Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

22 minutes ago, Beliall said:

you may be interested in deathloop, new game in the same universe

Definitely. Arkane's stuff in general is great. IGN gave it a straight 10.0, which is almost unheard of. 

Unfortunately I don't have a PS5, rather a Series X - but it will eventually make its way across, y'know with Microsoft owning the publishers and all.

• Like 1

Started playing through the South Park games again over the weekend after realising I somehow never played the DLC for Fractured But Whole, so decided to just play through them both again

Just finished Stick of Truth after about 8 hours of playtime, for some reason since I first played it back in 2014 some of the scenes have been censored! Although not game ruining it does make those specific parts of the games disappointing, still a lot of fun though!

• Like 1

I’m embracing the digital age but hate paying over £40 for a game so the current Switch eshop sale is nice.

I picked up Super Mario Odyssey and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for £33 each.

Both seem mega games so far. 100 moons collected in Mario and up to world 2’s boss in DKC.

Edited by Oswinner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just finished the main story in GTA5. Finished it alot quicker than i remembered. Still an amazing game. Cant wait for GTA6. Bout time they released it.

Now to find something else to play to pass the time

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is currently on sale on Steam for another couple of hours, if you're looking for a triple A open worlder there's also a sale on the Sony PC ports on there right now too.  I'm very tempted to finally cave on picking up Days Gone.

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is currently on sale on Steam for another couple of hours, if you're looking for a triple A open worlder there's also a sale on the Sony PC ports on there right now too.  I'm very tempted to finally cave on picking up Days Gone.

I definitely recommend Days Gone, takes 2-3 hours to get into but after that you get sucked into playing for hours on end, think it was 50 hours+ to just finish the main game as well

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just finished the main story in GTA5. Finished it alot quicker than i remembered. Still an amazing game. Cant wait for GTA6. Bout time they released it.

Rockstar  Rinsestar

b6f671cf-0625-4f76-a7c0-f9499c87a14f.JPG.d5cb61dd9c0d9966f8a2c2addddfc22d.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Have you played Red Dead Redemption 2? 

On 23/09/2021 at 10:12, kingcarr21 said:

Its not my last trophy but i just dont see the point in carrying on. I got to 117 hours. The ending with the Animus is very interesting so make sure you carry on. Sigurds missions become very interesting

I was ready to throw the controller out yesterday.  This game is testing my patience in certain areas.  The cairn puzzle in Eurvicscire was ridiculously annoying.  I had it at one point of trying and then messed the button press and it all collapsed.  Fuming!  Took me about an hour in the end.  Then there's the chest in York that needs 3 keys.  Have 2 now but seriously to travel so far just to unlock one chest?  Takes the ****.  I'm at 92 hours now.

On 30/09/2021 at 15:52, Carl the Llama said:

I second Days Gone. Cant believe i enjoyed it as much as i did. The hordes are genuinely terrifying. 

On 30/09/2021 at 17:28, RoboFox said:

Rockstar  Rinsestar

b6f671cf-0625-4f76-a7c0-f9499c87a14f.JPG.d5cb61dd9c0d9966f8a2c2addddfc22d.JPG

Bloody hell never seen it like that. Proper cash cow lol

On 30/09/2021 at 19:24, buzzer_b said:

Have you played Red Dead Redemption 2? 

Yes, i wasn't keen on the previous RDR so i was reluctant to get it. Caved in and got it and was so bored the first couple of hours. I was on the verge of selling it when i thought i would give it another go. Once i got past the first 5 hours and the map opened up it turned into one of the best games ive played. Truly an incredible game.

On 02/10/2021 at 09:00, Legend_in_blue said:

I was ready to throw the controller out yesterday.  This game is testing my patience in certain areas.  The cairn puzzle in Eurvicscire was ridiculously annoying.  I had it at one point of trying and then messed the button press and it all collapsed.  Fuming!  Took me about an hour in the end.  Then there's the chest in York that needs 3 keys.  Have 2 now but seriously to travel so far just to unlock one chest?  Takes the ****.  I'm at 92 hours now.

Some of the Cairn stones are so frustrating. I managed to do them all but, like you, i spent plenty of time wanting to lob my controller out the window. Yea the chest needing the 3 keys was annoying also. I just got to the point where to platinum it i would have to spend so many hours just fishing. I hate fishing in real life so i thought **** that lol 

• Like 1

On 27/09/2021 at 20:19, moore_94 said:

Started playing through the South Park games again over the weekend after realising I somehow never played the DLC for Fractured But Whole, so decided to just play through them both again

Just finished Stick of Truth after about 8 hours of playtime, for some reason since I first played it back in 2014 some of the scenes have been censored! Although not game ruining it does make those specific parts of the games disappointing, still a lot of fun though!

Fractured but Whole and the 2 DLC's finished! Much longer than Stick of Truth as this took about 26 hours to complete but that was me being very thorough and getting all collectables etc. Just 3 trophies left to get but will need another playthrough which can wait for a while.

Anyone who likes South Park / turn based RPG's I would suggest giving it a go, I imagine you can get them pretty cheap now (pretty sure you can get Stick of Truth free with Fractured but Whole as well)

Think it is finally time to jump back into AC Valhalla, haven't touch it since Cyberpunk came out in December 2020 and played a lot of different games since then so will be great fun trying to get used to it again

41 minutes ago, Beliall said:

you managed a whole game? 

About 3 minutes in honesty. I haven’t played a PES game in about 10 years and was quite excited, can’t comment on the previous paid ones, but it is dreadful, even as a free title it’s just so bad in every aspect. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

About 3 minutes in honesty. I haven’t played a PES game in about 10 years and was quite excited, can’t comment on the previous paid ones, but it is dreadful, even as a free title it’s just so bad in every aspect. 

i always loved pes. its been tough watching it steadily decline year after year, this was the final nail. i could probably have learned the gameplay more and given it better chance but the blue and yellow everything, despite being horrible looking actually gave me a headache.. but my wife gifted me a copy of fifa 22, despite me saying i wasnt getting it this year because of them cutting the new stuff out of the PC version, and i have discovered in career mode , you can create a team and the mode it almost identical to PES master league, and im loving the nostalgia of it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

i always loved pes. its been tough watching it steadily decline year after year, this was the final nail. i could probably have learned the gameplay more and given it better chance but the blue and yellow everything, despite being horrible looking actually gave me a headache.. but my wife gifted me a copy of fifa 22, despite me saying i wasnt getting it this year because of them cutting the new stuff out of the PC version, and i have discovered in career mode , you can create a team and the mode it almost identical to PES master league, and im loving the nostalgia of it. 

I was quite surprised to see how downhill it has gone seeing as they have started picking up more and more licences, especially some of the exclusive Italian ones so even Fifa can’t use their team names etc.

11 hours ago, Beliall said:

Really?  How deep is it? I used to love FIFA career modes as a kid long before the games got ruined by the focus on online gambling. Haven't owned one in like a decade now but may reconsider if there's actually a campaign mode worth playing again.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Really?  How deep is it? I used to love FIFA career modes as a kid long before the games got ruined by the focus on online gambling. Haven't owned one in like a decade now but may reconsider if there's actually a campaign mode worth playing again.

well i always try out the fifa career mode each year and never get very far, im about 15 games in now with my squad of made up players plus a couple of guys i transferred in, pre and post match press conferences, training programs and schedules, player development is going well so far, got a couple of nice young prospects in the youth ranks too as well as scouting more. i stuck the team in league 2 and chose a half star rated squad with £1m starting budget (the lowest you can choose, it doesnt go very far) im honestly really enjoying chilling out on it in the evenings after doing the online fut thing for a bit. playing on world class which is my default setting and drawing and losing some games keeps it interesting. 
i think a large part of it is how much improved the AI is this year, games are genuinely good and dont feel at all cheaty when the AI scores a goal. first time i have settled into a career mode in many years. 

• Thanks 1