Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

Standers in N block ejected, Banned and cancelled season tickets

I say good on the lads in N block,they are creating an atmosphere,the more people they can get in there standing the better off they will be,there is safety in numbers that is why the stewards can't do anything about L block standing.

Was great in parts today, especially after we scored. More people stood as well today which I think is because some were booted out last week. The steward with the specs only came and asked us to sit at the start and he just got the "stand up if you love Leicester chant" and then he went back down. Two different stewards (one a manager) came up during HT but we still stood the second half. 

Thanks L block for the "Jump up if you love Leicester" chant too ;)

Any casualties today?

Nope 

Was great in parts today, especially after we scored. More people stood as well today which I think is because some were booted out last week. The steward with the specs only came and asked us to sit at the start and he just got the "stand up if you love Leicester chant" and then he went back down. Two different stewards (one a manager) came up during HT but we still stood the second half. 

Thanks L block for the "Jump up if you love Leicester" chant too ;)

Nope 

Good to hear. I looked over in that direction and seen a steward up there next to you lot. Keep it up lads!

I can't really see the reasoning behind n block. I mean if you want to stand fine. But as far as singing goes i doubt there will much cohesion between n and L .

I can see a petty rivalry forming almost.

we always join in with L? We're just trying to spread the atmosphere. We try and start chants even new ones at times too

People at football grounds often like to stand, to ignore and dismiss this salient fact is idiocy.

The Safe Standing campaign is gathering pace and earning plenty of positive press coverage, to tell people to 'sit down or bog off' in light of all this is the mark of a moron.

I don't think he's a moron, he's talking common sense. The fact is whether the safe standing campaign is gathering strength or not, or like it or not, its an all seater stadium and the club has to abide by the rules, both for 'Health and Safety' rules and what customers have paid for. I used to like standing but physically can't for 90 mimutes now, so, having paid x amount of hundred pounds for mine and my sons season tickets for  seats, I expect to be able to sit down and watch a football match without several of 'Dangerous Tigers' 'morons' standing up and blocking my view. If 'safe standing' does come in I will be be very happy for those that want to use it and understand why they would want, but until then...bog off!

I don't think he's a moron, he's talking common sense. The fact is whether the safe standing campaign is gathering strength or not, or like it or not, its an all seater stadium and the club has to abide by the rules, both for 'Health and Safety' rules and what customers have paid for. I used to like standing but physically can't for 90 mimutes now, so, having paid x amount of hundred pounds for mine and my sons season tickets for seats, I expect to be able to sit down and watch a football match without several of 'Dangerous Tigers' 'morons' standing up and blocking my view. If 'safe standing' does come in I will be be very happy for those that want to use it and understand why they would want, but until then...bog off!

That was a relatively sensible post until the last two words. I completely understand why people would want to sit - be it for comfort, medical or simply preference reasons - and there is plenty of accommodation for those who wish to sit.

But have fun with that game without all these standing fans. You'll miss us when we're gone.

I'd just like to point out that some of us are also physically incapable of sitting for 90 minutes. Should we bog off too?

I can't really see the reasoning behind n block. I mean if you want to stand fine. But as far as singing goes i doubt there will much cohesion between n and L .

I can see a petty rivalry forming almost.

To be honest I can see it working like Forest A Block and Pye corner to be honest. Works well there dear I say it. Keep it up lads. Forest at home next should be lively.

i and my lad moved from the kop last season from forest game onwards , and the standing has helped ,we must keep it up , The next home league game against forest should be good ,the stewards will have to much trouble watching what the scum are up to ,so i dont think speccy steward will bother :bounce:

i and my lad moved from the kop last season from forest game onwards , and the standing has helped ,we must keep it up , The next home league game against forest should be good ,the stewards will have to much trouble watching what the scum are up to ,so i dont think speccy steward will bother :bounce:

Good on you! Lets not give in 

I have yet to hear an intelligent and considered argument against safe standing.

People who are opposed to it need to realise what a stadium with safe standing areas would actually mean. It would mean that they would be far less likely to encounter people standing in a seated area as they would kept separate; nobody would be forced to stand by people in front of them, fans who want to stand would be able to do so without any arguments or confrontations. It's the common sense solution.

Until the authorities see sense and introduce it, fans will stand. It's fact. As much as DT and Volpe wish that they would all 'bog off', along with 90% of any atmosphere I might add, it's simply not going to happen. Compromise and a bit of give and take are the order of the day, find deserted areas of the stadium such as SK1 and the back of N Block if you wish to stand and try to avoid those areas if you wish to sit.

We're probably talking about ten rows in SK1 and N1, and the rear half of L and K as the main places where you're going to struggle to sit down. I think we're literally talking about 4-5,000 places where sitting isn't going to be easy and well over 20,000 where you can sit without any problems of people blocking your view, unless you're sat behind a particularly tall sort. Perhaps people six feet and over should bog off as well, lanky bastards.

GroundPlan.png

The stadium plan shows that if you want to sit, you are absolutely spoiled for choice. Ten rows of N and SK1 and about half of L and K are for standing fans, the overwhelming majority of the rest is for people who wish to sit. It's not the crisis some are making it out to be, especially with 10,000 empty seats at most games.

I don't want to come across as condescending but I probably will anyway, but the people against Safe Standing are ignorant about the whole thing. It benefits both those who'd rather stand that are made to sit, and those who'd rather sit that are made to stand. It's a common sense solution and the authorities' ignorance to it is astounding.

I completely agree with safe standing. For all the reasons Bilo stated above.

Let's face it.... Some people stand don't they..... That won't go away.

It makes far more sense to have designated areas for standers and for sitters, then the two groups can be happy at games and we can all get on with it.

It must be safe as they can make it. Nothing is ever completely safe. But it needs to happen sooner rather than later IMO.

As I said last week, the problem will be the Health and Safety Brigade. Unless all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed, they will drag their heels, bleating on about risk-assessment and what could happen if, etc.....

If it's gonna happen, it needs to happen, let's just get on with it.

To my mind, having safe standing areas would probably be safer than a lot of people trying to stand where seats are.

I completely agree with safe standing. For all the reasons Bilo stated above.

Let's face it.... Some people stand don't they..... That won't go away.

It makes far more sense to have designated areas for standers and for sitters, then the two groups can be happy at games and we can all get on with it.

It must be safe as they can make it. Nothing is ever completely safe. But it needs to happen sooner rather than later IMO.

As I said last week, the problem will be the Health and Safety Brigade. Unless all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed, they will drag their heels, bleating on about risk-assessment and what could happen if, etc.....

If it's gonna happen, it needs to happen, let's just get on with it.

To my mind, having safe standing areas would probably be safer than a lot of people trying to stand where seats are.

Exactly. The current attitude of the Gov't, FA, FL, PL and Hillsborough Support Group is utterly negligent.

I think in terms of the fans, the argument has been won.

It's a small minority of fans who oppose safe standing now, and they're more or less irrelevant in the debate as their arguments are so readily discredited.

The problem is, as Col says, the H&S brigade. That being said; H&S is at least as big a concern in Germany as it is in England, and Scotland's top clubs have already begun making moves towards safe standing in their stadia. One thing the H&S bods won't be short of is successful case studies, nobody falls down rows of seats during goal celebrations in German safe standing areas and no seats can be used as missiles, so even Millwall could have safe standing. :)

It's clear that we are edging closer to having safe standing and the opposition to it is falling away; of the organisations C-Man has posted above, I think only the HSG are close-minded to reintroducing safe standing. With all due respect to them, they're not all that relevant in the debate any more unless a media outlet wants an emotive 'anti' soundbite. All it really means is that Liverpool will be among the last to reintroduce it, which is a shame. A new all-standing Kop at Anfield would be the dog's dangly bits.

Agree with this.My son is 6 and tiny.We sit in the family stand at the back on the aisle. At the Huddersfield game, a load of blokes stood in the aisle at the back armed with bottles of singha. But they stood going 4 rows down. I don't expect good language at the ground but their language was as bad as mine on a night out and worse. . Every obscenity you can imagine constantly including what they would do to player's mothers. I was in fact asking them to move when Vardy scored so we both missed that. They did apologise and moved back but kept drifting forwards meaning I repeatedly had to ask them to move and the more they drunk the less the cared. My son couldnt see the goal or half the pitch. I agree with safe standing in the right areas but not the family stand. Nb they had a token kid with them but moreso groups of people are borrowing a kid to get the cheap tickets in the fs. Whoops not sure why my quote turned into 2 posts

Archived