Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They released efootball far too early, I can get past the graphics looking like shit if there was actually something to do 

You played it? I've only read snippets of reviews about it which have not been flattering. Wondering if anyone here has dabbled first hand. 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Is Castolo still banging them in with assists from Minanda and Espimas? 

Because if not it can get in the bin. 

oh the memories, i might have to edit a couple of players names now

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They released efootball far too early, I can get past the graphics looking like shit if there was actually something to do 

its literally a demo, anything extra will be paid dlc. its a terrible idea for a game model. but im glad i didnt actually buy it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

After finishing GTA5 again i didnt know what to play next. My bro in law recommended Persona 5 Royal. Ive never played a Persona game before but im really enjoying it. Anyone else played it?

Played the original Persona 5, not Royal. Fantastic, weird, crazy game. Also recently did the sequel P5: Strikers, different combat but really good still.

• Like 1

Yeah, Far Cry 6 is decent enough. 

Anyone who's played any of the Far Cry series since FC2 knows what to expect. Ubisoft don't deviate from the formula much. Kill endless amounts of enemies, liberate endless cut / paste outposts with endless materials and collectibles to grab. 

The writing and characters are fun, and the world is excellent and despite the above it hasn't managed to get boring yet - there's enough variation to keep entertaining. It somehow strikes the right balance between daft over-the-top fun, and serious story beats better than any of the previous games. 

It needs some patching though IMO, some of the weapons are really imbalanced. Not sure the introduction of the RPG elements like health bars and ammo types were really necessary too... But it seems to be the way Ubisoft is heading with many of their IPs. It shouldn't take 3 shots from a sniper rifle to take down a dog, it's totally immersion-breaking. 

Also the AI is absolutely atrocious. The worst I've seen from an AAA release in a long time. 

On 13/10/2021 at 11:06, RoboFox said:

Yeah, Far Cry 6 is decent enough. 

Also the AI is absolutely atrocious. The worst I've seen from an AAA release in a long time. 

Massive Fan of the Far Cry series, not got 6 yet (birthday soon)

It suprises me about the bad AI as it's usually pretty good in the series

The problem with far cry now is rather than being this amazing experience like it used to be, ubisoft now basically make the same game over and over again, make one or two minor tweaks call it something else and release it. I'm all ubisofted out and have been for a long time. Far cry used to be one of my favourite games, 2 and 3 especially brilliant games, gave up with 5 a few hours in just done it all before too many times to still enjoy it. 

On 16/10/2021 at 14:15, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The problem with far cry now is rather than being this amazing experience like it used to be, ubisoft now basically make the same game over and over again, make one or two minor tweaks call it something else and release it. I'm all ubisofted out and have been for a long time. Far cry used to be one of my favourite games, 2 and 3 especially brilliant games, gave up with 5 a few hours in just done it all before too many times to still enjoy it. 

This is basically most releases from AAA developers in 2021. Far Cry, Call of Duty, FIFA, Assassin's Creed etc. There's so much profit to be made they basically just re-skin and release. This is why we need to buy from developers who dare to have an original thought. 

I've persisted with it, but Far Cry 6 is a pretty average game. I HATE the AI. It's some of the worst I've experienced in a big, new release for a long time. The enemy respawns are just broken and immersion-break to the point where the game isn't fun for large periods. It's like it wants you not to feel like you're making progress.

The game feels properly second-rate at times... It's a shame because with more polish and some better design decisions, and it could be good. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yakuza Like a Dragon is a blast, has one of the best turn-based combat systems I've experienced.  Takes a long time to get going though, be prepared for a lot of cut-scenes (totally worth it nevertheless).

Just started a New Vegas campaign too.

On 23/09/2021 at 10:12, kingcarr21 said:

Its not my last trophy but i just dont see the point in carrying on. I got to 117 hours. The ending with the Animus is very interesting so make sure you carry on. Sigurds missions become very interesting

I tried the fishing on AC:V yesterday and managed to get the 10 fish needed for the offering in Grantbridge in under 20 minutes.  I've noticed that I've somehow picked up 6 species of fish.  There are only 19 in the game so I reckon with a guide for farming spots I can do this in under 2 hrs.

At 95 hours in now.  Just started Gloucestershire.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I tried the fishing on AC:V yesterday and managed to get the 10 fish needed for the offering in Grantbridge in under 20 minutes.  I've noticed that I've somehow picked up 6 species of fish.  There are only 19 in the game so I reckon with a guide for farming spots I can do this in under 2 hrs.

At 95 hours in now.  Just started Gloucestershire.  

Yea i remember the Grantbridge one not taking too long. I hate fishing in real life, my dad always tried to get me into fishing and i never took to it. So even the idea of fishing in game feels like a complete waste of time lol 

Ive just finished the final battle in Persona 5 Royal. Now i presume i would be finished if it was Persona 5 but i think the Royal version has 1 extra palace so i still need to finish that, and presumably another final boss.

Then i will look into finally playing Mass Effect Trilogy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Is Cyber Punk worth playing now? 

Just picked up an X series Xbox and looking for some top games

There have been about 10 updates since the initial release to clear up a lot of the issues, but...

If you still haven't played it yet and aren't in a rush to I would probably wait until the next gen update expected in Q1 2022

https://www.polygon.com/22752512/cyberpunk-2077-next-gen-update-delayed-dlc-2022

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Is Cyber Punk worth playing now? 

Just picked up an X series Xbox and looking for some top games

It was always worth playing as long as you weren't on a last gen console. 

I bought it on release week on PC and besides a couple of small bugs I never had an issue. 

Most of the bad press (and a lot of the issues) came because they got themselves trapped in an impossible situation where almost nobody could be satisfied. 

On one hand, they had the majority market, console owners, predominantly using the previous generation of machines. They desperately wanted the game to be playable for these people. But on the other hand, people had also hyped themselves to stratospheric levels about the potential of the game, how massive it could be, how open it could be. Some of it got ridiculous, I swear there were nerds on social media that were going to be disappointed with anything short of Ready Player One levels of second life fulfillment. 

So they're trying to make the game as massive as possible, as beautiful as possible, whilst also making it playable on an xbone. It just couldn't be done. They tried, compromised, and ended up disappointing everyone. 

I've logged several hundred hours on two play throughs taking different paths. I reckon my main play through was about 150hrs and I didn't finish all the side quests on the map. I love it, it's honestly one of my favourite games of the last decade and I'd recommend it to anyone but it's worth pointing out that I didn't buy in to the original hype. I followed it from announcement and I was looking forward to it but I never expected it to be any more than just a stock FPS RPG along the Deus Ex lines. 

If that's what you're after, you'll like it. If you're expecting it to be some sort of fully immersive, escapist, role playing experience then you're being naive. If you accept its JUST a game, go nuts. 

My only real criticism, which may sound nuts given what I just said about my play time, was that the main campaign is a bit too short. The balance between main and side campaigns is probably done so that casual gamers can see the whole story and only log about 25/30hrs like you would with most AAA titles. I find that a shame. I'd have liked a bit more meat on the bones of the main story, even if it means losing a big chunk of the side missions. I did feel at the end a bit like "so... why did I do some of that stuff?" The main story is basically that you're dying and against the clock, so it felt a bit weird to be roaming around an open world doing odd jobs for people. 

Overall its a 9/10 title for me though. I loved it a lot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It was always worth playing as long as you weren't on a last gen console. 

I bought it on release week on PC and besides a couple of small bugs I never had an issue. 

Most of the bad press (and a lot of the issues) came because they got themselves trapped in an impossible situation where almost nobody could be satisfied. 

On one hand, they had the majority market, console owners, predominantly using the previous generation of machines. They desperately wanted the game to be playable for these people. But on the other hand, people had also hyped themselves to stratospheric levels about the potential of the game, how massive it could be, how open it could be. Some of it got ridiculous, I swear there were nerds on social media that were going to be disappointed with anything short of Ready Player One levels of second life fulfillment. 

So they're trying to make the game as massive as possible, as beautiful as possible, whilst also making it playable on an xbone. It just couldn't be done. They tried, compromised, and ended up disappointing everyone. 

I've logged several hundred hours on two play throughs taking different paths. I reckon my main play through was about 150hrs and I didn't finish all the side quests on the map. I love it, it's honestly one of my favourite games of the last decade and I'd recommend it to anyone but it's worth pointing out that I didn't buy in to the original hype. I followed it from announcement and I was looking forward to it but I never expected it to be any more than just a stock FPS RPG along the Deus Ex lines. 

If that's what you're after, you'll like it. If you're expecting it to be some sort of fully immersive, escapist, role playing experience then you're being naive. If you accept its JUST a game, go nuts. 

My only real criticism, which may sound nuts given what I just said about my play time, was that the main campaign is a bit too short. The balance between main and side campaigns is probably done so that casual gamers can see the whole story and only log about 25/30hrs like you would with most AAA titles. I find that a shame. I'd have liked a bit more meat on the bones of the main story, even if it means losing a big chunk of the side missions. I did feel at the end a bit like "so... why did I do some of that stuff?" The main story is basically that you're dying and against the clock, so it felt a bit weird to be roaming around an open world doing odd jobs for people. 

Overall its a 9/10 title for me though. I loved it a lot. 

this is 100% accurate. its a fantastic game with some issues but nothing that will stop you enjoying it

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The police AI sucks in CP77 but that's my one major gripe with the game

Do they still pop in as soon as you commit a crime and shoot you in the back?

Haven't actually played since I finished it when it first released