Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

2 hours ago, Sloth said:

Bit behind the times on these lol, but just completed the first Borderlands and about to start the second one. Just mindless fun which is what games should be about.

Many happy memories playing Borderlands over the years, great stuff!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Just got Mortal Shell as noticed it was on GamePass.  Bit clunky and lacking the depth of Souls games, but a fantastic challenge none the less.  Looking at you @Legend_in_blue to have given this a go.

Not yet.  lol

I think it's free on PS+ for December.  The games were supposedly leaked at the weekend, pretty sure this is one of the titles included.

I'm too busy finishing AC Valhalla, Jedi Fallen Order and I've just picked up Spiderman Ultimate Ed. in the Black Friday sales.  

I will add it to my library and get to it at some point!

4 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

On sale on xbox. Semi-tempted.

Put me off....

I paid £25 for it.  At this price point or lower I would say go for it.  In terms of money's worth per hour played at least.

In all seriousness, it is a decent game if you can see past the usual Ubisoft ploy of putting in too much to do.  You'll love the cairns lol

I've just finished everything in terms of quests and collectibles for the base game.  Done in just under 126 hours. 

Now to get those remaining trophies.  Sadly, another 12 still to clear before platinum.  Another 5 hours then? lol

Edited by Legend_in_blue

11 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I paid £25 for it.  At this price point or lower I would say go for it.  In terms of money's worth per hour played at least.

In all seriousness, it is a decent game if you can see past the usual Ubisoft ploy of putting in too much to do.  You'll love the cairns lol

I've just finished everything in terms of quests and collectibles for the base game.  Done in just under 126 hours. 

Now to get those remaining trophies.  Sadly, another 12 still to clear before platinum.  Another 5 hours then? lol

Them bastard Cairns. Some were easy an then there were some that would take me at least 30 mins. When you carefully place the last one and it all comes crashing down just makes you want to cry 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I completely feel his crusade against identikit "sandbox" games atm. 

it certainly feels like they're following a formula now, and i could almost forgive that but for a supposed triple a publisher, valhalla looks rushed. some textures are awful. i quite liked the story but i got bored of go here and complete this area, then do it again quite quickely. gave up after i did the first 2 counties. im also not a fan of these events they have in game, halloween shite etc. let me play the game, stop prolonging the experience. 

went back to kingdom come deliverence, enjoying it so much more. might even finish it this time lol 

3 minutes ago, Beliall said:

it certainly feels like they're following a formula now, and i could almost forgive that but for a supposed triple a publisher, valhalla looks rushed. some textures are awful. i quite liked the story but i got bored of go here and complete this area, then do it again quite quickely. gave up after i did the first 2 counties. im also not a fan of these events they have in game, halloween shite etc. let me play the game, stop prolonging the experience. 

went back to kingdom come deliverence, enjoying it so much more. might even finish it this time lol 

It's not even just ubisoft (although ubisoft are the worst for it, I just don't buy their titles anymore) though Tbf. Everyone made such a big deal about Ghosts of Tsushima but that just should have been called Ghosts Recon of Tsushima tbh, it was just another generic sandbox once you got over the initial novelty of the combat being fun (which lasted about an hour.)

If it didn't shamelessly pander to gaming nerds Japan boner it wouldn't have even half the hype. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's not even just ubisoft (although ubisoft are the worst for it, I just don't buy their titles anymore) though Tbf. Everyone made such a big deal about Ghosts of Tsushima but that just should have been called Ghosts Recon of Tsushima tbh, it was just another generic sandbox once you got over the initial novelty of the combat being fun (which lasted about an hour.)

If it didn't shamelessly pander to gaming nerds Japan boner it wouldn't have even half the hype. 

Relief to find someone else found that game utterly mediocre.  Praying Elden Ring doesn't fall into that trap.

Edited by Zear0

3 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Relief to find someone else found that game utterly mediocre.  Praying Elden Ring doesn't fall into that trap.

Well no but that's just going to be as equally unoriginal. Instead of being a reskinned Far Cry game it's going to be a reskinned Dark Souls. 

The industry has gotten so fvcking lazy and risk averse now that its worth multiple billions of dollars. 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Well no but that's just going to be as equally unoriginal. Instead of being a reskinned Far Cry game it's going to be a reskinned Dark Souls. 

The industry has gotten so fvcking lazy and risk averse now that its worth multiple billions of dollars. 

Thought I'd do an experiment and see what was due out next year so googled "2022 games" and the first clickbait guff had the following:

• Monster Hunter Rise - Sequel
  • Elden Ring - Sequel(ish)
  • Horizon Forbidden West - Sequel
  • GT7 - Sequel
  • Stalker 2 - Sequel (although bit of exception)
  • Starfield - Same as Elden Ring, "new game" but will be Space Fallout
  • Bomb Rush Cyberfunk - A NEW GAME!!!!!!!!
  • God of War - Sequel
  • Kerbal 2 - Sequel

So yeah...novelty is in scarce supply.  I'll just keep my eye out for some of the gems of recent years that have taken me.  Firewatch, Control, A Short Hike, Golf Story and Hellblade for example.  Not your AAA games, but just really brilliant games.

8 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Thought I'd do an experiment and see what was due out next year so googled "2022 games" and the first clickbait guff had the following:

• Monster Hunter Rise - Sequel
  • Elden Ring - Sequel(ish)
  • Horizon Forbidden West - Sequel
  • GT7 - Sequel
  • Stalker 2 - Sequel (although bit of exception)
  • Starfield - Same as Elden Ring, "new game" but will be Space Fallout
  • Bomb Rush Cyberfunk - A NEW GAME!!!!!!!!
  • God of War - Sequel
  • Kerbal 2 - Sequel

So yeah...novelty is in scarce supply.  I'll just keep my eye out for some of the gems of recent years that have taken me.  Firewatch, Control, A Short Hike, Golf Story and Hellblade for example.  Not your AAA games, but just really brilliant games.

There is a game called The Callisto Protocol possibly coming out in 2022, being made by a company that was founded by the same guy who co-created Dead Space

He apparently wants it to be the scariest next gen game ever

Just now, moore_94 said:

There is a game called The Callisto Protocol possibly coming out in 2022, being made by a company that was founded by the same guy who co-created Dead Space

He apparently wants it to be the scariest next gen game ever

Never heard of that.  Just looked it up and seeing it's from a co-creator of Dead Space has peaked my interest.  Thanks!

That did give me flashbacks to getting the achievement on Dead Space 2 where you had limited saves.  Nearly threw the 360 out the window when I saved before disc 2 not knowing you get a freebie at that point.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Never heard of that.  Just looked it up and seeing it's from a co-creator of Dead Space has peaked my interest.  Thanks!

That did give me flashbacks to getting the achievement on Dead Space 2 where you had limited saves.  Nearly threw the 360 out the window when I saved before disc 2 not knowing you get a freebie at that point.

Dead Space is being redone on PS5 and the small black bin.  Looks quality although very little has been shown. Dead Space 2 is one of my fav all time games also.

Previous gen the only game worthy of  mention in the same mould would be Alien Isolation.  On hard difficulty it was an incredibly tense survival experience.  One of the best.

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Dead Space is being redone on PS5 and the small black bin.  Looks quality although very little has been shown. Dead Space 2 is one of my fav all time games also.

Previous gen the only game worthy of  mention in the same mould would be Alien Isolation.  On hard difficulty it was an incredibly tense survival experience.  One of the best.

I don’t think I ever actually finished Alien Isolation, stressed me out too much lol

The only good thing to come out of the AAA industry becoming so mediocre and samey is that the indie scene is flourishing, if you can escape the roguelike/rogue lite scene (which I actually quite enjoy because I pick and choose what titles I delve in to) there's a lot of really good, original stuff coming out all the time. Half life Alyx was brilliant as well semi recently. 

On 22/11/2021 at 15:23, kingcarr21 said:

Yea Jotunheim is a pain. Ive just been given Far Cry 6 for my birthday yesterday so i am starting to play that. I got bored of Persona 5 Strikers. I think a break from Persona is needed. Ill go back to it once ive done FC6.

Yes, definitely go back to it.  I had 12 trophies left to unlock before the platinum drops and I've spent no more than 2 hours clearing all of them apart from this damn fishing trophy.  Even Overdesign II was a piece of cake, did that in 2 mins.

I've found a list of locations and will work my way through until I've got all 19 types of fish.  I have 7 types already following farming for the fish needed for the offering mysteries.  So 12 to go... lol  I have read you can shoot the feckers as well with a bow instead of the fishing rod so will do that lol