Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cincinnati Fox

Who told current owners to bring nigel back?

It just shows how clueless our club were. Open to suggestions by our club ambassador who ultimately is employed to talk shit to the family stand on matchdays.

The poster who mentioned the foxestalk poll wouldn't have been far off in his guess!

I like Birch and love Pearson but you get what I mean.

I can never ever understand clubs who make sackings without a few lined up to replace him.

It's all worked out well (to an extent) but that's seriously unprofessional.

Well wasn't it Tops son who basically fired Sven in a fit of pique? (if you believe Sven which I don't)

So if that was actually true then they wouldn't have had replacements ready.

Or you could  look at it that they tried hiring someone based on looking at the papers and that's how they ended up with Sven, so involving people who knew the club well made some sense.

Does anyone know if Pearson was their first choice?

I did genuinely believe back then that MON would return. Though I did have my reservations whether he should or not.

Someone I know who owns one of the boxes apparently had a contact in the club who let slip that MON had been approached, well before NP was signed. Of course, I have no idea how valid this is, or whether MON rejected an offer or an offer simply wasn't made, but I think its highly unlikely NP was first choice...

I can never ever understand clubs who make sackings without a few lined up to replace him.

It's all worked out well (to an extent) but that's seriously unprofessional.

The owners panicked after the Millwall game. Had it been 1-0 I reckon they would've stuck with Sven longer, but the manner and more importantly the scoreline made the difference.

i think you'll find there is a thai lad named Puchon who works at the training ground . he was and still is imo the eyes of the thais !! he knew the general feelings at the club/training ground about Pearsons departure and was instrument in his return . ok the Burch might've had his say but it was Puch who knew of nigel's close relationship with the staff at the club while he was at hull . if there was a night out or party , Nigel was there . there was strong feelings for nigel at the club while he wasn't manager and thats the reason for his return, nearly all at lcfc wanted him back ! in their opinion he should never have been sacked  . 100% fact 

i think you'll find there is a thai lad named Puchon who works at the training ground . he was and still is imo the eyes of the thais !! he knew the general feelings at the club/training ground about Pearsons departure and was instrument in his return . ok the Burch might've had his say but it was Puch who knew of nigel's close relationship with the staff at the club while he was at hull . if there was a night out or party , Nigel was there . there was strong feelings for nigel at the club while he wasn't manager and thats the reason for his return, nearly all at lcfc wanted him back ! in their opinion he should never have been sacked  . 100% fact 

Remember this is Foxestalk, every man and his dog thinks he knows what is 100% I'd take your view on it though considering you're in our youth academy I believe?

i think you'll find there is a thai lad named Puchon who works at the training ground . he was and still is imo the eyes of the thais !! he knew the general feelings at the club/training ground about Pearsons departure and was instrument in his return . ok the Burch might've had his say but it was Puch who knew of nigel's close relationship with the staff at the club while he was at hull . if there was a night out or party , Nigel was there . there was strong feelings for nigel at the club while he wasn't manager and thats the reason for his return, nearly all at lcfc wanted him back ! in their opinion he should never have been sacked . 100% fact

Is that a fact, just like the time when you were telling Ramadaone he didn't know what he was talking about regarding getting Cat one academy.

When in truth it was you who were wrong.

Do you mean Puchong Masayavanich an assistant club secretary ?

I may have totally got this wrong, but around the time Nige was pushed out the door and Sousa was bought in wasn't it also the time Milan was looking to sell the club and almost had sold the club to the Raksriaksorn's also the rumour at the time was that the Raksriaksorn's had suggest/demanded/instructed MM to do so?

Or was the rumour that Milan got Sousa in as a more well known name (In the fact he'd won the Champions League as a player) and make the club a more 'attractive' to sell?

So perhaps when it was seen Sousa wasn't working they got rid (Think the club was still in MM hands then though :dunno) then we bought Sven in, that didn't work, tried looking around, tried getting MON in, that didn't happen so perhaps then the Raksriaksorn's swallowed their pride, saw Nigel done a good job with us and had unfinished business and bought him back? :dunno:

Like I say, I may have that totally wrong.

Do you mean Puchong Masayavanich an assistant club secretary ?

yes , nice person . the feeling around the training ground and the form/results after spoke for themselves . i know nigel was in touch all the time with the training ground due most being friends not just colleagues . yes neville had his say too , burch etc etc , the whole of the training ground , players included voiced out for his return , i know that is true . puchong is at the training ground quite alot still, he has eyes and ears , he knew the feelings of the club at that time . 

Lee Clarke came out at the time and made a big song and dance about turning Leicester down if I remember rightly.

I don't know if MON was approached or not but Clarke seems to have been either first or second choice.  Personally, looking at his record at the time, I was very relieved he turned us down.  His record with Huddersfield was nothing to get too excited about and he has hardly pulled up any trees since.

I was chuffed with Pearson when he was reappointed, and apart from a wobble in my faith towards the end of last season, I'm chuffed with him now.

They were in danger of losing the fans at that point having sacked Sven without a replacement lined up. Nige was struggling with Hull having had a terrible first season with them and maybe realised that he was on a hiding to nothing there. There were clearly enough fans at Leicester who held NP in high esteem after his promotion and play off consecutive seasons but the fact they paid a million a year for him suggests he wasn't sure it was the right move and still needed tempting away - whoever's idea it was, it was probably the only thing left to do at the time. With no football people in the boardroom it would have been almost impossible to spot and then lure an upcoming talent like Brendan Rogers or even Adkins etc and so my suggestion is it was a collective decision borne out of desperation.

Archived