Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

Standers in N block ejected, Banned and cancelled season tickets

The main problem is that the family stand is next to the away fans

It's stupid

Kop and family stand should be swapped and kops should be able to stand

I think the campaign for safe standing has a much better chance of success if, at least for the time being,  supporters of that idea forgot about moving the Kop.   Both Safety Officers and the police are nervous enough of the potential risks that standing would bring without adding in additional risk.

I think the campaign for safe standing has a much better chance of success if, at least for the time being,  supporters of that idea forgot about moving the Kop.   Both Safety Officers and the police are nervous enough of the potential risks that standing would bring without adding in additional risk.

In fairness, an all standing Kop end with 8,000 people on it would have a better atmosphere than anywhere we currently have. That's irrespective of where it's situated within the stadium.

Off the subject a bit, or should I say heated debate, but is the family stand in the best place at present, not for any other reason than is behind a goal the safest place to put young kids, I have lost count of the amount of times kids have been hurt by being hit by a ball, normally during the prematch warm up.

Off the subject a bit, or should I say heated debate, but is the family stand in the best place at present, not for any other reason than is behind a goal the safest place to put young kids, I have lost count of the amount of times kids have been hurt by being hit by a ball, normally during the prematch warm up.

So many reasons why it's the wrong place for a Family Stand.

That being said, it's quite common for a Family Stand to be behind a goal as they're invariably the place to buy the cheapest tickets. It was an identical set-up at Filbert Street in that regard, the main difference was is that there was always a big 'buffer zone' of fans between the Family Stand and the away fans on the Pop Side/East Stand.

Im a supporter of safe standing and think in time it will come.

The obvious "Kop and family stand change" would be perfect, but is unlikely.

My only concern with the N block standers is, does it pose a risk to the families?

Ive never been in the family stand (that and the away section are the only ones i havent been in) and its not a personal issue, however i would be concerned that by putting "vocal" and somewhat "intimidating" home fans both sides of the away fans, may increase the likelihood of trouble coming toward the family stand from the awayers.

At the moment, those in the away section that want to "big it up" are completely focused over to L/K, and the people in there know what to expect, eg language/threats/the occasional coin/flare/cup/sandwich bag. Do the N block standers run the risk of making these things a threat to families if we are aggravating them from both sides?

We also must accept that families, and catering to them, is an essential part of the future of our club, its not like the 50s-80s where "going to the football on Satdy" was what you just did, now there are myriad choices for entertainment and if we dont catch them early, we run the risk of not having fans (and therefore a club) in 30 years.

Im a supporter of safe standing and think in time it will come.

The obvious "Kop and family stand change" would be perfect, but is unlikely.

My only concern with the N block standers is, does it pose a risk to the families?

Ive never been in the family stand (that and the away section are the only ones i havent been in) and its not a personal issue, however i would be concerned that by putting "vocal" and somewhat "intimidating" home fans both sides of the away fans, may increase the likelihood of trouble coming toward the family stand from the awayers.

At the moment, those in the away section that want to "big it up" are completely focused over to L/K, and the people in there know what to expect, eg language/threats/the occasional coin/flare/cup/sandwich bag. Do the N block standers run the risk of making these things a threat to families if we are aggravating them from both sides?

We also must accept that families, and catering to them, is an essential part of the future of our club, its not like the 50s-80s where "going to the football on Satdy" was what you just did, now there are myriad choices for entertainment and if we dont catch them early, we run the risk of not having fans (and therefore a club) in 30 years.

A good post and I do agree that families should not be subjected to abuse or worse. Harry's idea of moving the Family Stand two blocks over so the JTT section is included in a kind of enclosure is a sound one, it would free up N and P for extra atmosphere and create the kind of 'buffer' between families and away fans we had at Filbert Street.

The highlighted sentence is also a fair point but the club does plenty to attract, pretty much its entire marketing ethos is aimed towards parents and families. The problem is that the club appears to do little to attract young adults who are beginning to come without their parents, and I'd even be inclined to agree with DavieG's earlier point that they almost appear hostile to fans who wish to create an atmosphere by standing and singing. They've made L1 season ticket only, ticket prices in K are a rip-off and they're quick to hurl out standers in N and SK1, even if the latter is at the furthest possible point from the away fans.

I feel that the clubs' attempts to catch fans early will only be partially successful if they alienate people who grow out of face painting and Filbert Fox, and want to come with their friends instead of their parents once they hit their teenage years. As you say, there are plenty of other things they could do on a Saturday and if the club continue to treat young lads poorly, that's exactly what they will do.

Club seem to be cracking down on this a bit by the looks of things.....

As part of its on-going commitment to enhance the matchday experience of supporters, Leicester City Football Club will be carrying out ticket sale audits in the Family Stand.

The Club is keen to encourage more families to attend matches at King Power Stadium with the promise of a safe and fun, family-friendly environment that is enjoyable for all the family at an affordable price.

The Family Stand is clearly central to that focus, and to maintain that integrity, adult supporters are not permitted to purchase a ticket in that area of the stadium without an accompanying concession.

It has become apparent that a noticeable number of ‘non-family groups’ and adults purchasing single match tickets have been using these areas.

With that in mind and in the interest of fairness for all supporters, adults sitting in the Family Stand without and Under-18 as part of their party will need to relocate to another section of the stadium.

To further ensure that supporters in the Family Stand are being given the best-possible matchday experience, the Club will also be introducing the following measures:

-Tickets for the Family Stand will no longer be available to purchase online, and supporters wishing to sit in these sections must call the Sales Centre on 0844 815 500 or visit the City Fanstore at King Power Stadium.

- Spot-checks will be conducted throughout King Power Stadium and upon entry on matchdays to ensure supporters are entering the stadium using the correct tickets. Supporters are advised to bring proof of age in case a Club Official approaches them.

- If supporters are unable to provide a proof of age that supports their concession ticket, they will be required to upgrade to a full adult ticket and relocate to another area of the ground if appropriate.

The purpose of these measures are to ensure that family groups continue to have access to an enjoyable matchday experience at King Power Stadium, and persistent offenders in these areas will face the possibility of ejection from the stadium.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/061113-family-stand-ticket-audit-1158853.aspx#zzzyE2f3kPKuk7Rk.99

You're never fair when it comes to the club you just blindly support whatever they do.

The Club are well within a legal right to let as many fans stand as they want. Persistant standing is not illegal, it's only against their rules that they have set themselves.

Standing either side of the away fans should never be discouraged let alone stopped. It's their own bloody fault, if they didn't want people standing in the family stand then they should have made the South or West Stands the family enclosure.

Actually, any health and safety inspector who attended an all seater stadium that allowed persistent standing would tell it to change it's policy or shut it down immediatley, so it's not really the clubs decision, do you not find it strange no all seater stadiums openly allow standing? 

Although I am with you in your opinion that the club are successfully and quite covertly attempting to turn the atmosphere at the King Power into one you see at a womens Olympic Games group stage match. And they've been at it for years.

At no point did I suggest we move the away fans so I'm not sure why you went on to talk about that.

You speak as if moving the family stand would be problematic which I fail to see myself, removing the block(s) nearest the away fans and tacking on A block would suffice - that way we can allow standers into N block while protecting the kids and still have the club shop entrance which seems so important - and is it really that important anyway?

Anyway, here's a nice map of what I'm suggesting:

tumblr_mv3mznT7TV1rx0g0oo1_r1_400.jpg

No offence but you seem pretty intent on hammering those who want to stand in N block while I'm trying to accommodate the wants of everyone involved. You want to ban people, I want to allow everyone to enjoy the game in the manner they want.

Bump, in response to request from the other thread

I think its fine as long as they re-locate you all to the standing area in L or K. That is after all what you want to stand at games.

Just re the point about the club letting people stand, nobody will give a shit about this hut it may give some pause for thought.

I previously worked for an insurance company who carried out a pre cover survey at a new all seater football stadium at the time in league 2. The initial survey ended with a premium calculation of £65k. Part of the terms were to survey during a match to identify any further h&s exposure. This club also had a tolerated standing section and following the discovery of this, the lead underwriter increased the premium by £25k.

Now that was for a league 2 ground with a capacity far lower than ours with a standing section that was probably smaller than that in the family stand.

I am pretty certain that we have similar issues regarding insurance premium and the emergance of another standing section would probably load the price again.

Coupled with the fact that I know they have had at least one complaint from supporters in that stand, the likelyhood if this being allowed to carry on was slim to zero.

Never due to the netting they put up behind the goals... Same goes for the kop too.

Archived