Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Renart

Burnley V QPR

Ok. I know it is still early in the season and there are an awful lot of 'ifs' and 'buts' in this but what do people want to happen in this game and what do they think will happen? 

Would we rather Burnley beat QPR and for us to potentially move above them (QPR - albeit with them having a game in hand) or are we already thinking that the likelihood is that QPR are going to win the league anyway and we are better off with them taking points off potential rivals (Burnley) for the 2nd spot or do we think that a draw would be best all round (with us potentially moving above QPR anyway).

I get the feeling that Burnley will drop away anyway (my opinion) and so I would like to see them beat QPR whilst they (Burnley) are on a good run of form and, therefore, keep us closer to the team that I think will be up there at the end of the season. Should we even be considering a top 2 finish? Am I dreaming? Are we the team that is likely to drop away? 

I know, I know, it really doesn't matter that much; all that is important is that we keep winning our games but we come on here to discuss football and for me it is an interesting game because, to-be-honest, Burnley have shocked me so far; they are not a team I though I would be considering. 

Anyway, just a bit of fun, and before it leveled at me, I know it is a pointless thread.

What I want:

Burnley 2 - 0 QPR

Reality:

Burnley 1 - 3 QPR

Ok. I know it is still early in the season and there are an awful lot of 'ifs' and 'buts' in this but what do people want to happen in this game and what do they think will happen? 

Would we rather Burnley beat QPR and for us to potentially move above them (QPR - albeit with them having a game in hand) or are we already thinking that the likelihood is that QPR are going to win the league anyway and we are better off with them taking points off potential rivals (Burnley) for the 2nd spot or do we think that a draw would be best all round (with us potentially moving above QPR anyway).

I get the feeling that Burnley will drop away anyway (my opinion) and so I would like to see them beat QPR whilst they (Burnley) are on a good run of form and, therefore, keep us closer to the team that I think will be up there at the end of the season. Should we even be considering a top 2 finish? Am I dreaming? Are we the team that is likely to drop away? 

I know, I know, it really doesn't matter that much; all that is important is that we keep winning our games but we come on here to discuss football and for me it is an interesting game because, to-be-honest, Burnley have shocked me so far; they are not a team I though I would be considering. 

Anyway, just a bit of fun, and before it leveled at me, I know it is a pointless thread.

What I want:

Burnley 2 - 0 QPR

Reality:

Burnley 1 - 3 QPR

I'm not sure what i'd rather happen. This league is so unpredictable that one off results have little impact on a season but if we're to think QPR are going to be in the top 2 all season then Burnley winning might be ideal. I am a huge fan of Sean Dyche and if he keeps Burnley in the top 6 all season then he's a wizard. Very much like Freedman was doing with Palace, a good start can set the tone for the season so don't assume they'll fall away. Blackpool are more likely to slip away because they just don't have the squad nor the manager to punch that far above their weight, but Burnley have a great blend there.

I'd much rather QPR kept in check and for it to be tight at the top than to let them pull clear and us worry about nicking 2nd place, it's too dangerous and you only have to look at Watford who were the best side in the league last year but didn't get near Cardiff and then got done at death to finish 3rd, very hard to take.

Most important think of course is for us to just keep our heads down and keep winning. If we keep up our current form we will be top 2 before long. We are already distancing ourselves from 7th too!

This game, I would prefer if QPR win, or a draw - it would keep us just 2-3 points behind automatics instead of 4, albeit with an inferior goal difference. I think QPR will eventually run away with it, and Burnley will settle into the playoff spots.

I see QPR as title contenders and Burnley as a decent team on a good run so would rather see QPR drop the points.

The real question is, are we title contenders or a decent team on a good run.

We've not played anyone decent yet, November and December are huge months and I have a feeling we'll be on the outskirts of the top 6 by then.

We've not played anyone decent yet, November and December are huge months and I have a feeling we'll be on the outskirts of the top 6 by then.

Yup, what happens in our games against these 2 will be more relevant than what happens in this match.

Yup, what happens in our games against these 2 will be more relevant than what happens in this match.

If we can nick points off Watford, Forest, Reading and QPR then we'll be laughing. I'm concerned that we play them in quick succession that the wheels could come off though, but then again we've enjoyed a run of easier games on paper and we've done ourselves proud so far so can't complain. I still worry about us, i'm not as confident as some and it might come across as criticism but i'm just worried to believe in us again.

Whatever happens i'll be bang up for it though as they've proven me seriously wrong so far so fair play to the lads.

Burnley wont be able to keep their current run of form up all season long, and in truth if their finish top 6 Dyche has done a cracking job.

The QPR game could be the start of a change in fortunes for them.

Burnley for me to nick it 1-0

I cant believe QPR are as short as Even money with some bookmakers to win the championship...absolute ludicrous price knowing how this league works!! 

I only have limited knowledge of the bookies.

But I though the way it worked was the more money thay take on a team the less the odds.

So is it not the punters making the price and the bookies reacting to that.

After all the bookies could make barnsley evens to win it but no one would take it.

The nuetrals have made QPR evens not the bookies.

QPR will beat them they should win the league with the players they have.

Burnley have exceeded expectations but I

Suspect that after January they will struggle

They will lose their key players to prem teams.

That second automatic promotion spot is up for grabs and it will be us that gets it imo

Archived