Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

10 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Been playing Dead By Daylight for the past couple of weeks. Forgot how fun it is.

Is taking the role of the killer the only way to complete this as a single player? Is single play even possible? 

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Is Cyber Punk worth playing now? 

Just picked up an X series Xbox and looking for some top games

Yes.

To echo Moore and Finnegan, there have been many patches and fixes, they don't eliminate all the glitches but contrary to reports it is playable - I ran it on a PS4pro and I experienced only slightly more gremlins that you tend to encounter with a other open world new releases. It too couldn't believe the online hysteria over all this. Also, revisit this thread also from Nov/Dec last year. It's a game ffs. 

When I look back on lockdown, I recall major home improvements, guitar, more guitar, books and...Cyberpunk 2077. Finners is right, the main storyline is so short, but there's so much to explore and unearth even if the NPCs are a tad too generic and some of the scenery repeated. @Finnegan Actually, I'd never considered this until you mentioned it, but why the hell would V be wasting so much time and energy running pointless errands for fixers? - the character is a mercenary, I get that - but also the wild goose chases and fatuous but often amusing side quests when he has a shard inside his head that's basically a countdown to a date with a mortuary slab?

This is a hugely immersive game, massively addictive and immense fun. I didn't like the crafting system and if I'd realised that the perks/skills progression/tree is capped, then I would have developed the character in a different way. Also, my main caveat is, be aware that the way that you choose to interact with Johnny Silverhand has consequences for the endings that are presented.

I'm a sucker for a sandbox and leave no grain unturned. This is the most engrossing open world game I've played since Skyrim or Fallout 4 and the most fun since Days Gone. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Actually, I'd never considered this until you mentioned it, but why the hell would V be wasting so much time and energy running pointless errands for fixers? -

The idea is SUPPOSED to be that V does those things to gain Street Cred (fame) and that certain doors to them are closed in Night City until they are more famous, more of a legend. These doors (for example, getting Rogue to see you) should be closed until you've achieved X levels of Street Cred, which is your incentive to go make a name for yourself doing side hustles. 

It's just that's all pretty poorly communicated, Street Cred ends up being something you gain a bit too quickly, which only really seems to effect what other side missions you unlock, or some vehicles and clothes you can purchase and that's about it. It's not a well implemented mechanic. 

The world should interact with you a little differently based on your Street Cred and that should be communicated a little bit whilst navigating through the main story, which should be more literally gated behind certain levels which should be harder to gain. 

But, again, I imagine they either toned that down or under developed it either because of time or because they wanted the main story to be more accessible to casual players that didn't want a 150hr story. 

• Like 1

The performance now on a decent PC (i7, 32gb DDR, 3060) is really good as well. 

Lots of people get hung up on bugs and there still are some there (fixing some always creates more) but I believe any game-breaking stuff was solved long ago.

I need to get back to it actually; I hadn't touched my PC for gaming until I got addicted to Bannerlord and AOE4 recently.

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But, again, I imagine they either toned that down or under developed it either because of time or because they wanted the main story to be more accessible to casual players that didn't want a 150hr story. 

And the shareholders wanted it released to hit their window.

30 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

And the shareholders wanted it released to hit their window.

I mean there's definitely a bit of this, these words have pretty much never left my mouth before but - "in defence of the corporate side..." the game had been delayed a frankly insane amount of times and I can understand them seeing the optics of another delay and not wanting that at all. They'd already tolerated an enormous amount of postponement where the EAs of Ubisofts of this world would have just launched complete muck earlier. 

The whole thing was just a mess. The communication was awful, letting xbone/ps4 owners buy it thinking it'd be anything like playable was shocking, verging on criminal. The scope creep in the project was absurd and - quite frankly so was the net time it took them to produce the end result. 

The company as a whole definitely hoofed a LOT straight over the bar from point blank. But to take it back to the original point, at the end of the day they still made an excellent game. They just made a lot of mess with it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

Is taking the role of the killer the only way to complete this as a single player? Is single play even possible? 

Yes.

To echo Moore and Finnegan, there have been many patches and fixes, they don't eliminate all the glitches but contrary to reports it is playable - I ran it on a PS4pro and I experienced only slightly more gremlins that you tend to encounter with a other open world new releases. It too couldn't believe the online hysteria over all this. Also, revisit this thread also from Nov/Dec last year. It's a game ffs. 

When I look back on lockdown, I recall major home improvements, guitar, more guitar, books and...Cyberpunk 2077. Finners is right, the main storyline is so short, but there's so much to explore and unearth even if the NPCs are a tad too generic and some of the scenery repeated. @Finnegan Actually, I'd never considered this until you mentioned it, but why the hell would V be wasting so much time and energy running pointless errands for fixers? - the character is a mercenary, I get that - but also the wild goose chases and fatuous but often amusing side quests when he has a shard inside his head that's basically a countdown to a date with a mortuary slab?

This is a hugely immersive game, massively addictive and immense fun. I didn't like the crafting system and if I'd realised that the perks/skills progression/tree is capped, then I would have developed the character in a different way. Also, my main caveat is, be aware that the way that you choose to interact with Johnny Silverhand has consequences for the endings that are presented.

I'm a sucker for a sandbox and leave no grain unturned. This is the most engrossing open world game I've played since Skyrim or Fallout 4 and the most fun since Days Gone. 

Does it though? In my playthrough I was able to see all the Silverhand endings based purely on the dialogue at that point, it's something a lot of 'choices define outcome' games fall foul to so I don't massively hold it against them, just pick the dialogue consistent with your roleplaying to that point and you're good.

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Do they still pop in as soon as you commit a crime and shoot you in the back?

Haven't actually played since I finished it when it first released

Me neither but as far as I know, yes, been keeping an eye on updates and unless I missed it there hasn't been mention of proper police implementation.

16 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Does it though? In my playthrough I was able to see all the Silverhand endings based purely on the dialogue at that point, it's something a lot of 'choices define outcome' games fall foul to so I don't massively hold it against them, just pick the dialogue consistent with your roleplaying to that point and you're good.

Yeah it does. You obviously had a relationship over 70% - I didn't and therefore had the secret ending denied. Not sure whether this has been amended or changed since - I haven't checked. 

18 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Me neither but as far as I know, yes, been keeping an eye on updates and unless I missed it there hasn't been mention of proper police implementation.

They did change it. They spawn from further away now. It was patched months ago. 

It's still not great, especially when Driver had live police patrols in the late 90s that make Cyberpunk look poor. But its been improved yeah. 

Gotta be honest, I don't tend to go shooting up public places all that much mind. So I never really found it a problem. I mean the game was never meant to play like a 12 year old getting bored on GTA. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They did change it. They spawn from further away now. It was patched months ago. 

It's still not great, especially when Driver had live police patrols in the late 90s that make Cyberpunk look poor. But its been improved yeah. 

Gotta be honest, I don't tend to go shooting up public places all that much mind. So I never really found it a problem. I mean the game was never meant to play like a 12 year old getting bored on GTA. 

Then what do you do towards the end of a session when you're bored? There are no side games... I once found a prison where ironically the police can't spawn in, only outside of it, and I had great fun running around the complex mowing down helpless inmates ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 hours ago, Line-X said:

Yes.

Well I play single play and I love it tbh. I’ve never run killer as I find running survivor is much more fun.

17 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Well I play single play and I love it tbh. I’ve never run killer as I find running survivor is much more fun.

Isn't it a tad frustrating playing a pretty much powerless and irritating high school kid? 

EDIT: Actually, I've watched too many Friday 13th films I think. Having taken a look, 'The Survivors' are clearly far more interesting than I realised and like the killers drawn in from other games/franchises. Are these characters instantly obtainable now or do they have to be accessed through purchased DLC? Also, I understand this is an online game. Are the other survivors bots or do you have to be teamed up with other online players? 

Edited by Line-X

Finally finished Persona 5 Royal. Really enjoyed the game even though the ending dragged on and on. 97 hours to complete.

Now i will keep an eye out for info on Persona 6 whilst looking into how to play the previous games. Another game series i can look forward to.

Not sure what to look at playing next. I want to tackle the new Far Cry along with Mass Effect Trilogy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Finally finished Persona 5 Royal. Really enjoyed the game even though the ending dragged on and on. 97 hours to complete.

Now i will keep an eye out for info on Persona 6 whilst looking into how to play the previous games. Another game series i can look forward to.

Not sure what to look at playing next. I want to tackle the new Far Cry along with Mass Effect Trilogy. 

Try the sequel P5: Strikers. Different combat but similar style - 'only' about 30 hours too so not too much of a slog.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

P4 Golden is cheap on Steam

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Line-X said:

Isn't it a tad frustrating playing a pretty much powerless and irritating high school kid? 

EDIT: Actually, I've watched too many Friday 13th films I think. Having taken a look, 'The Survivors' are clearly far more interesting than I realised and like the killers drawn in from other games/franchises. Are these characters instantly obtainable now or do they have to be accessed through purchased DLC? Also, I understand this is an online game. Are the other survivors bots or do you have to be teamed up with other online players? 

They are all different DLC’s but they are all on offer on the PS store as far as I’m aware. I love it as you’ve got Resident Evil and Silent Hill characters in the same game. 

With regards to the online play, it’s online players, not bots, but I’ve came across some players playing like bots. It’s such a fun game mate, you should give it a try.

35 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

They are all different DLC’s but they are all on offer on the PS store as far as I’m aware. I love it as you’ve got Resident Evil and Silent Hill characters in the same game. 

With regards to the online play, it’s online players, not bots, but I’ve came across some players playing like bots. It’s such a fun game mate, you should give it a try.

Maybe. Must say, it looks excellent, but I hate playing online. The idea about the survivors is that you are teamed up as four and I find this works very badly with people you don't know over the internet. I'd like to give it a shot alone. Also, it seems that depending which character you choose it can initially be a challenge to learn the mechanics of the game - so if others have played before the differential can be massive. Does it require a paid subscription like the Fallout 76 nonsense? 

25 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Maybe. Must say, it looks excellent, but I hate playing online. The idea about the survivors is that you are teamed up as four and I find this works very badly with people you don't know over the internet. I'd like to give it a shot alone. Also, it seems that depending which character you choose it can initially be a challenge to learn the mechanics of the game - so if others have played before the differential can be massive. Does it require a paid subscription like the Fallout 76 nonsense? 

survivors are basically all the same bar a few perks that differ for beginners, you can unlock all perks for each one though, theres no sub and they are easy to play, you cant talk to your team mates either, if you want to play alone, play killer, i find it more fun anyway and only play survivor with friends. some killers are harder than others to play but theres one for everyone

9 minutes ago, Beliall said:

survivors are basically all the same bar a few perks that differ for beginners, you can unlock all perks for each one though, theres no sub and they are easy to play, you cant talk to your team mates either, if you want to play alone, play killer, i find it more fun anyway and only play survivor with friends. some killers are harder than others to play but theres one for everyone

Yeah I noticed that - but I liked the idea of the greater immersion of the survivor. 

What I don't understand is that this game is, for its maximum effect, designed for collaborative strategy. If the other three players are random online gamers, then they might shaft you. be out for themselves, simply wait it out to the detriment of other players or just be completely crap. Really don't like the sound of that. The intrigue from this comes from evading and confounding the killers. Rather attempt that on my own. 

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Yeah I noticed that - but I liked the idea of the greater immersion of the survivor. 

What I don't understand is that this game is, for its maximum effect, designed for collaborative strategy. If the other three players are random online gamers, then they might shaft you. be out for themselves, simply wait it out to the detriment of other players or just be completely crap. Really don't like the sound of that. The intrigue from this comes from evading and confounding the killers. Rather attempt that on my own. 

the community is toxic, good survivors will tea bag and loop the killer all day. the only thing you do together is repair gens and maybe you get rescued, maybe not. a good team will have someone keeping the killer busy while the rest do gens