Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mike the Metal Ed

FA Cup 13/14

Just turned on to watch the Everton game, heard Clarke Carlisle's voice and instantly turned off.

He tries to sound like a stereotypical commentator and it just doesn't work.

At least Matterface is better than the last game he covered.

Just turned on to watch the Everton game, heard Clarke Carlisle's voice and instantly turned off.

He tries to sound like a stereotypical commentator and it just doesn't work.

At least Matterface is better than the last game he covered.

Really? He's miles better than Townsend.

I was thinking the day, I wish channels would give you sounds options for matches. One option to have the match with all the ambient stadium sounds and no commentary and one with commentary. I find I pay attention to games a lot more when I'm not listening to verbal diahorrea and cliches.

I was thinking the day, I wish channels would give you sounds options for matches. One option to have the match with all the ambient stadium sounds and no commentary and one with commentary. I find I pay attention to games a lot more when I'm not listening to verbal diahorrea and cliches.

BBC and Sky used to didn't they?

So what are we hoping the draw to be

Man City v Arsenal/Liverpool

Sheffield Wednesday/Charlton v Nottingham Forest/Sheffield Wednesday

Wigan v Everton

Brighton/Hull v Sunderland

It will be interesting if Sheff wed beat Charlton and then beat forest.

Sheff wed versus themselves.

You can usually tell the standard of a club's fans by the amount of police on the streets in Sheffield on a matchday, and I can tell you it's thronging with them for Forest today - probably the most I've ever seen, including local derbies. Saw one simulating sex with one of the police horses earlier - probably some "banter" with a passing Derby fan or something. At least he didn't punch it, I guess.

On the bright side, they're looking crap against a poor Sheff Utd. team at the minute, albeit ahead. They should be there for the taking on Wednesday, fingers crossed.

Archived