Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 14 Official Thread

Get 13 instead.  14 is dogshit.  There is button lag on presses which makes it feel slow and cumbersome.  Next to zero players apart from world class players can take a ball without breaking stride.  The AI is a step backwards from 13.  When your running anywhere on the pitch and a player comes near you they magnetize together and both slow down jostling until the computer decides seemingly at random which player will come away with the ball.  Constant offsides for both teams which you cannot really do anything about alot of the time.  There are stupid free kicks given away which you cant control either.  And to top it all off the run button now is almost useless as you cant hardly ever beat a man for the reason stated above.  Get 13, it'll be available now for around a tenner now 14 is out.

This is turning into a bag of shit now.

Responding of players suck, and some just stand there like arseholes. 

Amount of times I tackle and win the ball, only to get some shitty deflection which gives the ball straight back to them is pathetic. 

About had enough.

This is turning into a bag of shit now.

Responding of players suck, and some just stand there like arseholes.

Amount of times I tackle and win the ball, only to get some shitty deflection which gives the ball straight back to them is pathetic.

About had enough.

Same happens to me! Joke

Terrible, terrible game.

I thought it as soon as I played it Friday but thought I would stick with it and hope it would improve but no! If anything I have grew to detest the game even more, FIFA UT is beyond a joke, the gameplay is poor, the game is too slow, the Ref decisions are laughable and I'm sick of my defence stepping up or going AWOL when I change player and costing me goals.

I really think that they've designed with PS4 in mind but of course turned it out on PS3 as they all knew we would buy! I really didn't like the demo at all av judging from the reactions here, I'm not sure if is worth getting yet. If it wasn't for the licensing, I'm not sure it would be bought.

Laughed at some of the swearing comments and people's other halves commenting. Same has always happened to me!

It really is boring me now, the amount of headed crosses that are scored on this game is a joke.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Just lost 7-2 on Ultimate Team to a guy who scored 6 headed crosses, its almost like their undefendable.

FIFA 14 better than FIFA 13. Laughable! lol

Already the first maintenance period is in place - and I bet nothing will change at all upon its completion.

Pathetic customer support by EA Sports again (no warning) and a terrible indicator that their recent games are nothing but rushed and half-finished.

It really is boring me now, the amount of headed crosses that are scored on this game is a joke.

Is anyone else noticing this?

Just lost 7-2 on Ultimate Team to a guy who scored 6 headed crosses, its almost like their undefendable.

I was wondering about this, against one of my mates the crosses which he scored from just seemed to be on a wire to his strikers head. That player would automatically find the ball whereas the defender, despite being selected, just wouldn't even get near it. You can tell as the cross is coming in.

There always seems like there is an invisible wall when you try and pick a loose ball up. You could quite easily get to the ball if it would let you. Also when you try taking the ball off an attacker and you miss , it throws your player 5 yards away and gives them a clean break on goal. Someone mentioned the defence is everywhere too, my defence (4 defenders) was grouped up in the middle , no lb or rb exists and they just play it round. This is a shocking game!

EA really need to spend some time on making the game more fun, especially when playing against the AI. They seem to spend all year trying to eradicate exploits that they've forgotten the point of the game.

I agree with all the points made in this thread about it being slow and unresponsive. One thing that has always annoyed me in FIFA is how slow the passing is. You attempt to play a simple pass to someone out wide and the ball trickles along at a slow pace, the player your passing to just stands there like a lemon and then the opposition nick in and take the ball!

It seems really hard to get the players to do what you want them to do. They have a life of their own.

PES for me next year I reckon.

Get 13 instead.  14 is dogshit.  There is button lag on presses which makes it feel slow and cumbersome.  Next to zero players apart from world class players can take a ball without breaking stride.  The AI is a step backwards from 13.  When your running anywhere on the pitch and a player comes near you they magnetize together and both slow down jostling until the computer decides seemingly at random which player will come away with the ball.  Constant offsides for both teams which you cannot really do anything about alot of the time.  There are stupid free kicks given away which you cant control either.  And to top it all off the run button now is almost useless as you cant hardly ever beat a man for the reason stated above.  Get 13, it'll be available now for around a tenner now 14 is out.

Only thing I disagree with is the AI the off the ball runs from strikers and wingers seem much more intelligent now, aside from that I am pretty much of agreement can see me getting the easy 1000 off it and fcking it off tbh. Disappointing game.

I must be one of very little on here to like the game, I think its much more realistic, it's not all about pace on this FIFA which by the looks of things is what most of you have been previously using, learn some of the skill moves or even just play more through balls when your striker is making a run. Easy things make goals

I must be one of very little on here to like the game, I think its much more realistic, it's not all about pace on this FIFA which by the looks of things is what most of you have been previously using, learn some of the skill moves or even just play more through balls when your striker is making a run. Easy things make goals

I've got no problem scoring it's just not very good. 

I was wondering about this, against one of my mates the crosses which he scored from just seemed to be on a wire to his strikers head. That player would automatically find the ball whereas the defender, despite being selected, just wouldn't even get near it. You can tell as the cross is coming in.

They really need to sort this out before everybody picks up on it, literally all you have to do is ping the ball out wide to your winger, swing the ball in and no matter how good or crap your player is at heading, they'll score!

Archived