Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramadaone

Sky Sports Fri Night -Layton Ndukwu

Won a penalty then? He'd slot straight into our team lol

Liking the sound of him though, it really does irritate me that Southampton can bring through Bale, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott and Luke Shaw whilst we've brought through, OK, some pretty good players, but nothing even close to that level. I'd love to see Ndukwu be in that kind of category.

Won a penalty then? He'd slot straight into our team lol

Liking the sound of him though, it really does irritate me that Southampton can bring through Bale, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott and Luke Shaw whilst we've brought through, OK, some pretty good players, but nothing even close to that level. I'd love to see Ndukwu be in that kind of category.

Lineker, Shilton, Heskey

So.... how was he?

Did anyone actually watch the whole game, how did he measure up against the others?

He came on for the whole of the 2nd half and was by far England's best player. He looked so comfortable on the ball and was everywhere, left, right, through the middle. It's early days yet at 15 but under the right coaching he's got to be in with a shot of making it.

He came on for the whole of the 2nd half and was by far England's best player. He looked so comfortable on the ball and was everywhere, left, right, through the middle. It's early days yet at 15 but under the right coaching he's got to be in with a shot of making it.

Cheers  :thumbup:

Hope he continue to progress

Lineker, Shilton, Heskey

In recent years though. Andy King is the best player to come out of our youth side since Heskey. I do like King, but collectively for a club our size and with our catchment area, that ain't good enough.

Loving the sound of this.

he was impressive but the big centre back looked a very useful player too

I've seen Layton play a couple of times at City of Leicester in the same team as my brother. He's head and shoulders above pretty much everyone, strong, quick, left foot right foot, can ping a ball too. Bare in mind he's still only 14 (I think) and playing for England Under-16's! He's also been involved with our Under-18s too. Fingers crossed he can continue to push on and have a bright future.

• 2 weeks later...

How has Layton not made that squad?? Anyway well done Darnell and will look forward to seeing the other guy

Think he has done enough to make the squad against the bigger teams so others being given a chance against the minnows - 50 players in the overall squad so a case of giving everyone a chance I suppose

Archived