Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

41 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Cheers for the advice guys. I’m guessing it’s one of those games that you can just jump straight into without playing any of the other Witcher games?

the story (stories) take place in the first books. the only thing you're missing is how he nad ciri came to know each other, which is in the book of short stories, sword of destiny, i think.. its also covered in the witcher tv series

12 minutes ago, Beliall said:

the story (stories) take place in the first books. the only thing you're missing is how he nad ciri came to know each other, which is in the book of short stories, sword of destiny, i think.. its also covered in the witcher tv series

Ahh might be worth giving the book a read or even the series a watch. Cheers Bel.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Just played through Firewatch on Game Pass, really short but great original storytelling. Can't think of many games I've thought of the storyline after I've completed it 

Quality game, quite liked the game concluding with some mystery regarding your "friend"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

Quality game, quite liked the game concluding with some mystery regarding your "friend"

Absolutely, weird but quite satisfying that there isn't really any closure. I also can't remember the last time I cared about what choices I was making throughout a game before. I remember giving Undertale a try after the internet went wild about it, of course like any RPG I was just destroying anything I came across then of course the game calls you an idiot for doing so but gave me zero incentive to go back and play through it how it's supposed to be played

The only thing I'd like more about Firewatch is if the choices made some sort of impact to the conversation at the end, but then because of how it ends I guess it's for the player to decide what happens in the future. Very clever stuff

Also, another win for Game Pass. I wanted to try Firewatch before but I've never seen it on sale and was a bit reluctant paying full price for what I'd heard was a very short game

3 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Just played through Firewatch on Game Pass, really short but great original storytelling. Can't think of many games I've thought of the storyline after I've completed it 

I might play this tomorrow seeing as im inside with Covid

• Like 1

Finished firetower this afternoon.

Really enjoyed it actually although didn't think it left any real mystery at the end like you guys, unless I missed something. 

Just started playing Greedfall for an hour. I think this is going to be very time consuming for me as I'm not really experienced in this type of game and the options are endless. 

It looks amazing though and I'm determined to give it a good go. 

22 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Finished firetower this afternoon.

Really enjoyed it actually although didn't think it left any real mystery at the end like you guys, unless I missed something. 

Firewatch? Glad you enjoyed it - I don't think it was too mysterious, more like lack of closure. However some of the events and conversations in the 2nd half of the game that seemed to ramp up at the end was I never sure if Delilah was a friend or foe. Could never tell if she really meant well with her decisions (past and present) or was always just out for herself, how she actually felt about Henry etc

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Firewatch? Glad you enjoyed it - I don't think it was too mysterious, more like lack of closure. However some of the events and conversations in the 2nd half of the game that seemed to ramp up at the end was I never sure if Delilah was a friend or foe. Could never tell if she really meant well with her decisions (past and present) or was always just out for herself, how she actually felt about Henry etc

Yea agree with about her. 

Was a good game. I really struggle with seeing games through so like that it was a lot shorter than most games. 

So i am now well into the Mass Effect Legendary edition. Never played the games. Ive finished ME1, decided to be a good boy and make all the choices a hero would make. First game was decent, combat was very easy, which i guess was to be expected seeing how old the game is. I wasnt too critical with it as i still felt it was a good game. You could see the reused map locations when travelling to different worlds and driving around doing the same things but again, i kept telling myself its an old game and ME2 is supposedly the pinnacle of the series. 

Loved the story of the first game, i really just wanted to carry on playing and see how it ended. Once ive gone through all 3 games as a hero ill do another playthrough being a renegade and making the evil choices. Bet it will be more fun.

So now i am into ME2 and i am expecting big things. my brother told me years ago that its a brilliant game and my Bro in Law thinks its the greatest game of that generation. I am only 5 hours in, barely scratched the game, currently recruiting my team.

Already i can see huge improvements compared to the first game. The combat in the first game was so easy i never used abilities, just run and shoot. ME2 however you certainly cant run and gun. I am playing on Normal mode and it is much better than ME1. I am getting cocky in ME2 and running out to fight (like in ME1) and finding myself rapidly losing health. Much more tactical in ME2 and always using abilities. Enemy AI is much improved also. I see there is now ammo consumption to think about which means using all your weapons. ME1 i only used the rifle, never felt the need to use any other weapon. ME2 i am using everything.

Love the fact i was able to import my ME1 character into ME2 to give me some bonuses and looks like i may be able to rekindle my relationship from ME1. 

So right now i am enjoying ME2 and i am expecting the story to really grip me once i get my teeth into the game.

Surveying planets for resources is much improved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

So I am now well into the Mass Effect Legendary edition.

These are a group of games that I never got round to playing on release. Would like to give them a go, but with the time that's passed since release as you mentioned and the prospective time to complete, I'm not sure I'd ever get through them. How long do you reckon the first one took you? 

Started The Witcher 3 after getting into the second season, so I imagine that'll take a fair bit of gaming effort if I ever want to see the end of it lol. Been playing Halo Multiplayer a lot and have recently jumped back on Sea of Thieves with some friends. 

1 hour ago, samlcfc said:

These are a group of games that I never got round to playing on release. Would like to give them a go, but with the time that's passed since release as you mentioned and the prospective time to complete, I'm not sure I'd ever get through them. How long do you reckon the first one took you? 

Started The Witcher 3 after getting into the second season, so I imagine that'll take a fair bit of gaming effort if I ever want to see the end of it lol. Been playing Halo Multiplayer a lot and have recently jumped back on Sea of Thieves with some friends. 

First game took approx 30 hours. I am 5 hours into ME2 and not done anything story wise so i can see this game taking a lot longer.

The Witcher 3 is brilliant. I would certainly make time to play through it. You can lose hours of play just with the Gwent card game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, samlcfc said:

If you have an Xbox or PC the Mass Effect Legendary Edition is being added to Game Pass in January

• Like 1

Been hooked on Inscryption's post-game roguelite mode lately.

It's hard to say too much about the game without ruining the story, but if you're already vaguely familiar with the game as a deck-builder where you play against a mysterious dungeon master in his small forest hut then you only really know the half of it, there are a couple of big changes to core elements throughout your playthrough.  Not the longest game by any stretch but good fun and the post-game adds value if you're a roguelite deckbuilder sucker like I am.

3 hours ago, samlcfc said:

Witcher 3 will take you longer.  No doubt about it.  I still haven't finished it, not the expansions.

ME123 will take you around 90 hours to do all of them including all bonus content depending on how you treat conversation options.  Sometimes I'd read the subtitles rather than let them run through but then I'd played them all before so that could be a time saver or sink depending on what you choose to do.  It's roughly 30 hours per game though.  To platinum I reckon add on another 6 hours.  I platinumed ME1 in under 2 additional hours having gone through from start to finish.  Trophy clear ups will relate to abilities used in combat on the whole.

Both great games though.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

First game took approx 30 hours. I am 5 hours into ME2 and not done anything story wise so i can see this game taking a lot longer.

The Witcher 3 is brilliant. I would certainly make time to play through it. You can lose hours of play just with the Gwent card game

The only thing I would advise for the trilogy relates to the side content now you're 5 hours into ME2.  The game dumps the dlc side missions on you from the get go and knowing what to do in the correct order is not clear at all.  Refer to an online guide for further details because otherwise some of it will not make narrative sense if you mistakenly do something before a certain point.  Once in the dlcs you can't get out until they're complete either.

For example do Normandy crash site very early on in ME2 and leave Citadel until the last thing you do in ME3 before the final mission.

The side content is brilliant, well worth the extra time.

• Like 1

Finished the first tomb raider of the rebooted lot, on to the second, they really are excellent games. the puzzles may not be on the level of the old one but they are still good additions to the series in their own right. 

• Like 1

On 04/01/2022 at 16:32, Beliall said:

Finished the first tomb raider of the rebooted lot, on to the second, they really are excellent games. the puzzles may not be on the level of the old one but they are still good additions to the series in their own right. 

The first tomb raider series was a classic

• Like 1

Largely really enjoying Halo Infinite multiplayer with friends, but is anyone else finding the matchmaking is pretty off? I'll have some games where the teams are very balanced, but often it'll put me against complete noobs and I'll win without breaking a sweat, or against absolute pros who seem to be able to kill you with 1/3 of a magazine of the standard rifle from a distance. The latter games are infuriating and I have to quit out before I bust my controller, even though that's always felt like a no-no within Halo multiplayer - even in casual matches

8 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Largely really enjoying Halo Infinite multiplayer with friends, but is anyone else finding the matchmaking is pretty off? I'll have some games where the teams are very balanced, but often it'll put me against complete noobs and I'll win without breaking a sweat, or against absolute pros who seem to be able to kill you with 1/3 of a magazine of the standard rifle from a distance. The latter games are infuriating and I have to quit out before I bust my controller, even though that's always felt like a no-no within Halo multiplayer - even in casual matches

I don't play multiplayer anymore, but I was a pro at Halo 3 which was - and still is by all accounts - the gold standard of Halo PVP. 

No co-op, no forge, broken theater, bare-bones custom games, little playlist variety, broken ranked system, 250ms servers, de-sync, broken melee, broken matchmaking, broken BTB, and lacking spartan customization is what a lot of people are moaning about online.

I'll stick to the campaign and stay in my single-player cave.