Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

QPR will no doubt be a team full of hasbeens looking for one last pay day then, can see them going straight back down next season.

It starts once more...

:yawn:

You have no idea whether that will be the case. Who did Redknapp actually play last season? Austin.. certainly not a 'has-been'. Morrison.. a kid. Didnt he play some young lad on loan for the bulk of the season? (Name escapes me)..

Joey Barton (who he turned around to actually wanting to play for him).

A South Korean on loan?

Yeah, he also played his tried and trusted. Which manager doesnt?

No, in fact, forget it.. its become more than daft.

I concede.. the FT faithful have beaten me into submission.. I've had my go at turning nonsense into some rational argument.. and failed. I'm not surprised.

lol

It starts once more...

You have no idea whether that will be the case. Who did Redknapp actually play last season? Austin.. certainly not a 'has-been'. Morrison.. a kid. Didnt he play some young lad on loan for the bulk of the season? (Name escapes me)..

A South Korean on loan?

I concede.. the FT faithful have beaten me into submission.. I've had my go at turning nonsense into some rational argument.. and failed. I'm not surprised.

lol

It's easy to make a good argument when you leave out the flaws in it.

Green, Hill, Dunne, O'Neil, Wright-Phillips, Zamora, Johnson and probably others that I've missed out are has beens. Yeah he played some youngsters on loan but they're not his players - signing overpaid players that are in the twilight years of their respective careers didn't work last time and it looks like they're going to do exactly the same thing after both Fernandes (who deserves a lot of the blame, admittedly)and Redknapp vowed they would learn from their mistakes.

Obviously you feel the need to defend Harry because you think the stick he gets is unjustified but surely you must understand why he isn't popular on here at least on a non-personal level?

It's easy to make a good argument when you leave out the flaws in it.

Green, Hill, Dunne, O'Neil, Wright-Phillips, Zamora, Johnson and probably others that I've missed out are has beens. Yeah he played some youngsters on loan but they're not his players - signing overpaid players that are in the twilight years of their respective careers didn't work last time and it looks like they're going to do exactly the same thing after both Fernandes (who deserves a lot of the blame, admittedly)and Redknapp vowed they would learn from their mistakes.

Obviously you feel the need to defend Harry because you think the stick he gets is unjustified but surely you must understand why he isn't popular on here at least on a non-personal level?

The arguments over Redknapp, on here, never have been balanced. You have possibly 70/80% saying he's a willy puller (add critical term here..), a couple or three of us saying he aint, and a few somewhere in the middle.

I have tried to provide balance till I'm blue in the face. There is no point.. people have made their mind up, that's clear. But I've had a good go at least.

What's the phrase? Pick your arguments..

:thumbup:

The post, a couple or three above, from LCFC epitomises what I'm saying..

Guest ttfn

The arguments over Redknapp, on here, never have been balanced. You have possibly 70/80% saying he's a willy puller (add critical term here..), a couple or three of us saying he aint, and a few somewhere in the middle.

I have tried to provide balance till I'm blue in the face. There is no point.. people have made their mind up, that's clear. But I've had a good go at least.

So I trust you won't be posting about Harry Redknapp any more then?

Again.. theres the gamble. If Rio keeps QPR up it will be money well spent.

I assume Arry again has dipped into his own pocket to pay for Ferdinand's wages? Oh no, that would be the Chairman?...

But you're assuming that Matty Upson is going to be our number 1 defender, which isn't the case.

QPR are putting their survival on the shoulders of a slow, accident and injury prone 35 year old, giving him ~100k a week in the process.

I'd much rather our position.

Guest ttfn

Arry just spends big money on players who are hyped. It wouldn't surprise if he signed his players through FIFA

Players signed permanently by Redknapp at QPR:

2012-13

4 January 2013 DF 21px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png Tal Ben Haim Unattached Free [16] 16 January 2013 FW 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Loïc Rémy 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Marseille £8M [17] 30 January 2013 DF 23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png Yun Suk-Young 23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png Chunnam Dragons Undisclosed [18] 31 January 2013 DF 23px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_the_Congo.s Christopher Samba 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Anzhi Makhachkala £12.5M [19] 31 January 2013 MF 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Jermaine Jenas 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Tottenham Hotspur £2M [20]

All famous Premier League players except for Yun, who has played a whopping 7 games for QPR, and Remy, who had 18 caps for France when he signed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season#In (sorry I can only post 1 image for some reason).

Simpson, Dunne, Benayoun and Hughes are all famous Premier League players. Henry has also recently enjoyed a few seasons at that level (albeit he is perhaps more infamous than famous). O'Neil has spent the overwhelming majority of his career in the top flight.

Oguchi Onyewu was not a million years ago on the books at AC Milan.

Chevanton and Donaldson didn't play/haven't played.

Phillips and Austin have been 2 of the better players in the Championship for the last 3 years - every man and his dog knows that, which is why they cost over £10 million between them.

I do value the balance you provide in this argument to an extent, but in this particular instance I don't see what is wrong with what LCFC Fox has posted (apart from the sarcy comment about FIFA).

That's not true, is it? There are much more people on here who have given you some reasonable and in-depth explanations concerning their doubt about Redknapp as a manager.

So much for selective reading.

Redknapp isn't a "willy puller" in my eyes, but by far less successful or god-like as you'd like to paint your picture.

Apart from an FA trophy and an Intertoto Cup win, what has he achieved over the course of 20+ years of management?

Given the (financial) resources he's had at many of the clubs he's managed or is still managing, he has underperformed.

He's more known for his media personality than he is for his managerial abilities. And I don't see how that can be any good.

Players signed permanently by Redknapp at QPR:

2012-13

4 January 2013 DF 21px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png Tal Ben Haim Unattached Free [16] 16 January 2013 FW 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Loïc Rémy 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Marseille £8M [17] 30 January 2013 DF 23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png Yun Suk-Young 23px-Flag_of_South_Korea.svg.png Chunnam Dragons Undisclosed [18] 31 January 2013 DF 23px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_the_Congo.s Christopher Samba 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Anzhi Makhachkala £12.5M [19] 31 January 2013 MF 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Jermaine Jenas 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Tottenham Hotspur £2M [20]

All famous Premier League players except for Yun, who has played a whopping 7 games for QPR, and Remy, who had 18 caps for France when he signed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season#In (sorry I can only post 1 image for some reason).

Simpson, Dunne, Benayoun and Hughes are all famous Premier League players. Henry has also recently enjoyed a few seasons at that level (albeit he is perhaps more infamous than famous). O'Neil has spent the overwhelming majority of his career in the top flight.

Oguchi Onyewu was not a million years ago on the books at AC Milan.

Chevanton and Donaldson didn't play/haven't played.

Phillips and Austin have been 2 of the better players in the Championship for the last 3 years - every man and his dog knows that, which is why they cost over £10 million between them.

I do value the balance you provide in this argument to an extent, but in this particular instance I don't see what is wrong with what LCFC Fox has posted (apart from the sarcy comment about FIFA).

well you never know with Arry! ;)

Why do you even care enough to constantly stick up for him? It's a bit weird

Again.. theres the gamble. If Rio keeps QPR up it will be money well spent.

I assume Arry again has dipped into his own pocket to pay for Ferdinand's wages? Oh no, that would be the Chairman?...

I'll give him credit, he does pick the right chairmen who allow him to bring in who he wants and more.

It starts once more...

A South Korean on loan?

lol

I was talking about QPR in general rather than Redknapp.

They signed a load of hasbeens, were relegated and now looks like they are taking a similar approach. It could easily go tits up again.

The new Hull tigers logo

10443604_10152205070644537_5447950936131

As you can imagine, the Hull fans have gone berserk as apparently they were promised consultation and surprise, surprise nothing happened. Also here is direct quote from Allam over the matter a while back:

'What the fans should be interested in - I will never change the colour, I will never change the logo, I will never remove Hull, I will never remove Tigers.

'These words were there for many years. The colour of the club, amber and black, is there. The logo is there. That's for the fans and I will never change this without consulting the fans.

But he hasn't really changed the logo. The logo is the trademark tiger which he has kept. IMO, it's a lot better than what it was before. I see no reason as to why the Hull fans are complaining.

But he hasn't really changed the logo. The logo is the trademark tiger which he has kept. IMO, it's a lot better than what it was before. I see no reason as to why the Hull fans are complaining.

Basically they were promised consultation before they chose the logo and it also doesn't include their name, 'Hull City AFC'. Many of their supporters see it as the owner being childish, as in 'if it's not Hull Tigers then it's nothing'.

But you're assuming that Matty Upson is going to be our number 1 defender, which isn't the case.

QPR are putting their survival on the shoulders of a slow, accident and injury prone 35 year old, giving him ~100k a week in the process.

I'd much rather our position.

And you know that how?

Or are you just assuming he won't be?

And you know that how?

Or are you just assuming he won't be?

Of course I'm assuming, but it's an educated guess. Why would he be a key player? He's 35 and has been signed on a one year deal. He'll have been signed for his experience on the training ground and helping us see games out. Similar to GTF and Phillips.

Exactly! And how on earth does he know what role Ferdinand will play at QPR and what wage he will be on?

How???

The ridiculousness continues..

Why do you think Ferdinand would choose to play for QPR? He'll be on a shed load. Nothing close to our supposed 30k a week limit.

Why would you spend that amount on a bit part player? Don't be daft.

Obviously a little gutted that England are out the World Cup but couldn't be happier that 6 of our players back injury free and will be back in pre-season earlier than expected (well I expected), maybe even see the return of Suarez earlier as well. 

Rumours going around that Sanchez is available now for £32 million, much prefer spending that than £25 million+ for Adam Lallana, I was never prepared to go above £20 million for him. 

Obviously a little gutted that England are out the World Cup but couldn't be happier that 6 of our players back injury free and will be back in pre-season earlier than expected (well I expected), maybe even see the return of Suarez earlier as well. 

Rumours going around that Sanchez is available now for £32 million, much prefer spending that than £25 million+ for Adam Lallana, I was never prepared to go above £20 million for him.

Hope that doesnt mean suarez is going the other way though

Guest MattP

Yet again showing just how ridiculous the Premier League market is compared to everything else.

Sanchez will be a class signing for somebody. He outshone Neymar at Barcelona last year.

Yet again showing just how ridiculous the Premier League market is compared to everything else.

Sanchez will be a class signing for somebody. He outshone Neymar at Barcelona last year.

I know, crazy. 

Hope Rodgers now does his business early instead of waiting, huge season for us and we need to bring in as many quality players as we possibly can. 

I know, crazy.

Hope Rodgers now does his business early instead of waiting, huge season for us and we need to bring in as many quality players as we possibly can.

Isn't your chief executive shit at transfers though?

Isn't your chief executive shit at transfers though?

Don't know he was pretty good at bringing Luis Suarez in for £20 million, Daniel Sturridge for £12 million and Coutinho for £8 million.

Anyway, rumours doing the rounds are that Sanchez will join Liverpool on a 5 year deal when his World Cup is over, fee around £34 million and Liverpool reps have met with Shaqiri's brother and agent about an apparent move, maybe a loan move. Obviously all speculation and I will expect neither to sign. :D

Archived