Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Blackpool v Burnley.

Burnley and Blackpool are not really local rivals. Blackpool v Preston is their big derby - they hate each other in the same way Burnley and Blackburn hate each other.

After Blackburn, Leeds are the club Burnley fans hate most (only 40 miles apart).

I just wish Leicester would get the points they need for the title as quickly as possible and us the points for 2nd.

Dropping 5 points in the last 2 matches was not in the script for you in the same way losing at home to Middlesbrough was not in the script for us.

I just want it all over and done with so I can relax with nothing on the last 2/3 games.

Only 2,000 tickets for Burnley fans:(...loads are going to Blackpool to watch in pubs near ground etc...

Recipe for some trouble I think. :(

Bring your bathing pants with you and you'll have a blast regardless. Also helps to cool the temper.:P

Did anyone think Yeovil were going to give us a game?

Ok we got a draw, but we were lucky, very lucky, could quite easily have lost it, all i'm saying is don't write Blackpool off, Burnley have injury problems don't forget.

I'm a great believer of not caring what other teams can do for us, we focus on ourselves and it's the only thing we can affect but c'mon Blackpool!!

That's only because a lot of our players are rubbish and need replacing asap.  Kasper didn't score that easy header for instance.  Get rid.

I can see a high scoring draw. Whilst this is a nice fixture for most teams and you would expect an away win this is a Lancashire derby and with both teams 'off form' - clearly Blackpool's free fall being worse than Burnley's slight stutter - this could an interesting game and entertaining one at that.

For us though, any points Blackpool can pinch are a bonus.

Blackpool are desperate and could sneak a draw, which would help us. On Saturday, I just wonder if Arry will rest some of the team for the play-offs, depending on Good Friday results - I can see Wes giving Charlie Austin a kicking in just where his injury is. If QPR are nine points clear with three to play why risk further injury to key players.

The next three games Burnley kick off and finish their matches before us so we will always know what we have to do, which hopefully is an advantage (although we shouldn't really need any help!)

Blackpool's crunch game could be last match of season home to Charlton.

Did anyone think Yeovil were going to give us a game?

Ok we got a draw, but we were lucky, very lucky, could quite easily have lost it, all i'm saying is don't write Blackpool off, Burnley have injury problems don't forget.

I'm a great believer of not caring what other teams can do for us, we focus on ourselves and it's the only thing we can affect but c'mon Blackpool!!

Not anymore they don't, they just have Vokes out long term.

Can't see Burnley losing this and QPR are in good form so will be a difficult game for us, don't think we'll win it this weekend.

Not anymore they don't, they just have Vokes out long term.

Can't see Burnley losing this and QPR are in good form so will be a difficult game for us, don't think we'll win it this weekend.

Your probably right but it would be damn nice to win the league against QPR

6 points mathematically.

Again that makes no sense.

6 points maximum.

any combination of 2 wins for us or 2 losses for them.

3 wins and a draw for Burnley only puts them on 93 points, cannot see them winning 4 especially who they play in their last 3 games. Think they will beat Blackpool but then if they go up after that game their feet will come off the gas too!

On paper, Burnley should win but it's a local derby and as ever, you never know. Can't see Derby failing to win at Doncaster, either.

Nobody knows how football works. I mean, look at the two results in the PL on Wednesday night.

Not a chance in hell Blackpool will win this. They're going down. Apparently Blackpool fans are planning to protest against Oyston by throwing tangerines on the pitch.  lol

10k Burnley expected in town for it, glad I'm away from there and back in Leicestershire for the weekend.

Am I right in saying that if Burnley fail to win then we can get promoted by beating QPR tomorrow?

They need to lose and us to win for that to happen. If they draw and we win they can only get the same points as us and our GDs aren't too dissimilar. It would be pretty much over then as we'd need one more point but it still wouldn't officially have happened.

Archived