up at the Virgin megastore on Oxford street at midnight got a free 46 inch tv and a taxi ride home!

depends really, John Lewis and Argos will have stock along with Tescos and other supermarkets.

Yeah I seen an article about the Covent Garden launch I imagine there will be loads queuing up for that though

Im still debating whether to grab one tonight/tomorrow or hold out until next week, I think it's just the hype around it which is making me want to go and find one.

Got my xbox one on release, graphics are a huge step up from those of my 360. Was disappointed with the install times when I first got it but I guess it is better in the long run as the games run quick as now. It should also be noted you could play games after the game had installed like 15%. I got forza and the graphics and gameplay are insane the new controller with the vibrations (if the left rear of the car slips out that part of the controller vibrates) etc is awesome for forza. FIFA is a HUGE improvement you can tell the game was ment for next gen the graphics are great and the minor details are really cool like the crowd being 3d now, ball boys the subs warming up actually being your bench players etc, the gameplay feels so much smoother and the ai is a lot harder to beat and feels a lot more like if you where playing vs a human. I finally got nba 2k14 and the leap of the graphics is massive the graphics on the older versions wernt the best but now they are really really good, havnt played to much of it but I think it's

Been good so far. As for Kinnect I think it's class. Making subs changing formations in FIFA by just

Talking to it is awesome and it understands me no problem. It's one of those things that is abit pointless but is very very cool. Overall I'm happy with the Xbox one so far and havnt had a problem with it.

depends really, John Lewis and Argos will have stock along with Tescos and other supermarkets.

Yeah I seen an article about the Covent Garden launch I imagine there will be loads queuing up for that though

Im still debating whether to grab one tonight/tomorrow or hold out until next week, I think it's just the hype around it which is making me want to go and find one.

I saw the Covent Garden people at like 3pm, they're slightly sad tbh.

Killzone online is aweomse single player is meh PS4 runs very nice makes a nice humming noise haha voice commands work well controller is a improvement still getting a feel for it tho so won't know how much i like it untill i've played more games.

AyeCJay - PSN for anyone who fancies some killzone

Killzone online is aweomse single player is meh PS4 runs very nice makes a nice humming noise haha voice commands work well controller is a improvement still getting a feel for it tho so won't know how much i like it untill i've played more games.

AyeCJay - PSN for anyone who fancies some killzone

I'll add you in March.

Archived